10+ Year Old Account

Shadow StatPrio annoys me..

Looking at Howtopriest, mmo-c, icy-veins etc, they pretty much all lists different priorities for our stats. I thought Howtopriest was the go to site, which says Haste and Multistrike is king for CoP.

But looking at Spriests for the top guilds on armory, i see 2/3 doing mastery and 1/3 doing crit.

So i guess Mastery is the way to go currently? But what comes after mastery? I have some tailoring items that i can reroll, so would be nice to know what to go for.

Why doesnt any sites match what people actually use?
    "I like big pulls and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny, when a mob walks in, or maybe 10, all lined up for a spell, you press 2!"..

Did you read WHY they recommended those stats or do you just want someone to tell you the best thing so you don't have to make an effort to understand? Because the why is very important.

Mastery sims best on Patchwerk fights, so a lot of the top players are going mastery based on their sims.

Haste is usually going to sim second best on Patchwerk (but it varies based on your gear if you're not too lazy to sim yourself) and sims best on multi-target fights. The haste weapon enchant is annoying though.

Crit/Multistrike were simming well on multi-target fights and they do well in execute range for fights with frequent executable adds before the Haste buff, but IMO they're inferior to haste in all situations now. (but again, sim yourself)

Deleted
    The answer has been given a million times both here and on htp already. So has the reason for difference in stat weights depending on sites. I suggest you read through Drye's guide (and the many posts following) if you want a proper answer.

Don't get too much haste as it screws with your dotweaving.

For highmaul you're gonna want something like Haste(~15%)>Mastery>Crit>=multistike=haste>Versatility

personally I aim between 800-1k haste which is slightly more than 15%
    Last edited by mmoc771d918182; 2015-01-20 at 08:59 PM.

Deleted
    I'm just gonna copy+paste this from a previous comment.

For now in HM, 15%-20% haste > mastery > multi/crit >>> versatility.
    For BRF, most likely crit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Will there be enough crit from BRF gear to switch to Auspicious Spirits, or will CoP pull ahead for the entire tier?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most people are going mastery just because of the nature of the HM encounters. Most of them are primarily single target with the exception of a couple fights with adds (which is way haste and crit is valued so highly, better for multiple targets). Honestly you can gear however. The stats are so close together. I think someone said less than a 500 dps variance.

Quote Originally Posted by Volibear View Post
    Will there be enough crit from BRF gear to switch to Auspicious Spirits, or will CoP pull ahead for the entire tier?
    It's a strange case where the encounters are designed to be very friendly for Auspicious Spirits but will require gear from clearing in order to get the crit to function competitively.

For progress, you'll likely still see mostly CoP with AS mostly used for like Darmac.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by bicycle View Post
    Did you read WHY they recommended those stats or do you just want someone to tell you the best thing so you don't have to make an effort to understand? Because the why is very important.

^ ten characters

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

I think it'll change at 6.1 with AS