Deleted

Mythic Twins Disc

Hey guys,

My guild and i are currently on Twins mythic.

I would like to ask you for some help and tips.

If you have priest specific tips, i would really appreciate it.

Armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ughtnun/simple

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wxAnk6812cbXqzfG

Thnx
    Last edited by mmoc1fea3d2d2a; 2015-01-20 at 02:43 PM.

Deleted
    I wonder when people will come here with proper data when asking for help?

Link logs of your attempts/Armory so we can see what you're doing in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grxl View Post
    I wonder when people will come here with proper data when asking for help?

Link logs of your attempts/Armory so we can see what you're doing in the first place.
    Udpated thnx in advance

Welp, with 2 discs you guys can completely preshield the quakes making them much easier to deal with. Looking at both of your healing tells me that it probably isn't happening. Make sure that each of you is assigned 2 groups to heal so you don't play weakened soul tag. Don't use spirit shell, it's horrible for you and your mana, Power Infusion is infinitely better.(both of you are using it.... gross) I also see 0 cascade casts, its your most efficient heal when the whole raid is taking damage(read quake). I see 0 Enhanced Archangel buffs, which means you aren't playing correctly, that's a 25% healing buff you should have up for a large portion of the fight.. I see 6 Power Word:Solace casts over the course of 6 minutes, you should have had closer to 35 casts. I would recommend reading a disc priest guide just because of the amount of things you are doing wrong.
    Pew Pew Pow Pow Bam Pop Smack

more solace. more pw shield.

i wouldnt take spirit shell (cost alot of mana and need time to get full cast off). better to go with power infusion. if you combo power infusion with your trinket both share the same cd it will bring u to just under gcd cap. that will allow you to get more shields out to people.

there are alot of small burst on this fight which works well with disc.

you want to get as many shields out as possible before quake, disrupting shout ,pulverize 1 , pulverize 3 and enfeebling shout(can't remember if enfeebling does damage right now).

for barrier there are only a couple good spots to cast it because range is normaly lightly spread most of the fight.

good place early in the fight would be when enfeebling and pulverize 1 come out at the same time
    your second barrier should be used for when enfeebling and pulverize 3 are coming out at the same time.

see as you have 2 disc if you could get ppl to stack at a location for pulverize 3 would be another good place for barrier.

oh and more solace and more pw: shields.

Deleted
    Stop using 2 discs.

Take PI instead of Spirit Shell.

Press power word shield. Use prayer of healing during quakes or pulverizes, but only when you have empowered archangel.

Deleted
    Yeah, what Zlebar said already.

I would suggest you stop using Spirit Shell, Power Infusion is better. Just pop it and spam shields to your raid faster. Your Solace usage is horrible. During all of the 17 wipes you had at Twin Ogron, you cast Solace 38 times, that is approximately how many times you should be casting it during a single encounter. You should basically cast it on CD when possible, not just for the mana return but also for the Archangel stacks.

Which brings me to the biggest flaw in your healing I can see: Not a single Archangel cast.
    I'm not just seeing things here am I? You didn't cast Archangel once, during 21 encounters? It is your biggest and most reliable healing increase, which is also on a low cooldown, yet you're not using it?

So in short, change from Spirit Shell to Power Infusion, cast Solace on cooldown, start using Archangel and remember that fire is hot.

Deleted
    One of you should go holy. It's actually a good spec on this fight. Don't bitch and whine about secondary stats, just do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    We had 2 disc priests as well on our mythic twins prog. I had to go on my 651 disc alt for it because we were short healers. I was usually pulling 37k - 43k hps (the other was 670 only pulling 30k hps). The only trick to it was timing PI so you could blanket the raid right before pulverise or shouts would go out. The other disc worried too much about PoH and so in turn fell behind quickly. I Used barrier for enfeebling, i believe there is a sweet spot in timing to get 1 and 3, but otherwise you just got 1 and 4 with it. ALWAYS PWS someone with a fire debuff, I also took weakened soul glyph and made the other guy take it so we could spam more PWS. Only time i ever used PoH was when I was at 5 stacks of wings from solace, or i would pop them early if i needed it for a quick aoe absorb.

