Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aht View Post
    Shield cause armor
    Armor should never really be a stat that you prioritize around, especially with a 15 ilevel drop. The haste on the shield is nice, but the vers provides a raw healing increase and global (all types) damage reduction where as the armor is strictly physical. There really isn't a whole lot that the shield will do for you in Blackrock unless youre actively tanking hits from something... in which case get a bop or call for your tanks to stop being bad at their job(or you for not keeping a tank alive long enough to do his job effectively, I guess. Can't always blame them, though they are to blame most of the time.)

Go with the offhand.

wrong post
    Last edited by -NeuroN-; 2015-04-06 at 06:32 AM.

the armor on the shield provides some marginal amount of mitigation against physical damage, but that is probably outweighed by the versatility mitigation. Go with the higher illvl on the OH for now.

Is [Echo of the Elements] worth with [Glyph of Riptide]?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    the armor on the shield provides some marginal amount of mitigation against physical damage, but that is probably outweighed by the versatility mitigation. Go with the higher illvl on the OH for now.
    Mitigation against some physical damage, I feel should be added. There's a lot of physical damage that ignores armor, most notably bleed effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Aryhoo View Post
    Is [Echo of the Elements] worth with [Glyph of Riptide]?
    Nope. You can do it if you absolutely love the glyph but have to bring double Spirit Links for a fight, but know that doing so will gimp your healing by about 4-5%. Ancestral Swiftness and Echo of the Elements provide roughly the same bonus to your overall healing done, but only if you actually utilize the extra charge on Riptide. If you have the glyph, you clearly can't do that. The initial healing done by Riptide can easily contribute 4k+ HPS to your total healing, so reducing it by 75% is going to have a very noticeable effect on your throughput.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

So I've been not raiding due to irl shit but I saw the Rsham changes. What are peoples thoughts for 6.2? Will Glyph of riptide fall completely out of play? How do you feel about our class trinket/set bonuses?
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    So I've been not raiding due to irl shit but I saw the Rsham changes. What are peoples thoughts for 6.2? Will Glyph of riptide fall completely out of play? How do you feel about our class trinket/set bonuses?
    The changes to CH and RT interaction is interesting. Some people love it because it "simplifies" using CH and some people hate it for the same reason. While I'm not sure simplification is the right word, its the only one I can find to describe it. CH will still need to be managed and cast on the player that needs it most, but I think a lot of people just think we're going to be CH bots again. This may or may not end up being true.

Set bonuses are interesting. Extra critical healing from Riptide will be nice but I wouldn't call it a gamebreaker. The biggest oomph will be from the direct heal, if it crits, so we may see the complete loss of GoRT. Personally with Echo I don't ever use GoRT anymore anyway. CH applying RT is also cool. A lot of people seem to be asking me if it will be more efficient to CH a player with higher health just to apply more and more RTs rather than casting CH on a player who needs it who may already have RT as to not waste the free RT - but a lot of them forget that the class trinket has good synergy with casting CH on to players with RT.

I think this absolutely 100% cements High Tide as our 100 talent though. CBT and SET will never ever be used with this many RTs rolling around the raid.

All in all, I'm not a fan of the class trinket and will likely seek other trinkets and only get the class trinket for situational use. Depends on exactly how it behaves. If it refreshes RT on people that already have it or if its smart and applies to people without it as a priority will be interesting to see. Much testing is required.
    Resto/Ele Shaman Main - Raider for Temerity of Windrunner[A] 13/13M
    Twitter- Twitch - Disc/Holy Priest Alt - MM/BM Hunter Alt
    Always reachable via Twitter for questions, so feel free to bug me.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    It might actually make it more popular again, once people have 4T18 and the trinket. It looks like you'll be able to cast Riptide on a few people before AoE, then just spread and maintain Riptides all over the place by spamming Chain Heal. It seems like every Chain Heal cast will result in a new Riptide regardless of who you targeted (if I remember the effects correctly and they haven't been changed since), so you're going to have them up on half the raid pretty quickly, and at that point there's really no point in casting Riptide as you'll get full High Tide synergies anyway. Losing the initial heal is irrelevant if you never actually cast the spell while anyone is taking damage. The 2T18 bonus probably isn't powerful or reliable enough to change that.

This assumes that there aren't better trinkets, though. It's possible that unglyphed Riptide will reign supreme in a world where no one actually uses that trinket, as there are much better options.

Quote Originally Posted by Canibehealz View Post
    The changes to CH and RT interaction is interesting. Some people love it because it "simplifies" using CH and some people hate it for the same reason. While I'm not sure simplification is the right word, its the only one I can find to describe it. CH will still need to be managed and cast on the player that needs it most, but I think a lot of people just think we're going to be CH bots again. This may or may not end up being true.
    I think "changes" is the best word. It's not really simpler or harder, just different. Right now you basically have to guess who will take damage later, which is more luck than skill as you usually don't have any real information to go on. With the change, it'll be back to the pre-WotLK days of targeting whoever needs the healing. That isn't particularly challenging, but at least you make decisions based on what is actually happening, rather than healing whoever you think might possibly take damage in 15 seconds. You could argue that the current version is more proactive, but I personally find that in practice you have so little information to go on that it's more gambling than prediction.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

I don't think it will really change all that much, in terms of real gameplay.

