Deleted

Resto druid overhealing

Hi!
    How much overhealing is okay for a resto druid? Depending on fight I can be anywhere between 25-50% which seems a bit high.

Some details:
    Int> spirit> haste> mastery statprios
    30-32k hps
    germination and tree talents
    raiding with ~14 ppl, a disc priest, resto sham and 1 random healer
    Harmony ~98% uptime if not more
    Keeping up lifebloom and rejuv on both tanks and switching lifebloom depending on who tanks

No loga, unfortunately, but its usually rejuv> wildgrowth> germ> tranq thats highest, also depending on fight.
    Please give me some tips, and dont judge my english, it's me second lanhuage and on my phone.

Sjötunga - Outland EU
    Last edited by mmocd5b09a6b3c; 2015-01-20 at 12:45 PM. Reason: more details

Rather than total overhealing you should look at which spells are actually doing that overhealing. If it's Lifebloom and to some degree Rejuv, you are fine. If most of the overhealing comes from WildGrowth and Tranquility, then you are timing both wrong and/or casting them in wrong moments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    Rather than total overhealing you should look at which spells are actually doing that overhealing. If it's Lifebloom and to some degree Rejuv, you are fine. If most of the overhealing comes from WildGrowth and Tranquility, then you are timing both wrong and/or casting them in wrong moments.
    Its mostly rejuv, i think it is because of disc shields and having it up on the tanks all the time

Are you having mana issues? Nothing is wrong with over healing unless you are having mana issues or unless you are wasting cooldowns when there are better times to use them. I would argue it's unavoidable with our class design.
    Last edited by Nesaru; 2015-01-20 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Mintglass View Post
    Its mostly rejuv, i think it is because of disc shields and having it up on the tanks all the time
    As Nesaru says above, overhealing should generally not be a concern unless you are running out of mana or if your raid is dying due to mistimed cooldowns. But I would also add that if you're overhealing far too much and none of the former are a concern, it might also be that you are bringing in too many healers for the fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesaru View Post
    Are you having mana issues? Nothing is wrong with over healing unless you are having mana issues or unless you are wasting cooldowns when there are better times to use them. I woukd argue it's unavoidable with our class design.
    No, only hard to keep the mana up at Imp because of sustained aoe dmg, but thats the only fight.
    i though so to, as you cant get 100% value from hots and tranq at all times

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesaru View Post
    Are you having mana issues? Nothing is wrong with over healing unless you are having mana issues or unless you are wasting cooldowns when there are better times to use them. I woukd argue it's unavoidable with our class design.
    result of other healers topping our hot Targets :s

Deleted
    Mintglass try going DoC on Imperator. It gives you a free ~20-25k heal and makes your healing far more mana efficient like that. It's a great talent for fights that take forever and require almost constant healing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintglass View Post
    raiding with ~14 ppl, a disc priest, resto sham and 1 random healer
    4 healing 14man ? You'd drop 20%+ Overheal, start using mana and prob gain 10k HPS by benching a healer or bringing another 6 dps

Warcraftlogs seems to be down so I cant even search for logs