Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

What do you think about tipping / feminism / gun control / rape religion

Not sure any of these subjects have been touched on before - couldnt see any using the cearch function, so thought it would be interesting to have some views.

Personally I'm all for it (except the last one ofc!).

What about you?

The issues of our time.

Actually a little uplifting, if you think about it.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Not sure any of these subjects have been touched on before - couldnt see any using the cearch function, so thought it would be interesting to have some views.

Personally I'm all for it (except the last one ofc!).

What about you?
    You've got nearly 2,000 posts and "not sure" if any of these topics have been covered before?

Oh dear...

I was thinking about what the perfect MMO-C topic would be.

"Russian Feminist Cop Shoots Priest after Getting a Bad Tip In Israel"

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    All the main issues people on MMO-C OT have all in one thread, this will go well.

7+ Year Old Account
    I tend to think rape is bad. But in all seriousness this forum has moderation that tends to squash said hot button issues before they get out of hand (except the Gamergate thread but it sort of sorted itself out) for better or worse so that'd be why you don't see many threads on it.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Missing a transgender minority in that headline, mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

15+ Year Old Account
    there´s a rape religion? fucked up world
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Make it imam instead of priest and we've got the Islam hatewagon as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    there´s a rape religion? fucked up world
    I would be curious as to the tenets of the religion. As a devout Fonziest I'm only required to ride a motorcycle and "ayyyy" people, I'm rather curious about what this religion would have me do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    At this point your better off starting one of those click bait articles with:
    a Russian Priest, Imam and transgender inner city black boy walk into police station, what happens next you won't believe
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Deleted
    "Russian Feminist Cop Shoots 19 year old black pro life Iman after Getting a Bad Tip In Israel"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    a Russian Priest, Imam and transgender inner city black boy walk into police station, what happens next you won't believe
    I know this one they all sit down and learn the values of tolerance and empathy and that diversity is it's own reward? Right?

tipping - you mean fedora tipping? Not too big fan of that Kappa! In restaurants/bars/whatever, I just do it because it's customary to do it. If I'm extremely unhappy with quality of service or food or drinks, I'll just round it off, otherwise I'm giving 15% with some rounding going on.

gun control - considering even the authorities (interpol) are finally doing U-turn on this, I don't think this will be an issue much longer. The boneheads in charge are finally realizing that while having armed peasantry isn't good in case of riots, the criminals will obtain weapons even if it is illegal to have them (lol) and the average person might be willing to change establishment for one that might actually allow them to arm themselves, which (especially in the Islamic Europe) seems to be pretty important nowadays.

feminism, rape religion - these two go hand in hand and I have pretty much the same opinion on both. The militant versions of these things (see the football guy having his life ruined after some drunken "rape" BS) are hurting the legitimate issues on these topics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    At this point your better off starting one of those click bait articles with:
    Pro-Russian seperatists kill the people with guns bought from a gun store because they drew Mohammed, which leads to nation-wide demonstrations in the US against racism. Also, women be PISSED.

Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    I know this one they all sit down and learn the values of tolerance and empathy and that diversity is it's own reward? Right?
    That won't be very feminist of them, would it?
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

10+ Year Old Account
    Pro-Russian seperatists kill the people with guns bought from a gun store because they drew Mohammed, which leads to nation-wide demonstrations in the US against racism. Also, women be PISSED.
    I would click that.

Deleted
    Not sure any of these subjects have been touched on before
    You're kidding right? Nearly 2k posts and you've never seen a thread on any of these subjects?
    It seems to be the pet project of some of the less gifted forum dwellers around these parts.

That is of course, unless the whole point of this thread was to list every incendiary topic that gets brought up on the forums and hopefully troll the shit out of some folk.

What do you think about flame-baiting?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    What do you think about flame-baiting?
    I personally prefer mine a little bit more subtle. Maybe with a slight hint of troll, but only enough that I ask myself is this for real, or is it trolling.

Damn all those rape religions.

Not sure any of these subjects have been touched on before
    Okay, I laughed. Not bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.