Right now, you pre-riptide people you think will take damage so that you can bounce a chainheal off them when they need it. When the damage actually happens, you wind up casting chain heal at the people who need healing whether they wound up having a riptide on them or not. At most you prefer a damaged target with a riptide over a damage target without one (you can probably construct a scenario where chain healing a full health target with a riptide is better than casting at a damaged target without one, but in practice this probably isn't the case very often.)

After the change you'll do the same thing; you'll still want to pre-hot to anticipate damage and use chain heal pretty much the same way. Throughput will be a bit more predictable than before.

I'll be curious to see how long people hang onto the current 2p bonus in the next tier; it seems like it would probably be higher value than the next-tier four piece, at least at equivalent ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    hi, i'm at a complete loss here.

THIS is my Shaman. So he's currently wearing i685 Railwalkers Ratcheted Boots, but i've gotten my hands on mythic Treads of the Veteran Smith. Is the increased item level enough to lose mastery (especially while progressing - currently on thogar) or should i keep the heroic boots?

Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post

THIS is my Shaman. So he's currently wearing i685 Railwalkers Ratcheted Boots, but i've gotten my hands on mythic Treads of the Veteran Smith. Is the increased item level enough to lose mastery (especially while progressing - currently on thogar) or should i keep the heroic boots?
    Mastery is important in a progression setting but you also have to take into account the other healers youre healing with If you have an absorb heavy healer roster that devalues progression Mastery and a target wont nearly be getting low as often. Vers, while not an ideal stat, still provides a healing increase at all times not dependant upon targets HP and provides you with damage reduction. In a world with a large number of absorb healers in the raid, I would take the Veteran Smith boots for the Intellect increase and Vers over the Mastery loss, especially with the amount of Mastery you already have. I don't know your typical raid comp though.
    Resto/Ele Shaman Main - Raider for Temerity of Windrunner[A] 13/13M
    Twitter- Twitch - Disc/Holy Priest Alt - MM/BM Hunter Alt
    Always reachable via Twitter for questions, so feel free to bug me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post

It's a very close call between those two items. While you do lose mastery, generally int and survivability through vers+stam combo will help more when progressing on a not particularly healing intensive boss like Thogar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindlad View Post
    It's a very close call between those two items. While you do lose mastery, generally int and survivability through vers+stam combo will help more when progressing on a not particularly healing intensive boss like Thogar.
    not healing intensive? then we're doing something wrong. People are falling like flies
    Last edited by Xarganthos; 2015-05-11 at 09:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i only have 80% though :x we ran with disc, hpala, druid and shaman. druid had to leave so the last 30mins we ran with two shaman. still there was so much going on. it was our first day of Progress (17 wipes) so we are still taking more damage than necessary. still we shamans burn through our mana pretty fast on this fight.

edit: found me some logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1692&wipes=1

much overhealing but better than dying too soon

which talents would you recommend? i was Messing around a Little but i'd prefer using EotE, High Tide, CotE
    Last edited by Xarganthos; 2015-05-11 at 11:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    we're already skipping them, but the man-at-arms and the healer are not going down fast enough. also our raid likes to get hit by Trains. happened to me too though but i got distracted *cough*

will try primals the next time, thanks for the tip

Deleted
    I am currently preparing for CM gold. Any suggestions on what trinkets to use? Candle seems a good idea budgetwise, but is an output trinket.

Another question I have is whether the ilvl-based upscaling in the endless healers challenge works good? Or would it be better to get blue gear for the proven healer title?

use the mythic boots over the heroic ones; our ratings are not far enough apart in value to outweigh the intellect gain (and haste is an excellent throughput stat for us anyway.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post
    I am currently preparing for CM gold. Any suggestions on what trinkets to use? Candle seems a good idea budgetwise, but is an output trinket.
    You don't want regen trinkets in CMs because drinking for 1-2 ticks will be more efficient regardless. Candle is good because of the int, and you can pair it with a int+clicky stat trinket (doesn't matter which one)

I used candle and Int/Mastery static trinket from last boss of Grimrail when I healed them.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantokrator View Post

Another question I have is whether the ilvl-based upscaling in the endless healers challenge works good? Or would it be better to get blue gear for the proven healer title?
    1) I used Alchemist Stone + this int & haste clicky trinket from highmaul. If I had had the $_$ I would have used Alchemist Stone + Candle.

2) There was a discussion in the druid forums lately. Most people agreed that the higher the ilvl, the harder it is. 615'ish ilvl is a reliable oneshot if you know what you are doing. Some people reported they managed wave 30 in 700~ gear. I couldn't do it and I doubt every run is doable. Might be easier with the interrupts/totems that shamans have. The burst damage to HP buffer ratio gets absurd fast.
    600/620 pvp gear, heirlooms and the salvage yard 610 class gear are perfect for just grabbing the title imo.