Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Probably best to use ilvl >= 610, I remember a comment during the beta that for enemy scaling purposes, items < 610 were handled as if they were 610.
    Also unless they changed it recently, it used to scale the enemies based on the highest ilvl we have in the bag even if not equipped, so when equipping lower ilvl items, make sure to deposit the high ilvl items in the bank.
    Last edited by Koor; 2015-05-18 at 09:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koor View Post
    Probably best to use ilvl >= 610, I remember a comment during the beta that for enemy scaling purposes, items < 610 were handled as if they were 610.
    Also unless they changed it recently, it used to scale the enemies based on the highest ilvl we have in the bag even if not equipped, so when equipping lower ilvl items, make sure to deposit the high ilvl items in the bank.
    Individual slots can't go below 600, and the overall ilvl can't drop below 615 (610?) last I heard. Sounds very very accurate, from my little testing.
    You can switch gear freely between tries and it scales to your equipped gear instantly.

/edit: not that it really matters^^ the point you are making is correct, don't leave slots empty for the sake of lowering your ilvl
    Last edited by mmocb77704d67b; 2015-05-18 at 09:49 PM.

Deleted
    Proven healer can be done easily with current brf mastery/spirit gear just don't forget about your interrupts/stuns and time your cd's accordingly. Did up to wave 52 with 690 gear. As for trinkets I used was autocleave and goren soul repository.

This question may have been asked elsewhere. But, the goren soul repository is a great healing trinket for resto shamans, right? Even though it doesn't show up in the loot table in the dungeon journal for us. A few pugs I've been in recently don't believe me on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorion View Post
    This question may have been asked elsewhere. But, the goren soul repository is a great healing trinket for resto shamans, right? Even though it doesn't show up in the loot table in the dungeon journal for us. A few pugs I've been in recently don't believe me on this one.
    The crit has a minor benefit to us via Resurgence but its not a huge one. Youd see higher throughput with DUT (Int + Haste Proc) or BiMC (Higher Base Int + Multistrike Proc) but the minor Resurgence benefit means youll see GSR as a small regen gain which can prove to be useful.

Overall as far as dps trinkets for healers go this tier, I rank them as BiMC > DUT > GSR because the regen we get from it is peanuts and we typically don't need it if you manage EleBlast correctly and have another regen trinket or decent spirit accessories.

So "great" isn't a word I would use for it. "Acceptable" is. Just my opinion though.
    Resto/Ele Shaman Main - Raider for Temerity of Windrunner[A] 13/13M
    Twitter- Twitch - Disc/Holy Priest Alt - MM/BM Hunter Alt
    Always reachable via Twitter for questions, so feel free to bug me.

hello restos,

i want to know if you ever use unleash life? i am looking at some of the warcraftlogs and i cannot really find it under "buffs". maybe 3 to 6 times on a fight? is that about right?
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    hello restos,

i want to know if you ever use unleash life? i am looking at some of the warcraftlogs and i cannot really find it under "buffs". maybe 3 to 6 times on a fight? is that about right?
    Only when moving and all other options are off the table(basically RT HST and ES), but if youre moving that long you should probably have used SWG. Unleash Life in a raid setting has mostly turned into a utility spell not for its additional healing but for the movement speed increase you get from it now. Its use varies from fight to fight.

Unleash Life can be found under the Healing Buffs section of the Buff tab on Warcraftlogs. You can also see it under the Casts tab as well as under the Healing Done breakdown, as it does have a small heal associated with its cast.

hey thanks. last question. is the rule to never cast a RT on a target with a RT already on it right?
    13/13

Monk

hey thanks. last question. is the rule to never cast a RT on a target with a RT already on it right?
    While it would be a waste to cast a fresh Riptide on someone with a long duration left on their current one, if the healing is needed then just do it? If a player needs the healing, or youre setting up Riptides for High Tide Chain Heals during AoE then its worth it. If the target is at like 90% HP with Riptide on them, no of course youre not going to cast another on them.

Situations like this totally change with different variables and there is no "100% always do this" rule for this sort of circumstance. Healing isn't as fluid as dpsing is and because of that we act on ever changing circumstances.

Think of it as a sprint that also heals a little. Unleash Life is inefficient and ineffective, but it's better than an unused GCD. You get the same speed bonus as Ghost Wolf, but you actually do a little bit of healing and you can keep casting while running. You can also use it for precasting, but this is extremely situational. Usually that time is better spent dropping a Healing Rain, getting more Riptides up, refreshing Earth Shield, and precasting a Chain Heal. If you have time for all that and Unleash Life, you probably have so many healers that it doesn't matter anyway. Note that Ghost Wolf and Unleash Life stack (+60% speed) and that you can cast UL while shapeshifted.

