7+ Year Old Account

returning player,50 is still cap for f2p?

Greetings! im kinda bored with all this garrison stuff ,and thinking of swtor comeback.Just one quick question; with newest xpack,is my charachter still locked at lvl 50,and if it is,what xpack need to buy to get max level?

thanks

You need to buy Shadow of Revan if you want to go beyond level 50.

You will need to subscribe to get Rise of the Hutt Cartel (it comes free with the subscription) which will bring you to level 55 (I believe,) and then purchase Shadow of Revan ($20) to get you to the current level cap (60).

And yes, for pure F2P players 50 is still the level cap. So if you want to get access to both expansions, it will be a total of $35, though you will lose access to things like raids/ranked PvP if you revert to a F2P (preferred) account if you cancel your sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    How much content is available for those 35 dollars?

There is a good number of things to do from 50 - 60.

Hutt expansion then SoR expansion and all the leveling and flash points and operations that have been added since you were gone and you still have the 8 class stories to play if you have not done them.

There are professions to level, reps to grind for legacy gear or items.

It is a fair amount of content for any returning player for a small amount of money. $20 for the SoR expansions and $15 for the first months play. You get Hutt expansions free when you sub.

It's good entertainment for not much money.

One question I would have is if Galactic Starfighter and Strongholds are considered base content, or if they're part of RotHC. The comparison between Subscriber, Preferred and Free-To-Play features on swtor.com seems woefully out of date.

Quote Originally Posted by gamz247 View Post
    One question I would have is if Galactic Starfighter and Strongholds are considered base content, or if they're part of RotHC. The comparison between Subscriber, Preferred and Free-To-Play features on swtor.com seems woefully out of date.
    Base content. They are free for everyone, though there are limitations in terms of what strongholds one has access to due to credit limitations etc. But the features themselves are fully playable by anyone.