Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

BE models in 6.1?

I know Blizz said they would be releasing the blood elf models in a future patch, but I dont recall if they said it would be 6.1 or not.

Anyone know?

Deleted
    Blizz said BE model will be in 6.1. They will just appear in next builds.

sad it's taking them this long, game is 10 years old and they still produce "content" at a snails pace.

id rather have new content than new models

so now I can look more pretty while bored in my garrison. yay

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    id rather have new content than new models

so now I can look more pretty while bored in my garrison. yay
    Even though 6.1 will have new quest chains and BRF is probably coming out around the same time and it's not like the people making the blood elf models are also responsible for pumping out quest content, raids, or PvP stuff. yay

They sure are taking their time to release a new preview of the models.

I wonder if Blizz actually took the time and changed the "long face" the female had,since so many people said it does not look good and this is what is causing the delay on PTR. I personally think it looked pretty fine but oh well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    They sure are taking their time to release a new preview of the models.

I wonder if Blizz actually took the time and changed the "long face" the female had,since so many people said it does not look good and this is what is causing the delay on PTR. I personally think it looked pretty fine but oh well.
    Perhaps. More likely they still haven't hammered out the animations to go with them. They seem to be having a lot of problems getting them "just right" with a lot of models and I am sure they don't want to hear the outcry if they mess up the ever popular belves.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Perhaps. More likely they still haven't hammered out the animations to go with them. They seem to be having a lot of problems getting them "just right" with a lot of models and I am sure they don't want to hear the outcry if they mess up the ever popular belves.
    I am actually surprised Blizz admited some of the models needed change and are applying the changes in 6.1 based on feedback,it's not often they do this.

6.1 seems to be THE patch that will make the models what they should be from the start. But that's begs the question, will the Blood Elves get the same treatment ?

I don't know if there will be enough time for Blizz to check all the feedback and also apply the changes.I could be very wrong but for some reason i don't see them changing the Blood Elves again,if they go live once 6.1 hits.

Deleted
    BE Models with the upcoming patch or RIOT!!

Anyone have the ability to CGI / Photoshop the skin layout's over a skeleton / wireframe yet?
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood elves will probably be fixed in 6.2

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex Snob View Post
    sad it's taking them this long, game is 10 years old and they still produce "content" at a snails pace.
    The rate it takes them to generate content, times that by 10 before they confirm class bugs, add another 5 before they're fixed. A large chunk actually affect the classes them selves.

Though, what is scary, is that even with all of the bugs and slow-content releasing with a new dev team, it's still more stable than Cataclysm.

But as the expansions go on, other new games on day-1 release seem to be more stable than WoW is in it's current status.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

10+ Year Old Account
    Updating a game, any game, does not suddenly 'get easier'. Especially when replacing old technology, THAT SHIT is the most time consuming, delicate process you'll ever do. Ever. So get off your high horse and get into game development, when the whip comes down on you, you can preach about how bloody easy it is.

I only create minor 2D assets for smaller titles and even that's a painstaking process of, maths, art, trial and error and predicting unpredictable factors of clashing code. Clipping issues, bugs that can crash the client, formatting, you've really got no clue.

Even Blizzard who aren't working out of bedroom studios and all their technology have to work through the same issues. And on a game of WoW's size? The thought nearly makes me ill.

The models are coming but blizzards well tested and well received policy of 'ready when ready' should be observed.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by sanlayn View Post
    BE Models with the upcoming patch or RIOT!!
    Bring the tar i already got the feathers.

You have never made a AAA game before, have you? I can tell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    You have never made a AAA game before, have you? I can tell.
    Don't even have to be that.
    Just replacing something IT based can cost a lot of work to make it all compatible again. There are million things you need to take in account and its a LOT harder then from the ground up.
    Just look how many business still use windows XP.

i'd rather have content to play than models, tbh

this whole xpac has been half assed it seems like...wtf were they even doing during those 14 months of SoO?

this whole xpac has been half assed it seems like...wtf were they even doing during those 14 months of SoO?
    The people who made our new character models were busy coding and making the new raids and Ashran and the garrison missions and quests of course!

But seriously, if they didn't have them make new character models, what would we have? Ugly old models and dozens of new models for Iron Horde orcs that people would be bitching aren't their new character models.

Because... artists make raid mechanics? Sure...