Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

Puma Punku is one of the biggest mystery of human civilization

After reading my short presentation of Puma Punku, you should agree that the actual ancient history should be redefined "a little".

Disclaimer: I'm not here to tell you "ALIENS", because you will tell "ALIENS" by yourself. Irony apart, this is seriously worth reading.

Puma Punku is part of an ancient archaeological complex in Bolivia, South America.
    The most interesting part features huge blocks of stones (weighting over 100 tons) perfectly cut.
    This site dates back to unknown years, some experts talk about 600 b.c., others even up to 17.000 years ago.

Facts:
    - minimum date given to this site is 2600 years ago (they have issues with radiocarbon analysis)
    - blocks are weighting up to 130 metric tons.
    - the block of stones should have been transported from up to 100 km away.
    - there is not a wood/forest close to the place (no wooden rolls)
    - blocks have been carved/smoothed with a technique so precise to be closely impossible to replicate nowadays.
    - there are no scratches so any rudimentary tool is to exclude (such chisel)
    - the precision of the work done on those blocks is actually possible to reach only through laser technology.
    - blocks have been positioned and mounted on other blocks with extreme precision.

If you are interested, there is much more to discover about Puma Punku and other impossibilities from the past from all over the world.
    Just google it and beware of trolls.

My question for you guys:
    how did ancient mankind manage to transport these huge blocks of stone weighting over 100 tons from quarries within 10 to 100 km. How did they manage to achieve this type of precision cuts and how did they place the blocks in such a perfect manner.

Just ending the thread before it starts. Have fun getting educated for anyone that watches the video.

And before anyone says to long didn't watch or some bullshit, the first thing they discuss in the documentary is Puma Punku

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    Disclaimer: I'm not here to tell you "ALIENS", because you will tell "ALIENS" by yourself.
    No I won't.

While interesting do you have any sources from credible places?

Not saying its all made up but it DOES sound like the exagerations from a non credible, non educated source.
    Cool if its not though...

How about some sources?
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    People had a lot of free time back then.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Neat!

Even so, pretty much all of the "it was aliens" theories are predicated on grossly underestimating the intellect of ancient people's. When someone says, "we can barely do this today!", I don't think, "well, shit, clearly ancient people couldn't have done it", I think, "well, yeah, human beings develop new technologies, but it's not like we could actually get any better at rock-cutting by hand - those guys were really good at it".

How about some sources?
    Monkeys will learn to fly before that request is met.

Not that much of a mystery...

"You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

- the precision of the work done on those blocks is actually possible to reach only through laser technology
    Oh come on.

Today's thread is brought to you by the letter H!

My question for you guys:
    how did ancient mankind manage to transport these huge blocks of stone weighting over 100 tons from quarries within 10 to 100 km. How did they manage to achieve this type of precision cuts and how did they place the blocks in such a perfect manner.
    People give humans so little credit. We're really good at building things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

+7 Internets for Tradewind for posting Louis CK and on topic.
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't judge the skills and determination of humanity by your own limitations.

People have this utterly silly notion that the human race were all monkey-brained morons up until the last few centuries. All this "impossible for ancient people to have made" is complete bollocks.

People 5000, even 50,000 years ago were just as intelligent and resourceful as people today. There is nothing about these ruins that's "impossible" for the people of the time to have made.

Hell, my local church was built 800 years ago using stone from the other end of the country. You don't hear people screaming "aliens built the church!"
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2015-01-21 at 12:20 AM.

Deleted
    Nice. Ancient people could make some awesome shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I can't build the Saturn V therefore moonhoax.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Not that much of a mystery...

Hate to ruin the joke, but it's a myth that the pyramids were built by slaves. They were built by highly skilled, paid artisans.

Apparently the Greek historian Herodotus wrote that they were built by slaves and that myth has persisted ever since. Thing is, Herodotus was from ~500BC and the pyramids were built ~2500BC. So it's kind of like us today writing about the life of Jesus.

+7 Internets for Tradewind for posting Louis CK and on topic.
    Hooray, more internets. Because I don't have enough of those already!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Hate to ruin the joke, but it's a myth that the pyramids were built by slaves. They were built by highly skilled, paid artisans.

Apparently the Greek historian Herodotus wrote that they were built by slaves and that myth has persisted ever since. Thing is, Herodotus was from ~500BC and the pyramids were built ~2500BC. So it's kind of like us today writing about the life of Jesus.
    Don't you ruin my moment.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    No I won't.
    I was thinking "a wizard did it".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Don't you ruin my moment.
    Don't worry, you can keep the internets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So it's kind of like us today writing about the life of Jesus.
    Dude can avoid my rose bushes while getting every single blade of grass along the edging. Its a goddamn miracle.
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I think that's a huge amount of why people mistake these things for being alien creations. It doesn't go much farther than, "well, I can't figure that out, and ancient people were stupid, so I know they couldn't!".