Thread: map preference

10+ Year Old Account

map preference

why is there no map preference option ? i want to choose which maps i like more or less, just as in starcraft 2

for example i hate blackhearts bay, but i would love to play more sky temple now

10+ Year Old Account
    There probably will be eventually. I would be not the least bit shocked it was eventually added. I want to say -- but can't remember for sure -- that map blacklisting is already a planned feature for competitive play. But I'm sure it will come for regular play eventually, too. I guess maybe it depends on if there are enough active players that they can do that without negatively impacting queues.

My favourite is Cursed Hollow. It's the most simplistic, but I like the teamfights at the tribute, and I like the mad zerg fests following when we get three.

I dislike Blackheart the most. In theory it might be more complex since the value of the coins definitely varies depending on how late into the game it is and how many turn-ins you've already done, perhaps giving it the potential for more strategy depth.... but the reality is that the bell-shaped layout of the map lanes so obnoxious that I really don't like playing it. I'd probably blacklist it.

I'm kinda apathetic on the garden terror and dragon shrine ones but they are fine.

I haven't played the new map that much (a handful of times at Blizzcon and then a couple times in beta) but it seemed nice enough.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    i have pretty much the same feelings about maps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    There probably will be eventually.
    Agreed on this, they have to add it for ranked, and if they do they'll need to put it in quick match also.

Guess they are just waiting for more maps to be released first.

I actually hope they don't implement such a thing, it would mean that if you like a map that the community in their infinite wisdom has decided is "bad" then you'd hardly ever get to play it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    There probably will be eventually. I would be not the least bit shocked it was eventually added. I want to say -- but can't remember for sure -- that map blacklisting is already a planned feature for competitive play. But I'm sure it will come for regular play eventually, too. I guess maybe it depends on if there are enough active players that they can do that without negatively impacting queues.

My favourite is Cursed Hollow. It's the most simplistic, but I like the teamfights at the tribute, and I like the mad zerg fests following when we get three.

I dislike Blackheart the most. In theory it might be more complex since the value of the coins definitely varies depending on how late into the game it is and how many turn-ins you've already done, perhaps giving it the potential for more strategy depth.... but the reality is that the bell-shaped layout of the map lanes so obnoxious that I really don't like playing it. I'd probably blacklist it.

I'm kinda apathetic on the garden terror and dragon shrine ones but they are fine.

I haven't played the new map that much (a handful of times at Blizzcon and then a couple times in beta) but it seemed nice enough.
    Blackheart's Bay is my absolute favorite map. The added complexity just makes it more exciting and nothing feels better than killing a 10+ coin Nova.
    Garden Terror is the worst by far. 70% of the players don't know how to handle the terror and it's throwing a lot of games.

15+ Year Old Account
    I want to blacklist Haunted Mines in SoloQ due to my teams' unfailing ability to throw what seems like every game on that map -.-

I hate it SO much.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    If I could Blacklist the Cursed Hollow map I would be so happy. Easily my least favorite map, though Haunted Mines has become a strong contender for the slot as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    I want to blacklist Haunted Mines in SoloQ due to my teams' unfailing ability to throw what seems like every game on that map -.-

I hate it SO much.
    Yeah i'd love to not have to play on that map as well when playing with pugs, as it feels like the map that requires the most cordination, where a quick decision can win or lose you the game(It's incredibly often that you could have won by just pushing when the enemies went to the mine and you didn't have the ability to fight them in there).

Its still beta so there's always time to add a map veto system.

I love the mines, always so much action there
    게임 은 어렵~~

10+ Year Old Account
    This would be lovely.

I am so sick of Mines and Garden. It's all I ever get and they're my least favourite two.

I want more Dragon Shrine and Sky Temple. Cursed Hollow can come too.

Deleted
    Anyone except Sky Temple or Garden. For some reason my team can never win on them

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Blackheart's Bay is my absolute favorite map. The added complexity just makes it more exciting and nothing feels better than killing a 10+ coin Nova.
    Garden Terror is the worst by far. 70% of the players don't know how to handle the terror and it's throwing a lot of games.
    Eh, that extra complexity is what frustrates me. You need a lot more individual decision making in it than the other maps, and by god people cannot be trusted.

I remember reading somewhere that they would implement a ban when they had more maps? Could be wrong.

they will add it most likely, the game is still in alpha/beta, so even if its not in the live version whenever that comes out, it will most likely be put into the game at some point

Deleted
    I actually like the new map a lot
    the temples makes for much more compelling and long team fights