Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Our breeding patterns dictate that we are bred for war.

Most women are attracted to strong badass men. It arouses them to feel safe and protected by their man. But this type of man is a warrior. We are allowed to freely breed in modern society, but our DNA pushes us to breed warriors. So as a consequence, being allowed to freely breed results in a society of thug warrior badasses.

Of COURSE there will be war when we breed for war.

Our DNA is programmed to selective breed to suit a primitive hunter-gatherer culture where life is brutal and short. Our DNA is fine-tuned to survive in THAT environment.

We know longer live in that environment. We live in a highly-technical culture at relative peace. But our DNA has not changed.

This is why modern civilization can be both wondrous, amazing and filled with opportunity....AND filled with people who lack the skills to take advantage of it and instead prefer to live in poverty with some group of badasses.
    where do you find this stuff? that´s some pretty impressive offensive nonsense
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I could fund the construction of a library for a town. The kids will only use it as a secret place and hide behind the building on saturday night drinking booze. That's about all it will be used for.

I could create an internet to facilitate the exchange of ideas and information. Most people will just congregate in off-topic forums where they talk about beer, women, and have internet flame wars fighting each other.

At some point, you start to wonder why you are even building things to cater to people's intelligence. Maybe we should build an arena in every town and just let people kill each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    where do you find this stuff? that´s some pretty impressive offensive nonsense
    Oh STOP it with the "im offended by the internet." and "if i disagree with it, i must call it nonense."

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh STOP it with the "im offended by the internet." and "if i disagree with it, i must call it nonense."
    i´m not offended, well maybe by how you think our DNA works, but regardless, it´s impressive, do come up with this on your own or do you need some serious youtube research every now and then?
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Considering how stupid most of them are, yes. I'd wipe humanity if I could.

Black => Walls
    Red => Subway Exit
    Green => Subway Entrance
    Purple => People going for the exit
    Blue => The way some retarded bitch decided to take

Really now, how fucking stupid do you have to be to fucking have a clear way from the entrance to the ticket entry gates and just go in the middle of everyone trying to leave, get to the wall on the right and then go through everyone AGAIN to get to the fucking gates.
    Shooting her there and then would probably save humanity as a whole a few years.

It's easy as fuck. Cars drive with the right side close to the road in our country. That means that the subway, tram, bus, sidewalk, mall entrance, schools, markets, etc. are designed with that in mind.
    When you walk on the sidewalk, for the most part you want to follow the rule as well. This prevent people bumping into each other whenever there's a corner. That also means that you will enter/exit a building/subway/etc in such a way that you will not bump into the people trying to exit/enter.
    It's rather efficient and would prevent a lot of unwanted shit.

The same with people not staying to the god damn fucking side of a door. How hard is it? You let people get out, you don't block their way and then you get in. You miss it? Well shit, your fault. You should take into account missing public transit at least once and leave early.
    But nope, people just stay like fucking donkeys in the middle of doors and make it hard/slower for people to get out and in turn it makes it harder for them to get in... and ultimately they miss the buss because they were so stupid that they believed staying in the middle would make them get on faster.

Simple bullet to the head the first few hundred times and there, you have people that behave.
    Finally!!! A kindred spirit. I thought I was alone in the world. This calls for a tear and celebration. My hope in humanity has been restored!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    MMO champion has the weirdest fucking threads of any board ever.

Deleted
    Of course we do, and properly not a single person writing their edgy stuff here, will ever be within a thousand kilometers of warzone. Hell, most of you will likely never even be in a fist fight.

Keyboard politicians and warriors, who ever said people should have the opportunity to express their opinion, was freaking wrong

Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    I don't know, it sounds quite colorful and poetic. Gives people that very straight-forwards purpose in life, you know?

Breeding and fighting. There are worse things in life.
    Really its just a matter of time before a thug or gang gets hold of nuclear weapons and blows half the world up, just because they don't give a crap and want to be badasses. That is summation of humanity.

Nowadays we act like it cannot happen....just because we haven't dropped the bomb since the end of WWII. So we do things like slap economic sanctions on Russia and try to isolate the country and make Russia suffer....forgetting that country has a ton of nuclear weapons. We apply pressure to a nuclear-armed country and paint ourselves as an unforgiving enemy...what is their breaking point? They could just say f it...we'll show them....drop nukes on half of Europe and the US...don't care if they nuke us back because TURF WAR WE ARE BADASSESS YAH.

And no-one thought that was a possibility because people overestimated the human race by a large margin.

15+ Year Old Account
    Really its just a matter of time before a thug or gang gets hold of nuclear weapons and blows half the world up, just because they don't give a crap and want to be badasses. That is summation of humanity.

