Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    what is the 6.2 Resto stats priority ? at least approximately

Is it for example fine to enchant Haste on everything ?

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    what is the 6.2 Resto stats priority ? at least approximately

Is it for example fine to enchant Haste on everything ?
    For normal/heroic, I'd say haste is fine. But if you're progging Mythic I would be enchanted/geared to mastery, mastery is king on any sort of high level progression as a resto shaman.

eh, haste is pretty competitive with mastery from a throughput standpoint unless targets' health is quite low. It also helps with the situations we're worst at (raid spread out/moving), as well as being useful just from a convenience standpoint.

I dunno, I see both sides and in general you're shooting for haste/mastery bits anyway. I'd rather have a bit more marginal haste than a bit more marginal mastery though

I have 2 questions.
    One is their a addon that tracks rip tide so that I can make sure I am at least maintaining 2 to get the full benefit from high tide.

Two is there a website or resource that ranks trinkets from HFC I am considering crafting and upgrading the healing dark moon fair card and wondering how it rates against other HFC trinkets.

You will want to have more than 2 riptides rolling, because the base jumps from chain heal can select those targets with riptide before the high tide jumps occur.

you can try using AMR for the trinket comparison, though you might want to add in custom stat weights. its an easy tool to use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evandril View Post
    I'd love you! One attempt is all that's really needed,
    Sorry, didn't get around to doing it on the farm mythic bosses. Will log our full HC clear with it on instead on wednesday.

Deleted
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/AVwpdP91yngFDkN8/
    raiding with the trinket now.

It is definitely proccing from CH jumps onto riptided targets (so there is a lot of High Tide synergy) and not just direct casts onto RT'd targets. Went better than expected.
    Last edited by mmocd0828b0993; 2015-07-16 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerothane View Post
    One is their a addon that tracks rip tide so that I can make sure I am at least maintaining 2 to get the full benefit from high tide.
    You're approaching the problem backwards. You shouldn't be casting Riptide to get High Tide synergies; you should be getting High Tide synergies because you're casting Riptide. The goal should be to cast Riptide on cooldown (or before it hits two charges if you're using Echo of the Element, which I strongly recommend), and if you do that then you will always have more than enough HoTs up for High Tide. Tracking the HoTs doesn't really help (though it was important before patch 6.2 for other reasons).
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

How much Mastery is too much Mastery?

I am on 89%, is that too much?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapathy View Post
    How much Mastery is too much Mastery?

I am on 89%, is that too much?
    There is no such thing as "too much". It scales linearly and will remain the best stat, provided you are actually doing "challenging content"™ where it has a chance to kick in.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindlad View Post
    There is no such thing as "too much". It scales linearly and will remain the best stat, provided you are actually doing "challenging content"™ where it has a chance to kick in.
    Ive been asked to go Resto for heroic content with a view to go onto Mythic content.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Hey, Our shaman has 2P atm - I noticed he had the glyph for riptide, which i told him to remove as i thought it was counter-productive to the 2P. Was i right to advise this? when I played resto, the glyph wasnt really used.

Also, is Echo of the elements worth taking? he's currently using swiftness, which used to be decent, but i've no idea anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eninra View Post
    Was i right to advise this?
    With 2p, yes

Quote Originally Posted by Eninra View Post
    Also, is Echo of the elements worth taking? he's currently using swiftness, which used to be decent, but i've no idea anymore.
    Echo is the go-to in that tier now, unless you have a very specific reason to take EM.

To echo (huehuehue) what Blindlad said, EotE is an amazing mobility tool and provides excellent raid support with a second SLT charge. EM and AS are both viable options if you have no need for a second SLT though, as SWG is usually enough for most movement situations with its glyph options. If the healer prefers to use EM as an additional throughput cooldown or feels more comfortable having an instant heal then by all means - knock yourself out - but you 100% need to be Echo for any fight where you have frequent movement or a use for a second SLT... which might I add there are plenty of those fights in HFC.
    Resto/Ele Shaman Main - Raider for Temerity of Windrunner[A] 13/13M
    Twitter- Twitch - Disc/Holy Priest Alt - MM/BM Hunter Alt
    Always reachable via Twitter for questions, so feel free to bug me.

I don't really think riptide glyph setups survived the change to echo; it makes it so much easier to maintain high riptide uptimes (especially with the new 4p) that the glyph isn't really worthwhile anymore.

There's not really any fights where I prefer EM in HFC either; maybe like, mythic gorefiend?

Hey Guys.

i use Ironspike Chew Toy and Mark of Rapid Replication with socket as my trinkets. Yesterday I received Demonic Phylactery
    Which trinket should i replace for Demonic Phylactery?

Thanks!

def replace the MoRR. That trinket sucks

Deleted
    I've been wondering what's the best talent+trinket setup for Mythic Gorefiend to heal the essences inside the belly. My guild got the kill just recently with 5 healer setup of Disc Hpal 2xRsham and Rdruid (would've probably been 2Rdruids but we needed a boomkin). I was a bit undergeared and my rsham friend is mainspec elemental.

