Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Czapo View Post
    Your guide helped me to becoma a decent player thanks
    Be aware this guide is from 6.1 and outdated. It was a whole diffrent tier where glyph of chaining and riptide was auctually good and EM was something people would consider. It´s not anymore like that right now so for an updated guide visit chainheal.com.

The amounts of times i pointed out this website to people, almost makes me feel like chainheal is paying me for this haha . But seriously tho its a great website with tons of info and tips and all is accurate.

Hello everyone. I have a question that hopefully someone can answer. I began raiding with my guild last night, did a quick run through of normal Hellfire. We had twelve people in the group with three healers. Myself as a resto shaman, a holy paladin, and a disc priest. I am barely 700 geared, while the holy and disc healers are 715-724. Holy paladin was doing 60-90k hps and the priest was doing between 45-60k. I was barely coming in at 35-45k on most fights. 45k was my top on Tyrant.

I am wondering if it is anything I am doing wrong or if it is just because of a) their class and spec, and b) their gear level with tier pieces. I cannot provide logs unfortunately, so a reply would simply just be opinion. I am using the proper totems, talents, glyphs, CDs and spells.

Quote Originally Posted by GeeDeeArr View Post
    Hello everyone. I have a question that hopefully someone can answer. I began raiding with my guild last night, did a quick run through of normal Hellfire. We had twelve people in the group with three healers. Myself as a resto shaman, a holy paladin, and a disc priest. I am barely 700 geared, while the holy and disc healers are 715-724. Holy paladin was doing 60-90k hps and the priest was doing between 45-60k. I was barely coming in at 35-45k on most fights. 45k was my top on Tyrant.

I am wondering if it is anything I am doing wrong or if it is just because of a) their class and spec, and b) their gear level with tier pieces. I cannot provide logs unfortunately, so a reply would simply just be opinion. I am using the proper totems, talents, glyphs, CDs and spells.
    Absorb healers will always dunk throughput healers during fights with low amounts of incoming damage, as is the case for every boss on Normal difficulty. Damage on Normal is likely to not break Disc shields/holy pally mastery shields, so you're left with little to nothing to heal.

Keep in mind that healing is not a dick measuring contest, just because you're doing less hps does NOT mean you are not doing your job correctly. The role of a Shaman in a healing roster is to provide large cooldowns during periods of heavy raid damage, which, unfortunately for you, Normal difficulty does not make a good example out of. Just be sure to make use of the variety of CD's our class provides when raid damage begins to spike, if people aren't dying then the healers are doing their job.

Remember that dropping a healer is always a great idea to keep healers engaged while also boosting raid dps, meaning bosses die faster. 3 healing normal may or may not be ideal for your group, but experimenting with dropping a healer should always be an option for a raid team that is looking to be more efficient.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi All. Just got round to levelling my resto alt, quick question regarding chain heal. The last time I played him was probably in Cata and I remember chain heal being boosted if the primary target had riptide on it. I can't see any mention of it anymore though, and 4pc T-18 would seem to suggest that this is no longer a thing. Can anyone confirm for me?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    Hi All. Just got round to levelling my resto alt, quick question regarding chain heal. The last time I played him was probably in Cata and I remember chain heal being boosted if the primary target had riptide on it. I can't see any mention of it anymore though, and 4pc T-18 would seem to suggest that this is no longer a thing. Can anyone confirm for me?
    Yes this got changed. You still got improved chain heal tho wich increases the healing on the primary target of your Chain Heal spell by 50%, but u dont get this until wod as a random draenor perk when leveling.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    Yes this got changed. You still got improved chain heal tho wich increases the healing on the primary target of your Chain Heal spell by 50%, but u dont get this until wod as a random draenor perk when leveling.
    Thanks, so I guess with 4pc T-18 I should actually try to CH onto someone that does NOT have riptide on them?

Deleted
    Thanks, so I guess with 4pc T-18 I should actually try to CH onto someone that does NOT have riptide on them?
    The 4 set actually applies a second riptide that doesnt share with your normal riptide. Im tracking both on vuhdo by making a bouquet with the diffrent spellnumbers. This 4 set riptide does make your chain Heal spell 25% more effective when the primary target is affected by your 4 set Riptide. Forgot to mention this in my post before :x

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The 4 set actually applies a second riptide that doesnt share with your normal riptide. Im tracking both on vuhdo by making a bouquet with the diffrent spellnumbers. This 4 set riptide does make your chain Heal spell 25% more effective when the primary target is affected by your 4 set Riptide. Forgot to mention this in my post before :x
    Well that just seems needlessly confusing So who is the ideal target for a CH? One with a 4-set riptide, or one without?

Deleted
    Well that just seems needlessly confusing So who is the ideal target for a CH? One with a 4-set riptide, or one without?
    I dont really micro manage it like that, when i need to spam chain heals for abit i just use it on diffrent targets to be honest. Even chainheal.com doesnt mention the best way to heal with chain heals regarding 4 set/riptides as far as i know.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont really micro manage it like that, when i need to spam chain heals for abit i just use it on diffrent targets to be honest. Even chainheal.com doesnt mention the best way to heal with chain heals regarding 4 set/riptides as far as i know.
    CH spam it is! Tbh it will probably just be whoever's nameplate is flashing at me!

