Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    A bad new driver or a badly coded game could be putting your gpu stress to 100% , monitor it's usage rather than temperature.
    Or it could be just some software running in the background.

Also , if it's cooling slower and heating faster , check your fan speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayati View Post
    Sure there are videos etc, But Im a clumsy person with a history of breaking just about anything I touch when I try to build something. Thus the fear to build my own computer sets in lol, I don't wanna pay 500$ for something like a graphics card, have it get here, screw up and break something then may or may not get covered by warranty (Granted I guess I could always say it arrived like it)
    There are still stores where you can pick the parts and they build it for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Floross View Post
    A bad new driver or a badly coded game could be putting your gpu stress to 100% , monitor it's usage rather than temperature.
    Or it could be just some software running in the background.

Also , if it's cooling slower and heating faster , check your fan speed.
    I dunno how to check fan speeds and the such, but heres what I find funny. Running just WoW and this web page right now, and the CPU is beginning to go way up in temps as I type this, till I opened Google chrome it was sitting at 47, it just hit 60 and stabilized there till I alt tabbed WoW and it started going back down (Foreground fps on WoW turned on and set to 30fps is causing that to happen)

But my CPU hasn't left idle temperatures once today or last night... before I started having these issues my CPu would see 40-50 celius well playing WoW running videos etc all at the same time, as well as my graphics card in the exact same temperatures. Now my CPU hasn't gone above 36 in temperature, and is idling like its got nothing happening on it (which Im not complaining, it running cooler and all is nice. I did just clean its fans out two days ago)

But my graphics card took the other route, and started running hotter then it normally did before last night which is what I'm saying. This may be normal behavior for others peoples graphics cards, but it never has been for mine it always ran fairly cool in terms of that stuff, and no matter game settings etc never went above 70.

Thats my concern, that's why I believe there is a possible issue with my fans, and what sparked this in the first place.

Also I've never mentioned anything bad about Asus customer service other then the excessively long time it took to replace my monitor, but even then they were very good in terms of personality how they spoke etc, and were all very polite.

I also didn't know the whining noise I had was a common issue at the time and didn't really mean anything, till after I had sent the computer in and had the graphics card replaced, I had done some research afterwards and face palmed.

But honestly, that gave me an excuse to send it in and have it fully looked through before the warranty was over, having anything that coulda been faulty possibly be replaced. (which actually they replaced my CPU fan as well, apparently it was scrapping a lot but i never heard it).

Also abou the driver, nvidia hasn't notified me about any new drivers in like... 2 or so months, at least not since Far Cry 4 came out.

- - - Updated - - -

Imma just put this out there, as of right now

CPU
    Intel Core i7 4770K @ 3.50GHz 34 °C
    Haswell 22nm Technology
    RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz
    Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G30AB (SOCKET 1150) 28 °C
    Graphics
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (NVIDIA) 51 °C

Those are temperatures well having a few pictures open just now looking for a new background for my desktop... I highly doubt that that, is normal behavior.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    There are still stores where you can pick the parts and they build it for you
    Not where I live mate. Not a single one other then the one with all the bad rep , and which I my self had bad experiences with lol.
    Last edited by Burnick; 2015-01-21 at 02:46 AM.

See everyone tells me this, And I'll be straight honest when I say i agree. But I have a fear of building it myself and ending up breaking the parts. As I said, When it comes too my luck with technology I have the 100% worse luck ever. And I'm not exaggerating here either, the worse luck I've ever seen. I touch it breaks lol.

Im just about ready to give up and cry T__T

Plus, I have 0 knowledge on how too build a PC, and I don't want something to go completely wrong when building it.
    Im a generally fearful person I have no confidence in myself when it comes towards technology, just due to the pure amounts off issues I've had with technology in my life lol.
    I did it for the first time a year or so ago. And it isn't a case of "Lawl, it's so simple". At first it does not look simple. But as you start watching youtube videos on pc building, looking over your parts, it is really easy. You don't have to be handy at all. Most of the parts are big and are built to fit really easy with one another. Parts aren't so delicate that you accidentally bumping something is going to break it. Most of the stuff you really have to put alot of force on to break. The most delicate part is putting the cpu into the motherboard, but line the dots up, and it's done.

You should really consider it in the future. Not only is it fun, but it's cheaper, and gratifying. You don't need confidence in technology to build a computer. You need confidence in being able to do simple tasks.

So, After having all my friends recommend me to asus when I refused to build my own PC due to lack of knowledge and the fact I have horrible luck in terms of holding and putting together expensive things, And more then likely they'll probably break.

But asus... Never again, at least not for me. The first while was amazing, I loved it... Then I had issues with my monitor, one half was green the other half was fine till it eventually turned pink on one side green the other.
    That took 6 months, to finally get them to replace it. Before that I had tons of issues with "communication" within, that didn't help at all.

