Poll: Traditional or CGI?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyani View Post
    I love traditional when done like this -

This is all hand drawn. Another good one is the movie redline.
    "Like other Japanese anime, The Garden of Words was created using a combination of hand-drawn animation, rotoscoping and computer animation (CGI), with the latter facilitating the realistic appearance of the film's rain sequences. Shinkai made the half of the film's backgrounds by using his photographs as a base and then drawing over the top with Adobe Photoshop, while the other half were fictional settings created with traditional animation and computer graphics. As with his other films, the backgrounds are vivid and meticulously drawn scenery while the characters are drawn with less detail, though they are still convincing and realistic."

10+ Year Old Account
    OP I know it's a classic and all, but Snow White is kinda boring, especially for a boy. Show him Aladdin, that was my go to when I was little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I was watching wall-e with my nephew the other day, one of my fav cgi animated kids movies. After that, i put on a dvd of snow white for him to watch, but by then he seemed more interested in banging the furniture with his toy tool set.

I started to wonder, with the advancement in CGI, in gaming, movies, tv and such, since those early days of bad cgi, its come a long way, and i realised, I could not remember what the last traditionally animated movie was I last saw. I think it might have been the princess and the frog, after that nothing else came to mind.

Buy regardless, we're at a time now where it seems traditional old style draw animation is slowly becoming a thing of the past, and CGI is overtaking it in all forms. With the exception of some tv shows, but even some of those seem to rely on using CGI in a lot of they design now, looking at the simpsons movie for example.

Anyway, simple question, do you miss the days of traditional animation and wise to see more, or do you like the advancement of cgi and fine with animation studios making movies only in this format now?

Edit: I didn't include stop-motion animated, because they are so few and far between, even gold nuggets like nightmare before christmas, Wallace and Gromit, Coraline or Robot chicken, and you don't see much of it now
    Traditional, all the way. So smooth, so impressive, much more soul. THough if done properly and not excessively, CG can work great. But so rarely is it ever done tastefully.

If you ever want the proof of how amazing traditional animation is, you should watch the Studio Ghibli movies. The smoothness of the animation and the soul of the movies is undeniable. It's something CG movies can never match.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyani View Post
    I love traditional when done like this -

This is all hand drawn. Another good one is the movie redline.
    That is incredible art! I need to watch that...