Yesterday I played in resto spec for the first time after about a year's break and I noticed that I'm really struggling with my mana.
    So with spirit gone, how does mana regeneration work exactly now? Do you have a fixed amount of regen (+resurgence) + a fixed mana pool now? So does that mean no matter what gear we have and how far we are into the expansion, you'll be OOM after roughly the same time?
    Wouldn't that make talented resurgence and crit stacking mandatory?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Coming from a Holy Paladin for much of HFC, I feel as though I am always forgetting something when it comes to Resto Shaman. I'm dumping my heals but then I remember... TOTEMS!... and then I completely forget about Healing Rain.

Might have to sacrifice some norm/heroic dungeon groups to get better used to it.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    How relevant is gear to resto healing, cause at 840ish ilvl (don't have any intellect trinkets though) in normal mythic dungeons I just want to pull my hair out...? Will more gear make healing easier or is shaman dependant on player's own skill? Cause right now only heal that seems to do anything is Riptide while other's do practically nothing and Healing Wave is just so slow cast :/ and Healing Surge seems not to be enough when people go big or damage goes high. The Ice dragon thing in VH, just not good enough heals to keep people alive, tank and DH ended soloing it while I got myself and others killed cause not healing enough...

So basically I either get kicked cause I cannot keep people alive when they pull big or run away in pulling more with mobs on tow or just feel so miserable after a dungeon from which I did not get kicked out from. Just curious will more gear help, or am I not just meant to heal on my shaman ever (cause it depends on player skill rather then gear) if I fail at easy normal mythic content.

840 is the bare minimum to do mythic. Also it doesn't help if your group is pulling more than you can afford to spend mana / spells on. I'm still pretty new with resto but something that helped me were some specifics talents especially for dungeons : Torrent, Echo of the element and High Tide.

I'd suggest you to farm for nethershards while you can, especially the Assaults quests. It gives quite a good amount to quickly get to 850 ilvl. Not to mention the possible procs to war/titanforged. And keep an eye for WQs relics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, you might be right with few of the talents, as am looking over IV suggestion then mayhaps probably some other talent swap would benefit me as well. Right now have 3-2-1-2-2-2-1 as my choices.

But for tier 4 Ancestral Guidance does not feel like the things for me, so what would you guys say would be a easy choice for a healing noob like me Crashing Waves or Deluge? Right now running with Cloudburst it has it's uses, but I forget to pop the damned Guidance at times... So Crashing waves feels like a relatively simple choice.

In Tier 5 I would say that Earthern Shield for dungeons should be replaced with Ancestral Vigor to deal with the pesky tanks and whatnots that just keep running away. Not many tanks actually bring the mobs back to the slow moving healer to get healed....

In Tier 6 swaping Cloudbusrt with Echo would make my life much more easier most probably.

As for the last tier, not sure about High Tides, but for a noob a passive skill could beat the active usage one...

Anyway, this be shaman: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...er/thunderlash , logged out in enhancement spec, but for resto only thing which changes is one of the trinkets for an intellect trinket and the fact that I have only 1 good relic on the artifact while other one is still 780ish or so...

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    But for tier 4 Ancestral Guidance does not feel like the things for me, so what would you guys say would be a easy choice for a healing noob like me Crashing Waves or Deluge? Right now running with Cloudburst it has it's uses, but I forget to pop the damned Guidance at times... So Crashing waves feels like a relatively simple choice.
    Definitely try it. I know I would. It was either that or echo. Haven't tried both, but then I'd have to use healing surge more often to not waste the tidal waves. Will try it tonight.
    In Tier 5 I would say that Earthern Shield for dungeons should be replaced with Ancestral Vigor to deal with the pesky tanks and whatnots that just keep running away. Not many tanks actually bring the mobs back to the slow moving healer to get healed....
    In dungeon I find this earthern shield talent useless. Except maybe against bosses. You'll constantly be moving. With echo, I've a lot of riptide cast and since they're instant heal + talent that provides a 10% increased health, it's a win-win situation for me.
    In Tier 6 swaping Cloudbusrt with Echo would make my life much more easier most probably.
    Like I said, most totems are useless for me. I tried really hard to find its use and then went with echo. Life went wayyy easier with this talent. I definitely prefer this target healing over very slow AoE heals against unpredictable damage. Cloudburst fits more for Raid imo.
    As for the last tier, not sure about High Tides, but for a noob a passive skill could beat the active usage one...
    I can perfectly understand that. This is my own opinion, but I dislike long CDs in dungeons. It's impossible to predict how much damage the group will take. I like to use this talent when I don't have any riptide left. It's a nice way to wait for another riptide stack, and with graceful spirit you can use it pretty much every 2/3 trashpack. After that I like to use Healing Stream Totem with Ancestral guidance.

Just try echo. And get intellect trinket + relics. 780 is a very low one. Look for WQs relics, and use them asap because the ilvl will go up aswell for the next time you'll do the same WQ. I don't know how exactly WQs rewards works, but the higher ilvl you are, the higher the reward is up to a certain point where it stalls.
    Last edited by Raiz; 2017-06-06 at 08:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's shame to admit that I have not gotten around to much WQ, been focusing on my artifact and order hall questline in the very limited play time I can manage. But I did a dungeon, heroic, and healing felt smoother and easier (or maybe ended up with a very reasonable tank). Yes, can't cure stupid but still felt better compared to heroic dungeon before the talent change. I do agree that in dungeons the long CD are pain in the ..... . Cause when you waste it on a trash pack and have nothing for the boss when needed then you're in trouble. Thanks for the ideas and discussion.

920 arcano wins all the way

Sea star is far over cake in raid content.