Then the power supply just suddenly gave out, PC wouldn't turn on flat out. They replaced that pretty quickly, free of shipping charges etc. Done set good.

Then... My graphics card started letting out loud whining noises whenever I would get more then 60 FPS in a game. I had to pay the $80 shipping for this one... The guy wouldn't give me the shipping label I received with my power supply issue, and my monitor issue.

And now, This week man was my computer running so good it was too good to be true (In terms of temperatures that is) even playing WoW I was getting 36-45 Celsius for CPU, and 36-46 Celsius with my graphics card.

Now H1Z1 ran it a bit hotter of course, running CPU at 45-50 Celsius, and graphics card 60-67 Celsius.

And suddenly today after being a sleep all day + out shopping (PC was off from the moment I went to sleep till 11Pm my time I went too sleep at like 3AM) I don't whats going on. My CPU hasn't gone above 45 no matter what I run or do, And is idling 28-34 Celsius.
    But once again, you sneaky old graphics card. For some reason is bouncing between 36-45 as I right this, watch videos, or even go to facebook.
    Launch WoW and hitting as high as 60 Celsius, with Vsync on (This is what I use to see with Vsync off + everything turned to ultra except shadows, Now I play mostly everything good except practicles which is at ultra), Turn on H1Z1 and I hit 80-85 Celsius.

It also takes ages all of a sudden for everything too cool off compared to before today. Like literally, after running H1Z1 eariler(Almost an hour ago) it is just now my Graphics card as idled down to 37, no lower no higher.

At this point, I feel as though this computer was a 2000$ investment gone down the drain for my parents, as I received it as a christmas gift at the end of 2013. And boy was I excited, No I just feel bad for having them but it with all these issues, and now Imma probably be spending more money maintaining it then they did to purchase it.

I'm lucky they do this whole " oh you get 3 months extra warranty after it being repaired" shit, cause thats just about as often as the computer breaks.

Well, heres to being a guild master who has to leave his guild to find another tank to raid for two weeks cause asus is incompetent at building decent PCS....

PS: I 100% positive most of these issues come from a bar inside the computer that cause straight across the graphics card that would more then likely cause air fly issues. Requesting them to remove that this time.

Incase you are curious

GPU: Nvida GTX 770 2GB
    CPU: I7-4770k 3.9GHZ
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G30AB (SOCKET 1150)

No idea what brands on the power supply or ram tho, So can't say there. (All This information comes from Speccy)
    You admit to having the PC for 2 years, of course omitting all the use and wear and tear you put on the machine during that time. How is anything that happened to your PC ASUS's fault? Faulty parts are usually DoA or die after reaching operating temps/voltages. They don't last for X months of daily use and just die randomly out of the blue.

I've had the same ASUS motherboard in my machine for the last 6 years (P5g41t-m rev 1.0). I've even been running a stable overclock on it during most of that time (E8600 to Q9650). It's not the most amazing motherboard on the planet and can't really handle overclocked voltages well, but it works for everything I use it for and I still have another few years of life left on it.

On top of that, I'm on my 5th ASUS video card in the last 6 years (upgrading for power, not faulty hardware), and I can pull my ASUS 9500 out of the box and plug it into my machine right now and it will work just fine.

I built a new PC for my son for Christmas, ordered a Gigabyte mobo for a budget minded build. Motherboard had issues from day one. Bought an ASUS board and haven't had another issue since. ASUS board ended up being a lower priced one to boot.

I'll stand by ASUS until they start worshipping Satan and sacrificing virgins.

Hell, I'll probably stick with ASUS even then.

@OP
    Whatever have happened to your PC is due to normal wear, not because its something wrong with Asus.
    Make sure your PC is optimized for gaming. Go to BIOS and set it to gaming/performance mode, Asus boards should have this option.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    They don't last for X months of daily use and just die randomly out of the blue.
    Yes, they do actually. You just don't have enough real experience with enough hardware to realize this.
    I work in a data center, perfectly good shit can just up and die without warning, or die a long slowly degrading death. It happens all the time.

Not that this is what OP's issue is.

Sounds more like to me his GPU fans could be failing, or the thermal compound isn't doing so great after these 2 years.
    Maybe he didn't blow the case out well enough.
    Maybe he changed a setting somewhere, making the GPU fan run at a slower speed or some of the case fans, either in the GPU software or the BIOS.
    Maybe the bios was setup a certain way and got reset recently.

OP dosnt know how to build a computer, and obviously not how to check for the numerous things that can be causing his potential issues.

What's the ambient temp like in the room the PC is in? Are you running a heater all of a sudden now? Moved your case to a different location/blocking any vents?

You need to watch the temps along with the GPU/CPU usage graphs to really see more of what's going on.

Deleted
    SOme people have seem to mistaken a few things, A listened issues I had in the past, but some seem to thing its a current issue.

The current issue is the sudden jump of my graphics cards performance in about how cool it was running its self, Its never once in the history I've owned this PC gone pass 70, and its always cooled off extremely quickly.
    Now its going into the 80s in some games and then taking ages to drop back down to idle temperatures.

