Elemental 4-piece PvP bonus is garbage

Does anyone else feel that the Ele 4-piece pvp set bonus is complete garbage? If anyone doesn't know off-hand, the 4 piece is that interrupting a spell with wind shear activates lava surge. It is super situational, provides minimal extra throughput, and is completely useless against non-casters. Plus it is completely wasted if you WS when LS is already up. I feel that it should be scrapped and replaced with something that actually improves our performance. Any thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    The majority of set bonuses are complete garbage. While in theory it's good to be rewarded for doing certain things, in practice such effects are clunky, annoying or even too strong (feral Tiger's Fury being reset when you kick successfully for example).

Anyways, sound like you'd be much better off ignoring your 4 pc set bonus and just get the non-set bonus gear that give better secondary stats.

Elemental everything is garbage for PVP, not just 4p. That's a general note.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Elemental everything is garbage for PVP, not just 4p. That's a general note.
    Same applies to WW. Except both our bonuses are equally garbage.

I've always thought 4 piece set bonuses were a horrendous idea for PvP, making the gear gap even bigger when it doesn't need to be. I would propose that all 4 set bonuses that provide stat bonuses of any kind are removed, and replaced with cosmetic bonuses, ie 4 set Elemental bonus: Whenever you use Lava Burst, molten rock erupts from your feet.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    I've always thought 4 piece set bonuses were a horrendous idea for PvP, making the gear gap even bigger when it doesn't need to be. I would propose that all 4 set bonuses that provide stat bonuses of any kind are removed, and replaced with cosmetic bonuses, ie 4 set Elemental bonus: Whenever you use Lava Burst, molten rock erupts from your feet.
    Its extremely easy to gear up. You can be fully honor geared in less than 10 hours played time so I don't know what you mean by "gear gap". Also making 4 piece bonuses cosmetic would ensure that no one would get them. There would always be better stats on the other pieces so anyone with half a brain would know not to get the 4 set. The way it is now, some classes benefit from the 4 set, others do not. The cool part is that there is an option. You have 3 pieces to choose from now, instead of just 1 with a shitty 4 set. As 2hand frost, my 4 set is worthless. It makes rime procs cause you to do 10% more frost dmg to the target. It doesn't increase shadowfrost damage, and the biggest part of my damage (obliterate) is physical. Whats cool is I can mix and match pieces to get the stats I want.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Its extremely easy to gear up. You can be fully honor geared in less than 10 hours played time so I don't know what you mean by "gear gap". Also making 4 piece bonuses cosmetic would ensure that no one would get them. There would always be better stats on the other pieces so anyone with half a brain would know not to get the 4 set. The way it is now, some classes benefit from the 4 set, others do not. The cool part is that there is an option. You have 3 pieces to choose from now, instead of just 1 with a shitty 4 set. As 2hand frost, my 4 set is worthless. It makes rime procs cause you to do 10% more frost dmg to the target. It doesn't increase shadowfrost damage, and the biggest part of my damage (obliterate) is physical. Whats cool is I can mix and match pieces to get the stats I want.
    It has not always been this easy or quick to gear up, and I wonder if the speed it is done is an oversight or not. Cosmetic options have always been optional too, and it isn't guaranteed that the non set pieces have better stats, they just have different stats. By making all 4 sets cosmetic you completely remove the disparity in 4 set bonuses where some classes get ridiculously strong because of them (rets, ferals) while some barely use them (elemental)
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    It has not always been this easy or quick to gear up, and I wonder if the speed it is done is an oversight or not. Cosmetic options have always been optional too, and it isn't guaranteed that the non set pieces have better stats, they just have different stats. By making all 4 sets cosmetic you completely remove the disparity in 4 set bonuses where some classes get ridiculously strong because of them (rets, ferals) while some barely use them (elemental)
    I just don't understand the appeal to cosmetic sets. If all pvping did was give me dif looking gear, I wouldn't do it. And due to how the stats are spread on the gear, mix and matching will always be better than all of one set if there were no set bonuses. No sets have all +Beststat on every piece. But by mixing sets you could get 4/5 or 5/5 with best stat on it.

It's not garbage, but definitely not amazing. There have been some games where an interrupt followed by an instant Lava Burst caused us to land a kill. As I get more conquest gear, however, I will probably ditch 4 piece to get more Multistrike and Haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    The majority of set bonuses are complete garbage.
    This!

Much better to go with off-set or wrynn gear for better stats in most cases.

Something super simple that could make the ele set bonus much, much better is to be able to have LS stack up to 2 stacks. It could only stack with a successful WS interrupt, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DamaxXIV View Post
    Something super simple that could make the ele set bonus much, much better is to be able to have LS stack up to 2 stacks. It could only stack with a successful WS interrupt, though.
    Since it doesn't stack that exactly why it feels useless because it can override any proc whenever you Wind Shear essentially losing procs not being a bonus at all.

Funny thing is how most PVE set bonuses are absurd this expansion while PVP ones are garbage
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic