Heroic Imperator help needed, resto.

What would the best talents for Heroic imperator be?
    Running with 2-4-9 setup.

Armory: Just made this account, so i cant post links: Riptidejack - Aszune is my character.
    I feel my rotation/talents isnt optimal.
    Or any tips/tricks for improvement ?
    Trying to keep Riptide up at as many as possible, HST on CD, HR after we move from mine, Chain heal when need.

Any suggestions ?

Deleted
    I've cleared as resto druid and started my alt resto shaman.

Reading the mythic Imp I would suggest HC would be similar. Hide Tide seems to be the way to go - dont worry about meters - get to the reaver with 60% mana and then start to cast freely as from that point is mainly where all the healing starts from.

EB also as a long fight so will return a lot of mana

Use cd's often to save mana for all the healers.

If you stack for blowing up the adds - spirit link.

I feel i would play it the same way I play my druid just diff names on abilities.

Keep ES up
    HST on CD
    HR down on group when the add comes out.
    HR down in the middle for range stack when killing mages (and small adds aoe).
    UL if up for moving on mines.
    Rare use of chain heal until P3 comes UL them as needed

The main thing is use CD's early and frequent - obviously making sure they are up IF you need them at a ordered time.

I just feel this fight is all about having mana saved for the later phases 3/4

Quote Originally Posted by BombayRoll View Post
    I've cleared as resto druid and started my alt resto shaman.

Reading the mythic Imp I would suggest HC would be similar. Hide Tide seems to be the way to go - dont worry about meters - get to the reaver with 60% mana and then start to cast freely as from that point is mainly where all the healing starts from.

EB also as a long fight so will return a lot of mana

Use cd's often to save mana for all the healers.

If you stack for blowing up the adds - spirit link.

I feel i would play it the same way I play my druid just diff names on abilities.

Keep ES up
    HST on CD
    HR down on group when the add comes out.
    HR down in the middle for range stack when killing mages (and small adds aoe).
    UL if up for moving on mines.
    Rare use of chain heal until P3 comes UL them as needed

The main thing is use CD's early and frequent - obviously making sure they are up IF you need them at a ordered time.

I just feel this fight is all about having mana saved for the later phases 3/4
    What about talents / glyphs?
    Take the riptide glyph? any other good ones for this fight ?

Thanks for respons btw

Deleted
    Use your CDs as often as possible. Shaman CDs shine when everyone is low.
    With the new buff for HST you should NEVER delay its cooldown (unless there is 0 dmg).
    Try to cast as many healing waves as possible.
    Healing rain whenever you group-move out of the mines is very handy aswell.
    Knowing the fight inside and out is crucial, knowing when everyone is going to take damage,
    knowing when to pop tide for optimal healing, life-saving spiritlinks/tides during Intermission phase, etc...
    Keep on practicing the boss, just know the fight, that's the key for healing in my opinion.
    For talens go with Rushing Streams, EB, High tide (or CBT if you're sure you will never miss it.)
    I leave out riptide glyph and get EotE for the double rips on people.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jubi View Post
    Use your CDs as often as possible. Shaman CDs shine when everyone is low.
    With the new buff for HST you should NEVER delay its cooldown (unless there is 0 dmg).
    Try to cast as many healing waves as possible.
    Healing rain whenever you group-move out of the mines is very handy aswell.
    Knowing the fight inside and out is crucial, knowing when everyone is going to take damage,
    knowing when to pop tide for optimal healing, life-saving spiritlinks/tides during Intermission phase, etc...
    Keep on practicing the boss, just know the fight, that's the key for healing in my opinion.
    For talens go with Rushing Streams, EB, High tide (or CBT if you're sure you will never miss it.)
    I leave out riptide glyph and get EotE for the double rips on people.

Good luck.
    Thanks for respons, What do you guys think of Ancestral Swiftness?
    And what about the Chain Healing Glyph?

Deleted
    Talants as the person above said is what I would go for.