I'm not having any issues at all with my CPU, In fact its running cooler then ever actually.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure there are videos etc, But Im a clumsy person with a history of breaking just about anything I touch when I try to build something. Thus the fear to build my own computer sets in lol, I don't wanna pay 500$ for something like a graphics card, have it get here, screw up and break something then may or may not get covered by warranty (Granted I guess I could always say it arrived like it)

- - - Updated - - -

This would have been a viable option a year and a half ago... The only place that would actually do this in my town sold out, they weren't getting enough business. Which sucks, Cause even in terms of just getting your PC wiped and stuff the other current place sucks and has a lot of bad rep.
    Honestly, I have Essential Tremors, and I can build a PC in about 90 minutes from start to finish. You should have zero problems, provided that you pay attention to pre-assembly and static prevention.

Next time you want to buy a PC, ask for help on a forum for what part to choose (like this one or OC.net) order all the part from NCIX, pay the extra 50$ and they will put it together for you and ship it assembled (I say NCIX but there might be other etailer that offer that service)

But what you could do as of right now to improve your temps (and make sure your PSU not die again lol) , is to get a quality 500-600W PSU (duh) , a case optimized for air flow (and some extra fans), a decent 30$ heatsink for the CPU, follow some guide on youtube and re-assemble all your old and new parts in your new case If you decide to do the move , ask for advice in here for what part to pick, im sure lot of people will help you.
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2015-01-21 at 07:59 AM.

Deleted
    built my first pc a few month back (in sig) - took about 2.5 hours with my work' laptop watching vids, but was relatively straightforward. Even worked first time when i pressed the power button!
    Would build again.

10+ Year Old Account
    FYI, if someone is not comfortable building their own, don't push them, some people literally do not have 3d spacial recognition and/or heuristic intuition

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not Asus, but whatever store built it before you bought it.
    As was said, pre-built are made for profit, and you're not the one profitting.
    And when you start needing to fix something... you better trust the ones fixing, because like most "mechanics" they fix it good enough to work, and bad enough for you to return there soon
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Don't buy pre-built PCs... They use the cheapest parts possible for everything.
    That may be true for ones you buy at Best Buy or Staples. But you can certainly get a prebuilt quality PC from a vendor like Falcon Northwest. http://www.falcon-nw.com/
    Last edited by Orlong; 2015-01-21 at 02:37 PM.

Pre-builts are a joke dude....go ahead get ripped off on overpriced builds rofl....Learn to build your own.
    some of these people/companies wanting that much of a premium/overpriced is ridiculous....its some jew/bitch shit man...pisses me off...many seriously look for that opportunity to take advantage of....

It's like some of the wannabe Local "techies" around here I would like to slap the fuck out of because ridiculous prices they are charging for builds/service/repairs.....and sadly people pay it many times too....
    Last edited by JR88; 2015-01-21 at 02:58 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Damn, sucks to hear. My motherboard is an Asus Z97-A and hands down the best component in my rig.
    I heard Asus make fucking good laptops though.

Anyway, send it back. Or build a PC from fresh, since you said you don't have the exp to do so, get someone who does, a friend, a workmate, class mate, whatever...exchange services maybe you can help him with something and vice versa, shit man idk there are options though! It's really not hard, just follow the steps. kinda like lego.

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    Damn, sucks to hear. My motherboard is an Asus Z97-A and hands down the best component in my rig.
    I heard Asus make fucking good laptops though.

Anyway, send it back. Or build a PC from fresh, since you said you don't have the exp to do so, get someone who does, a friend, a workmate, class mate, whatever...exchange services maybe you can help him with something and vice versa, shit man idk there are options though! It's really not hard, just follow the steps. kinda like lego.
    ASUS RMA/customer Support is bad though...and everytime I have ever been on the damn phone with them...They had no clue wtf I was even talking about/like talking to a damn wall...and don't expect to get your mobo back in working shape/decent amount of time....

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    That may be true for ones you buy at Best Buy or Staples. But you can certainly get a prebuilt quality PC from a vendor like Falcon Northwest. http://www.falcon-nw.com/
    While the quality isn't near as bad as your average prebuilt and they do specify exactly what parts they use, those prices look atrocious. I'm seeing a PC for 1.7k with an i5-4590 and 750ti....wut....
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    While the quality isn't near as bad as your average prebuilt and they do specify exactly what parts they use, those prices look atrocious. I'm seeing a PC for 1.7k with an i5-4590 and 750ti....wut....
    Yeah see....Wtf was I just talking about rofl...retarded prices for all that....

1. You got ripped off on the price.

2. Those temps arent anything to freak out about.

3. Wear and tear it sounds like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JR88 View Post
    Yeah see....Wtf was I just talking about rofl...retarded prices for all that....
    it's the solid gold tower that's pushing the price up