Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    We're starting to get to this point ourselves - we're a relatively casual once a week guild (3.5 hours on a Thursday evening), that has historically been a 10-man, made up of a bunch of people that have been playing together for years now. In previous expansions, we've been edging onto Heroic modes by normally the second raid, and half to 3/4 clearing Heroics on the final raid. This expansion, we were off to a slow start (as per usual), and really only started raiding proper at the start of the year. Took a couple of weeks to clear Normal, and have been blazing through Heroic (probably thanks to the gear boost from Garrisons and normal clears) - up to 5/7 last night (with one-shots on all, including 2 new bosses), but stopped before we got to the penultimate boss (lack of physical DPS was a pain ).

We're running with our core of about 11-12 raiders from previous expansions, and have boosted that to about 15-16 or so with some fellow guildies, but I do worry whether we're going to get to clearing heroic before we get up to 20 players. Our server (EU-Burning Blade) is predominantly Horde, and Czech & Slovakian, which causes problems for recruitment. We were kind of hoping we'd be as crap as normal, and not get to mythic before the next raid tier comes out - I fear this may not be true this time around!

This all being said, I like the idea of 20-person raiding being static for Mythic modes - gives the designers a lot more manoeuvrability in raid design (assuming there exists one of each class, etc) - we just need to get recruiting!

Deleted
    I'd love to see 10 player mythic again. It's a hell of organisation to keep 20 people together.

www.fraghard.com we raid T/W/TH 730-11pm est we could give you and you're guild a good home. contact hellspawn on our TS for more info

Blizzard had a year of feedback and still decided to go with their decision of making the highest difficulty 20 man only.
    You also had that year to prepare. Either by recruiting to 20, joining a 20 man guild, and/or coming to terms with the fact your small tight knit groups aren't going to be able to do the hardest content anymore.

My current guild was a 10 man guild in MoP and made the transition. We raid 7 hours (2x3.5 hours) and are 5/7 mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Captainn View Post
    yeah, start recruiting. that's what we did. or get absorbed. normal/heroic might actually be too hard for the intended audiences, not sure. but mythic is perfect. except for the tank damage, but that's another problem
    Kinda how I feel. I mean my group's now 1/7M 7/7H and Normal was waaaaaaaay too difficult for HEROIC DUNGEON geared players (keeping in mind that Normal was tuned to almost fresh 100 and Heroic HM was tuned to you doing Heroic Dungeons, like Normal used to be).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Time proved why that was a bad idea and why we're in the situation we are now, class design, and raid design both suffer for it.

If you cannot recruit more, I'm sorry but your journey is at it's end. The game cannot cater for absolutely everyone, it's impossible. For a while the game didn't cater for me either, I had to just live with it and do something else. That's the the way the cookie crumbled.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by ganush View Post
    In my opinion 'casual' is not a measure of skill, but a measure of how seriously you take the game and progression. Lots of very skilled players, play with a casual schedule these days.
    I agree. Casual =! Bad.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by wyrdone64 View Post
    As folks have pointed out, 20 man mythic has been known about for the better part of a year now. There was plenty of time to recruit up to 20 or find a guild that did mythics. Heck, I know 10 man guilds that merged just for mythics. There are still guilds recruiting now even. Its kind of hard to feel sorry for anyone at this point. If they decided the 20 man only thing on release and it a was big scramble, then sure, I would think it was crap, but that isn't the case.

It feels like people never thought they would want to do mythic and now they do, or that people were convinced blizzard would drop it and now that they haven't they don't know what to do.
    It isn't about the time needed to recruit. Many guilds just don't have fun with that many people. If you've ever been in any kind of leadership position in a guild, then you know how much of a pain in the ass it is maintain large rosters with skilled players and have them all log on at the same time.