Feels like I'm doing something wrong [Combat help]

Hey all, I was recently going over my logs for DPS since my raid leader told me I was lacking in DPS. My gear is fairly good (673 item level) but I feel like when I play I'm doing something completely wrong. I've been playing combat since the start of 5.4 and don't mind switching to Assassin/Sub but I have the expensive enchants, haste gear, etc. So I don't want to feel like I wasted time collecting this.
    My questions seem to be:
    - What am I doing wrong? I have a lot of downtime and it feels like that kills my DPS.
    - Where should I center my Lucky Coin around? Red buff? Use it with KS as an opener into AR?
    - Anything else that I might be fixing. General criticisms/comments.

I feel like I have the gear, I'm just not using it to it's full advantage.

Logs on my latest fight. Feel free to look any of the Mythic ones, this one is just up to date.
    Would post Brackenspore Mythic logs, but it seems like my guild didn't record any that day!

My armory.
    Last edited by priestofsyrinx; 2015-01-20 at 07:23 PM.

Can't really find anything wrong with you logs, except you arent using glyph of disapearance, and your uptime of S&D could be a couple % higher. But thats just being nitpicky.You gotta remember Combat isn't really a single target spec. It ain't bad but Sub is just better.
    Small thing i can't make out of the replay, is do you make sure you are low on energy before going into KS? Using it at high energy means you waste alot of energy that could have gone into more SS. You got anticipation so get your energy low and stack combopoints till you are around 20-30% energy before popping KS.

As for Coin, I think general opinion is use it on pull, and then depending on the length of the fight on CD or fex on Butcher you can wait for CD's since you can only use it twice anyway.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're pretty much right where you should be at your item level. There's not much more you can do honestly. One thing I see is you're not using vanish>ambush. Should be doing that off CD typically for the lowered cost of ambush, and it gives 2 CP's. Really a minor change though. You're just not going to be able to compete with subtlety single target at this time.

Not an expert, especially on combat, and logs don't log CPs, but is it possible you used Eviscerate not always with 5 CPs? At 1:48 maybe? even under Deep Insight. Things like this might hurt dps. But as I said, I'm not an expert just guessing and do a lot of mistakes myself.

Heroic kargath you're at 95th percentile. Doesn't really get much better than that. Heroic Butcher @ 89th percentile. Again, both are good.

If your raid leader says your dps is too low, then you might want to tell him that you're ranking in the top 10 percent of all combat rogues with your gear. IMO that's pretty decent especially considering there are numerous people that are significantly lower that 90th percentile in your raid.

He could also be telling you that your dps is low in effort to try to motivate you to push harder dps.

Next case scenario is to try sub. If you can do it right, it's ST dps will be better, especially on Kargath and Butcher if you aren't on add duty. Even with a less optimal dagger for MH (I currently have 645 dagger while both my combat weapons are 670 axes...) sub dps will be higher than combat on single target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just another small thing to add here, try simming your Rogue and see if running Warsong/Shattered Hand would be better than 2x Warsongs in your gear.

Why is the RL subbing you for the cleave fights? Combat only gets better for the last 5 bosses, kinda an odd decision tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by explicitd View Post
    Why is the RL subbing you for the cleave fights? Combat only gets better for the last 5 bosses, kinda an odd decision tbh.
    Yeah that doesn't make sense to me either. Even on Ko'ragh, you can peel off the boss a couple of seconds early and BF, KS the adds and cheese the meters (since your RL seems to want higher numbers even on fights without a strict dps requirement).