I wish I had my logs to share but recently theyve been recorded privately :/

- - - Updated - - -

Also show melee some love during quake

- - - Updated - - -

Wait.. I don't think you would even make the beserk timer anyway if you got that far would you? 16 - 26k dps avg seems very low :/

Invest in a mouse that has extra buttons and key bind your most used abilities if you haven't already. From the looks of it, I'd say you don't have a "weak auras" or "tell me when" add-on to alert you when something comes off cool down. I would start there. I use "weak auras". Its a bit intimidating at first but watch some youtube videos to learn how to use it and download other users "weak aura strings" to get you started. Or better yet, ask someone in your guild to help you.

As far as game play, like most have pointed out already, there's some work to do.

-use solace, penance and archangel at or near cool down. Archangel should be up over 50% of the time and don't forget to use a flash heal or prayer of healing after you pop archangel to get your free crit! Track your evangelism stacks so you know when you get to 5 to maximize Archangel.
    -Ideally, you want to shield someone and use the borrowed time (track this with a weak aura) haste buff to use other abilities like penance, cascade ect.
    -Don't forget to use pain suppression and barrier. Some people try to save it as a "oh shit" button but I try to use it as often as I can rather than waiting for a moment that might not come and hence, wasting it. There's more than enough tough spots in any fight to use these things multiple times; like right before you know your attention will be more on the raid then the tank or when you need to channel a mana potion. Fights like Twins, where its tough to find a viable spot to fit the raid into barrier, use it instead on the tank who will have more spots where they are stationary for a bit.

Use Power infusion early and often to stabalize your mana. Some peeps use it as a burst healing tool and that's fine but for you, I'd recommend using it to manage your mana better.

There's more to it but I don't want to overwhelm you. Good luck =D

buying a mouse with buttons is kind of overkill. I bought one and I could never get used to the buttons.

really the keyboard already has enough buttons to cover everything you need for most fights.

tracking borrowed time is a waste disc will almost always be casting shield. just remember to cast it before anytime you would use prayer of healing(like empowered arch angels).

Does the Empowered AA only benefit PoH or does it increase shield absorbs as well?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Negato View Post
    Does the Empowered AA only benefit PoH or does it increase shield absorbs as well?

'Empowered Archangel' does only effet PoH (and flash heal), its a new benefit after you activate the normal 'Archangel' spell, which increases absorbs aswell.

Gotcha. Sorry yeah I knew Empowered AA gives the guaranteed crit buff, for my question I meant, does regular Archangel, used at 5 stacks, increase only healing by 25% (PoH, Flash, Penance) or does it also increase Shield Absorbs by 25% as well? Thanks for the help!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xen6077 View Post
    'Empowered Archangel' does only effet PoH (and flash heal), its a new benefit after you activate the normal 'Archangel' spell, which increases absorbs aswell.
    Empowered AA just gives a guaranteed crit for the first flash heal or PoH you cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Negato View Post
    Gotcha. Sorry yeah I knew Empowered AA gives the guaranteed crit buff, for my question I meant, does regular Archangel, used at 5 stacks, increase only healing by 25% (PoH, Flash, Penance) or does it also increase Shield Absorbs by 25% as well? Thanks for the help!
    Yes, it also increases shields (except DA, which is increased indirectly I think?).

We had our first full night on mythic twins last night and after about try 12, we more or less had the mechanics down. We hit enrage for the first time on maybe pull 14 and dropped the fifth healer. Spent the rest of the night healing my butt off with the 3 other healers, but our best enrage % was maybe 8%. Think we will get it when we have a 100% perfect execution, as we have a few less than amazing dps. It's frustrating but a pretty intense fight and enjoyable.