Thread: Personal Loot

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account

Personal Loot

If I am playing as sub will PL give me fist weapons, 1H swords or 1H axes and maces or will it only give me daggers? If it only gives me daggers will switching to combat spec before looting the boss or using a bonus seal allow me to get these types of weapons?

it will give what you can see for your spec on the journal
    and to the 2nd question: i believe the loot is chosen the moment a boss dies and not when looting it

Correct me if I am wrong, but there is no boss that drops daggers and at same time another kind of weapon a rogue can use.

Also, if you check the drops and select the appropriate spec, what you see is what you get if Personal Loot is enabled.
    Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes.
    Oscar Wilde

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    it will give what you can see for your spec on the journal
    and to the 2nd question: i believe the loot is chosen the moment a boss dies and not when looting it
    What about when using a bonus seal, is that spec also determined at the time the boss dies or could i swap specs before rolling?

Quote Originally Posted by Ermurazor View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but there is no boss that drops daggers and at same time another kind of weapon a rogue can use.

Also, if you check the drops and select the appropriate spec, what you see is what you get if Personal Loot is enabled.
    Yeah the thing is my weapons kind of suck, and lets take for example the first boss of highmaul. He does not drop any daggers, but can drop the Bladefist, which as an offhand weapon is way better than my current one. So if I want a chance at this item can I change specs before looting/rolling or do I have to do the fight as combat? Right now I am just joining ML raids and asking to roll as MS combat. Most raids seem to be ML, but I was just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Estocire View Post
    What about when using a bonus seal, is that spec also determined at the time the boss dies or could i swap specs before rolling?
    So if I want a chance at this item can I change specs before looting/rolling or do I have to do the fight as combat? Right now I am just joining ML raids and asking to roll as MS combat. Most raids seem to be ML, but I was just wondering.
    Just right click your portrait and select the loot specialization you want roll for.
    Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes.
    Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Ermurazor View Post
    Just right click your portrait and select the loot specialization you want roll for.
    I was going to say this. You can specify, if you don't want it to choose what spec you're currently playing, by right clicking your portrait and choosing a different specialization.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    I was going to say this. You can specify, if you don't want it to choose what spec you're currently playing, by right clicking your portrait and choosing a different specialization.
    Oh, cool! Thanks

Deleted
    Sadly this is inaccurate.

Sub can use Fist weapons in the Offhand (I currently actually use a slow offhand weapon as Sub)
    Combat can use daggers in the offhand. (Got about 12 daggers out of Grandoise Araments)
    If you're wanting Daggers only Assassination is the only spec that removes all 2.6 speed Axe/Mace/Sword/Fist Weapons from the Personal Loot table, Sub does not. As for not wanting a Dagger, i've personally ticketed blizzard asking if it was intended and sadly yes it is, there was no likelyhood that they'd be changing it any time soon from what I can gather.