Nowadays we act like it cannot happen....just because we haven't dropped the bomb since the end of WWII. So we do things like slap economic sanctions on Russia and try to isolate the country and make Russia suffer....forgetting that country has a ton of nuclear weapons. We apply pressure to a nuclear-armed country and paint ourselves as an unforgiving enemy...what is their breaking point? They could just say f it...we'll show them....drop nukes on half of Europe and the US...don't care if they nuke us back because TURF WAR WE ARE BADASSESS YAH.

And no-one thought that was a possibility because people overestimated the human race by a large margin.
    do pakistan next

Quote Originally Posted by shogunit3 View Post
    Why does this remind me of that crazy little major from hellsing?

You rang?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    We aren't at peace that's the illusion.
    Do you see whats behind the veil? Nope none of us do.
    You can't say it's an illusion if you don't know it's not real.

That's just hispterkid bullshit.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    People here saying that it's human nature to kill are wrong. We might have evolved from mindless animals but as a society we have evolved in something more than survival of the fittest. People who say they have urges to kill people or who would do it if they could get away with it should get counseling because you are sick in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I see your Hellsing OVA and raise you Hellsing Abridged:
    I was considering posting both.

Tons of people in this country like to preach about bring the troops home etc and as soon as they are, they crave another war.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

We aren't at peace that's the illusion.
    Do you see whats behind the veil? Nope none of us do.
    If none of us do, then why do you automatically assume it's war? It could just be your parents having sex or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anti war protesters like to think "peace" is a thing which humanity can magically conjure up but its a deeper psychological and needed human trait.
    If there isn't war we do other things to let out problems with humanity and for one war keeps the global population down which is currently blooming TOO MUCH and as a result we're overpopulating the planet.

Here is some statistics.
    Fractally wrong, unsourced, out of context nonsense - the world has been growing steadily more peaceful for thousands of years, and the decline in deaths by violence in the 20th Century was particularly steep.

"Violence Vanquished - We believe our world is riddled with terror and war, but we may be living in the most peaceable era in human existence. Why brutality is declining and empathy is on the rise."

"The Decline of Violence"
    Last edited by ringpriest; 2015-01-20 at 03:28 PM.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Deleted
    Estimates for the total number killed in wars throughout all of human history range from 150 million to 1 billion
    And this is bullshit and I'm going to tell you why.

World War 2 - around 60 million deaths, right? That's 2.5% of world population at that time.
    But. Mongols wiped out around 40 million people, making it more than 10% at that time.

So it doesn't matter if you say that 150 million to 1 billion died. It's much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Fractally wrong, unsourced, out of context nonsense - the world has been growing steadily more peaceful for thousands of years, and the decline in deaths by violence in the 20th Century was particularly steep.

"Violence Vanquished - We believe our world is riddled with terror and war, but we may be living in the most peaceable era in human existence. Why brutality is declining and empathy is on the rise."

"The Decline of Violence"
    It's not the most peaceful era, the middle east is a hive of conflicts there is also the less visible wars which you can't see between a certain religion and the others.
    Class wars, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not the most peaceful era, the middle east is a hive of conflicts there is also the less visible wars which you can't see between a certain religion and the others.
    Class wars, etc.
    It really is. Your perception may be otherwise, because 1) mass media runs on lies and deceit, and 2) the human brain doesn't instinctively process probabilities accurately on large scales, but the world is, in fact, more peaceful than its ever been. (Maybe not on very fine scales, but the overall trend line is extremely obvious.)

Here's recent history:

The larger-scale trend is also quite obvious, though I don't have a similar graph for the last 10,000 years handy atm. Read the WSJ article I linked.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    It really is. Your perception may be otherwise, because 1) mass media runs on lies and deceit, and 2) the human brain doesn't instinctively process probabilities accurately on large scales, but the world is, in fact, more peaceful than its ever been. (Maybe not on very fine scales, but the overall trend line is extremely obvious.)
    But the feels! The feels (and sensationalism) say you're wrong!

10+ Year Old Account
    Humanity do not need war but it is in the nature of humanity to use violence to take what isn't theirs. Important distinction to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Class wars, etc.
    Wait, you can't count class wars and invisible wars as the same thing as actual wars when determining the level of violence. Do you also count the War on Christmas?

Media tends to broadcast whatever violence occurs, so it seems like war is constant, but it is on the other side of the world from you, and very small in percentage of the planet. Now granted there are actually dozens of small wars going on at any given time, but since those small wars are local, and don't span the planet, most of the planet is still at peace.

It is like saying you are sexually promiscuous because lots of people in your city are having sex. If you aren't then it doesn't count, no matter what the statistics say.