It depends on how much time is left, how much health that target has, and what other targets are available. Going by logs, Riptide's healing done is pretty much 50% initial heal and 50% healing over time. So casting Riptide twice in a row on the same target wasted half of its effect, but casting it on a full health target also wastes the full effect, and delaying the cast by 2-3 seconds also wastes half of its potential. There isn't really any good rule; just do what seems best at the time.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    Hello guys,

Sorry if this is a bit of a silly question, wanted to familiarise myself with a few things and I don't understand how exactly Healing Tide works.. What's the formula behind "X" in this...

Healing Tide pulses every 2 seconds healing all allies for "X".

It heals for an amount that scales off of your total intellect.

I believe X is 60% of your spell power. The ticks can also crit/multistrike and benefit from mastery/versatility, so the average tick will heal for more than that. And of course haste makes the totem tick more often, so basically X is increased by all the usual throughput stats.

Along with the Restorative Waves passive that increases our Totem healing by 50%, yes, its 60% SP + all throughput stat benefit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Canibehealz View Post
    Along with the Restorative Waves passive that increases our Totem healing by 50%, yes, its 60% SP + all throughput stat benefit.
    <3 I have joined teh Shamans. Go Team Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormieh View Post
    <3 I have joined teh Shamans. Go Team Blue.
    Luh yu Stormieh! <3

- - - Updated - - -

Just going to toss this post here until I can structure a separate one, since I'm currently at work.

Resto in 6.2/T18 including BiS List with the 3 most "common" stat weightings can be found here along with discussion and brief overview of changes and interactions we will see.

http://cactar.lwlol.com/threads/t18-resto-shaman.5222/

Questions comments concerns or feedback is appreciated - all information is of course tentative until 6.2 goes Live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Canibehealz View Post
    Just going to toss this post here until I can structure a separate one, since I'm currently at work.

Resto in 6.2/T18 including BiS List with the 3 most "common" stat weightings can be found here along with discussion and brief overview of changes and interactions we will see.

http://cactar.lwlol.com/threads/t18-resto-shaman.5222/

Questions comments concerns or feedback is appreciated - all information is of course tentative until 6.2 goes Live.
    Cheers, nice write up. I've been a bit out of the PTR loop, did they nerf the leech trinket again? From what I remember before it was a clear BiS item regardless of other choices before, surprised not seeing it recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindlad View Post
    Cheers, nice write up. I've been a bit out of the PTR loop, did they nerf the leech trinket again? From what I remember before it was a clear BiS item regardless of other choices before, surprised not seeing it recommended.
    Thanks for the kind words!

The trinkets have all been under scrutiny lately by the devs and have gone through a couple iterations. The Leech trinket was mentioned in the writeup thanks to someone who I was chatting with on Reddit for reminding me about the strengths it can have. It was originally not weighted as highly by me for us as it is *generally* better served in the hands of a HoT healer who can place the benefits on to more people at once but given encounter design its certainly a contender for second BiS along Phylactery.

While not an absolute clear winner in terms of raw throughput as with all healing its dependant upon comp and encounter design. In a world where theres large burst damage the Leech trinket will not be as beneficial for us as another raw stat trinket could be due to the fact that we have several cooldowns to handle burst moments, but after they're done running their course the Leech would be rendered ineffective. In an environment where the damage is consistent certainly we can make great use of it with Healing Rain and the odd Chain Heal but generally in those environments the traditional HoT healers (HPriest, MW Monk, Resto Druid) will blanket the effect on to players faster than you will and to greater effect.
    Last edited by Canibehealz; 2015-06-08 at 10:07 AM.

so i got my hands the 4 piece now and wanted to know if i am doing anything othen then spamming chain heal when i get my procc? do i still cast the riptides on the raid or just keep spamming?
    13/13

Monk

so i got my hands the 4 piece now and wanted to know if i am doing anything othen then spamming chain heal when i get my procc? do i still cast the riptides on the raid or just keep spamming?
    It depends. The proc makes Chain Heal cheaper, but that's it. For maximum HPS during heavy damage, the best thing you can do is to forget that the proc even exists. The rest of the time, the proc makes CH very mana efficient (but not free!) so you can use it a lot more aggressively during procs. I think Riptide is still worth casting regardless, unless the proc has <4 seconds left and casting CH before RT means the cast finishes before the buff expires.