Deleted

Subtlety @ Twins

Hey,

I'm confused and I will just pop the question: Should I use Fan of Knives instead of Backstab as a combo point generator because of http://www.wowhead.com/spell=157671/...fan-of-knives?

Sincerely,
    hermoraunio

Yes using FoN with 2+ targets is most optimal for Subtlety. Backstab is fine if you're risking energy cap while they're separated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkehh View Post
    Yes using FoN with 2+ targets is most optimal for Subtlety. Backstab is fine if you're risking energy cap while they're separated.

I was wondering... should i use slow weapons on both hands if im going to use Fok all the time ?

There is always downtime when they are using WW or running around, i would at least have a dagger main hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Juano View Post
    I was wondering... should i use slow weapons on both hands if im going to use Fok all the time ?
    I want to say no, but you would have to simulate your character for that answer.

Now as poly says, the 2 target downtime on this fight is considerable enough to use a dagger. Upon looking at my last weeks logs, I used backstab 34 times during the fight.

Just spec assassination, can basically use same exact gear (maybe try to get a second BoE cloak and drop Gift of Mastery on it though) as long as you have two daggers (PvP dagger with Bleeding Hollow is only a fraction worse than Heroic Boot Knife with SH). I am sustaining >30k with no problems as assassination on this fight during progression, more like 35k when I play perfectly / get lucky with uptime. While Sub is capable of outputting close to the same, it takes a great deal more effort which is better spent dodging fire, also Assassination's superior energy generation lends to frequent Feint usage (which should be glyphed and kept up during Pulverize and Shout phases.

By the way, I am using SR in favor of Venom Zest, largely due to the fact that you WILL get energy capped during Lust and potentially execute phase otherwise.

By the way, don't forget to drop your smoke bombs, there are two great windows to do so, on second shout (when it crosses with pulverize) and 3 mins later towards end of fight. Let your raid know that you are doing this so that they collapse into the mist.
    Last edited by shaithis; 2015-01-21 at 05:49 PM.
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    Just spec assassination, can basically use same exact gear (maybe try to get a second BoE cloak and drop Gift of Mastery on it though) as long as you have two daggers (PvP dagger with Bleeding Hollow is only a fraction worse than Heroic Boot Knife with SH). I am sustaining >30k with no problems as assassination on this fight during progression, more like 35k when I play perfectly. While Sub is capable of outputting close to the same, it takes a great deal more effort which is better spent dodging fire, also Assassination's superior energy generation lends to frequent Feint usage.

By the way, I am using SR in favor of Venom Zest, largely due to the fact that you WILL get energy capped during Lust and potentially execute phase otherwise.
    This...but for what it's worth I'm sub/combat and our other rogue is assa/combat and I decided to play combat instead of sub to see how I'd do(usaually just under our assa rogue on this fight) I ended up topping as combat with 33k and our assa rogue was 2 with 30k.

The buff to Blade Flurry Multistrikes has given combat a pretty good boost overall, but most noticable on 2-3 targets compaired to what it used to be...instant posion being top or 2 on dmg abilities kinda nice lol
    *Official Ryg Tweet on Patch Notes Hype Train Passenger* -Never Forget

Quote Originally Posted by fredsterr View Post
    This...but for what it's worth I'm sub/combat and our other rogue is assa/combat and I decided to play combat instead of sub to see how I'd do(usaually just under our assa rogue on this fight) I ended up topping as combat with 33k and our assa rogue was 2 with 30k.

The buff to Blade Flurry Multistrikes has given combat a pretty good boost overall, but most noticable on 2-3 targets compaired to what it used to be...instant posion being top or 2 on dmg abilities kinda nice lol
    Yes, combat is currently stronger than assassination for any fight on which subt is not stronger than both. Obviously, swapping between combat and the other specs is more problematic as far as itemization. More assassination buffs, plz!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    Yes, combat is currently stronger than assassination for any fight on which subt is not stronger than both. Obviously, swapping between combat and the other specs is more problematic as far as itemization. More assassination buffs, plz!
    Currently I'm running with dagger mainhand and WF axe. Loot god does not seem to think I'm worthy of another dagger drop. I have 2x WF axes but my secondary stats are not perfectly suitable for combat. Tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by hermoraunio View Post
    Currently I'm running with dagger mainhand and WF axe. Loot god does not seem to think I'm worthy of another dagger drop. I have 2x WF axes but my secondary stats are not perfectly suitable for combat. Tricky.
    If you are wearing Highmaul gear, your secondary stats are perfectly suitable for combat. Sim yourself in current gear as both Subt and Combat vs 2 targets, take a few thousand dps off of Subt due to unfeasible rotation, and then make your own determination. I personally am respeccing between Subt and Combat (previously Assassination but finally got Mythic Axe, wewt!) as appropriate per encounter (combat for trash ofc).
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!