Glyph of chain could be ok for the last phase when its quite hectic and you might not be considering the best target for CH but just cast it on any riptide person (probably not needed though).

I would prefer echo over swiftness for the riptide coverage on High Tide or the double UL boosted casts.

The above are personal preferences but I would think if you went High Tide you would want EotE to compliment it a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by BombayRoll View Post
    Talants as the person above said is what I would go for.

Glyph of chain could be ok for the last phase when its quite hectic and you might not be considering the best target for CH but just cast it on any riptide person (probably not needed though).

I would prefer echo over swiftness for the riptide coverage on High Tide or the double UL boosted casts.

The above are personal preferences but I would think if you went High Tide you would want EotE to compliment it a bit.
    Aslong as im going heroic just stick with EotE, and swap it out with the glyph when i start mythic?
    Thoughts on the EM talent for resto? I could macro it with my other haste on use trinket. Is there any numbers on how much HTT is affected by haste?

Thanks for helping me improve^^

Deleted
    I personaly prefer for imperator ancestral swiftness, stormcloud, conductivity and EB. I never use riptide glyph or chain heal, just in case I need spam ch. heal like mad I dont want to be limited.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ss=-3&source=8

here is log with spells used, we did not killed him on this sesion but he went down on tuesday however I dont have big problems top meter but mana is quite issue on some attempts, but that is more to our casual approach to raiding when we for example trigger mine almost every attempt or have some guys focused with mages staying in group

Currently ive got the spirit and haste on use trinket, what would benefit me most to use this with?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riptidejack View Post
    Currently ive got the spirit and haste on use trinket, what would benefit me most to use this with?
    Use the proc with Ascendancy I would say - that will create a lot of throughput from just healing rain alone. You could also use with HTT but you might just get more overheal depending on how much damage there actually is.

If you are not good at using the proc I would suggest macro it to ascendancy and make sure you use ascendancy frequently (I have found in WOD I have had to use CD's more frequent to maintain mana and hps up).

talents - NS conductivity EB hightide
    use riptide glyph, i used my cd's during intermissions and save SLT for stack phase, make sure you have 60+k mana for last phase as ppl will be spread and your healing rain would not be as good so you will have to cast chain heal on range targets , try and save healing tide for that phase too as in that phase your overall HPS will be much lower then other healers.

GL

Armory: Just made this account, so i cant post links: Riptidejack - Aszune is my character.
    Here you go. I assume that's you. You have an unechanted ring, low quality enchants and a low quality gem. That won't make or break your attempts, but every little bit helps. Your gear shouldn't be a problem, as it's pretty much the same as mine (I've had worse luck with heroic loot, but have a couple of mythic items to compensate).

So 40K HPS on Imperator is perfectly doable. If you're below that, you need to work on your uptimes and cooldown timing.

I feel my rotation/talents isnt optimal.
    Your current talents are the same as I've used on that fight, with one exception: Astral Shift. There's a lot of predictable damage. Use it on novas and when Arcane Wrath expires. Needing less healing means you can heal others more.

Other than that, Echo of the Elements, Rushing Streams, Elemental Blast and High Tides are all excellent choices. Glyph of Healing Wave plus whatever; doesn't really matter (but avoid the Riptide glyph). Conductivity is pointless on this fight as the raid is moving so often and it does almost nothing in the final phase (which is the most intense one). The haste from Ancestral Swiftness might be kind of useful, but the instant heal is useless on imperator, so I much prefer Echo for the cheap healing and High Tide synergy.

Or any tips/tricks for improvement ?
    Hard to say without logs, but the fight is mostly about sustained HPS and cooldown timing. You really need to be using things on cooldown, without panicking and starting to use expensive spells when it's not necessary. You'll just go OOM if you do. Make sure you use all your cooldowns early and often. You can use Ascendance, Spirit Link and Healing Tide Totem in the first minute of the fight and still have them up for the first transition, so there's no reason not to.

Try to ensure that your healing team's cooldowns don't overlap. You can't really afford to use Tranquility and Healing Tide at the same time.

Trying to keep Riptide up at as many as possible, HST on CD, HR after we move from mine, Chain heal when need.
    Pretty much, but make sure you also keep Earth Shield up at all times (including transitions; refresh it when he starts talking). And use Unleash Life (preferably with Chain Heal) when moving if there's someone who needs healing. That not only lets you spend an extra GCD healing, but the sprint also gets you out of mines faster (reduces the chance of mistakes) and lets you get into position and back to casting sooner. Also remember to use Spiritwalker's Grace if needed, especially if you have to run out with Arcane Wrath or fixate.

Try to always keep Healing Rain up. Your raid should be stacked up for almost the entire fight, so it should be easy enough. The distance that the raid has to move to get out of a mine is less than the diameter of Healing Rain, so if you place it so that the raid is standing on one side of the circle, they should move to the other side rather than out of it when the next mine spawns. You should be able to have everyone constantly in healing rain up until the last phase, which helps a lot with both healing requirements and mana.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

one of the biggest revelations for me on this fight is that you can use your HTT and ascension 3 times each in this fight which lets you stabilize the raid from force nova damage and helps with mana usage for all the healers. First time in p1/p2, second in p3, and third in p4. Combined with SLT in both intermissions, that's a total of 8 raid cooldowns you get to use for both efficiency and output. Also don't forget to use a mana potion (the channeled one is better once you become familiar with the timings of fight).

Wow! thanks for all the help! hoping to get the kill during next reset
    Got any suggestions for good addons to set up aswell?
    Any Macro's recommended ?

Deleted
    Don't often post here, but wanted to say some stuff about HC Imp.

I run Stone Bulwark mostly, Windwalk (standard choice, also dispels slows from Warmages), CotE for the reset, Ancestral Swiftness, Rushing Streams (conductivity is only really useful during transition), Elemental Blast because the fight drags out, and High Tide for the burst in later phases.

Glyphs are your choice, I personally run with 7 second SWG, Healing Wave and Eternal Earth (I spend the majority of the first 2 phases DPSing).

Mana is a non issue for me like this using 1 spirit trinket. HTT is used when the adds are killed, Ascendance is saved for when I need to pick the raid back up from heavy damage of some kind.

Only addons the are semi-relevant are VuhDo and Weak Auras. The rest are just to pretty up my UI / improve some functions that are lacking in default UI.

Im not good with addons but im looking for one to keep good track of my cd's
    Thinking something like forte? or this this where weak auras shine over all others?

10+ Year Old Account
    https://stoove.wordpress.com/restora...an-weak-auras/ Here are some resto shaman weakauras for you to look at
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Thanks for the help guys! downed him last night!
    FOund that the Chain heal glyph actually improved my healing! Will recommend this to the people!

Congratulations on the kill!

However I see a lot of people telling you not to or to use the Glyph of Riptide. The Riptide glyph is just a matter of preference, but if I'd generally summarize the usage of the glyph in your case I'd go like this:

1. Use Glyph of Riptide if you fell you can't maintain enough Riptides on the raid to get the maximum amount of healing from High Tide.
    2. Do not use Glyph of Riptide with Echo of the Elements.

Quote Originally Posted by wutpoae View Post
    Congratulations on the kill!

However I see a lot of people telling you not to or to use the Glyph of Riptide. The Riptide glyph is just a matter of preference, but if I'd generally summarize the usage of the glyph in your case I'd go like this:

1. Use Glyph of Riptide if you fell you can't maintain enough Riptides on the raid to get the maximum amount of healing from High Tide.
    2. Do not use Glyph of Riptide with Echo of the Elements.
    Ty^^
    I wasnt talking about the riptide glyhp tho
    glyph of Chaining I think its called, the ones that gives Chain heal a 3 sec CD, but the jump is 100% longer.