As per usual I'd assume the breaking out part is the most difficult thing in the encounter for you as well and sometimes we run into weird situations where healers are broken out at 6+seconds. When you get behind on adds, big essences spawn it all goes bonkers and usually causes a wipe. Two essences spawn right at the start and last 3 come really close together when we're at 12+/- sec until the Digest debuff runs out. If you add the poor rng of essences spawning in two opposite sides of the room and add running time we're sometimes left on 6 sec to get most efficient casts off.

On our progress kill I was running 726 Flickering Felspark + 706 Autocleave (since I didn't have anything better) talents Unleashed Fury and AG. We finished respectively 1,5mil and 2mil behind on healing the essences compared to Disc and Hpal https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ling&target=46
    Do you think it is worth it to spec into Unleash Fury if: a) not running into mana problems b) 5 healing the fight makes Feast easy on cd stacking? Then is worth spending 2 gcds to earth shield and unleash life to get 100% increased healing on 1 cast during 3.2 seconds or cast almost 3 healing surges in the meantime?

What trinkets do you think is the best setup to heal the essences inside a)overall b)if you had choice between Felspark, Leech, Intuition's Gift?

We didn't kill it yet on our reclear since we run out of time but on the several pulls I've tried UF Felspark and Intuition's Gift to heal the adds inside. Crit on use aligned with Ascendance Earth shield and unleash with 107% mastery allowed me to crit for 401k on 1 cast so I'll be probably continue with that.

How did you feel and what did you use on your mythic kill both outside and inside? ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iCharli View Post
    I've been wondering what's the best talent+trinket setup for Mythic Gorefiend to heal the essences inside the belly.
    Honestly, it doesn't require any talent changes from the normal setup, there isn't much to gain by switching anything up. A clicky trinket is very nice, and the first group that goes in can also pop the ring inside.

sometimes we run into weird situations where healers are broken out at 6+seconds. When you get behind on adds, big essences spawn it all goes bonkers and usually causes a wipe.
    You just mentioned you used 2 rshams and possibly have more dps shamans. Windwalk totem completely negates both the slow and the damage from essences. Between the two of you and CotE you can have 24 seconds of "immunity" to essences, which is way more than needed to kill of even several full HP essences.

Two essences spawn right at the start and last 3 come really close together when we're at 12+/- sec until the Digest debuff runs out. If you add the poor rng of essences spawning in two opposite sides of the room and add running time we're sometimes left on 6 sec to get most efficient casts off.
    This is always the case, that's just the order they spawn in. However, range should never be an issue. You can reach almost the entire area from the middle of the room and you have spiritwalker's grace. As a shaman you should be in reach of absolutely any essence after 3-5 seconds of it spawning.

Do you think it is worth it to spec into Unleash Fury if: a) not running into mana problems b) 5 healing the fight makes Feast easy on cd stacking? Then is worth spending 2 gcds to earth shield and unleash life to get 100% increased healing on 1 cast during 3.2 seconds or cast almost 3 healing surges in the meantime?
    Unleashed fury requires you to actually use unleash on the target you are about to heal. It's absolutely terrible for healing essences as it's a dead GCD (same with earth shield). The proper way to use unleash is:
    1) pre-buff it and tidal waves a few seconds before going in to the stomach (and make sure you always have tidal waves up before bombing the low HP essence)
    2) pre-buff it after the first 2 essences if they are high enough (somewhere around 70-80%) for the next group of 3

What trinkets do you think is the best setup to heal the essences inside a)overall b)if you had choice between Felspark, Leech, Intuition's Gift?
    Intuition's+anything throughput related. Doesn't really matter, if I'm honest.

We didn't kill it yet on our reclear since we run out of time but on the several pulls I've tried UF Felspark and Intuition's Gift to heal the adds inside. Crit on use aligned with Ascendance Earth shield and unleash with 107% mastery allowed me to crit for 401k on 1 cast so I'll be probably continue with that.

How did you feel and what did you use on your mythic kill both outside and inside? ^^
    Personal opinion: drop UF for anything else, continue using IG, don't use Ascendance inside. While a big crit is tasty, it does absolutely nothing for your raid since you've wasted 2 globals to set it up.
    You only gained 750k healing from both Ascendance and AG combined through 3 inside phases - that is really crap, considering the impact those spells can have above, especially in the last bit of the encounter when doomwells are dropped closer to the raid.
    You seem to not be using riptide inside at all. It's actually very strong, just leave it ticking on an essence that isn't full. Those tidal waves stacks are crucial, you have to RT after every 2 Healing Surges.
    Here's our essence healing from yday, although it's only has 2 feast phases:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ing&target=197
    Last edited by mmocd0828b0993; 2015-09-10 at 11:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blindlad View Post
    You just mentioned you used 2 rshams and possibly have more dps shamans. Windwalk totem completely negates both the slow and the damage from essences. Between the two of you and CotE you can have 24 seconds of "immunity" to essences, which is way more than needed to kill of even several full HP essences.
    Didn't know about that, I mean I used it for slows cause it was annoying but never noticed the immunity since there are so many damage sources. Cool