Deleted

Shadows of Revan as Preferred?

Hey guys, Just wondering how it'll be if im a preferred status and i buy Shadows of Revan. Is it doable or am i just punching a brick wall with the limitations?

Thanks btw im a returning player, got a 55 sentinel main, and im pretty casual (although like to level)

The XP restrictions will probably leave you at level 58, a lot of people didn't hit 60 with the content, because they had already cleared the Forged Alliances chain. If you didn't, you'd probably get to 58 range. If you did... maybe only 57. A sub gets 2+ levels just going through that sequence - 4 solo flashpoints basically.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I would personally recommend getting a few XP boosts and joining up with a Guild that has the full +10% xp bonus. Its certainly doable!

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    The XP restrictions will probably leave you at level 58, a lot of people didn't hit 60 with the content, because they had already cleared the Forged Alliances chain. If you didn't, you'd probably get to 58 range. If you did... maybe only 57. A sub gets 2+ levels just going through that sequence - 4 solo flashpoints basically.
    This ^

but if you were really worried about making 60 before the end and had already done (or still need to do the forged alliance quests) you can run old daily areas and get a fair amount of experience and credits before ever getting started on the new expansion story stuff.

I went back on one toon at 55 and ran most of the older dailies. It was a quick boost to midway through 56. I would imagine a preferred player would get near to 56 using exp boosts. A nice jump before starting the forged alliance flash point and then SoR.

Down side... you're still doing dailies. As a preferred you might have to do them at the end anyway if you don't make 60 during the expansion which is a possibility but reaching 60 is very doable as preferred without much headache. You may even want to do them for the basic comms anyway.

Are there any non-heroic Tactical Flashpoints between 55-59 at all? Or how about those dungeons you can do solo as part of the story, do they exist as group FPs for 55-59?

Quote Originally Posted by Pourekos View Post
    Are there any non-heroic Tactical Flashpoints between 55-59 at all? Or how about those dungeons you can do solo as part of the story, do they exist as group FPs for 55-59?
    You could probably consider Tactical as the new Normal mode for FPs at 55 and up. I think the only ones available after you reach level 56 are Blood Hunt and Battle of Rishi, though.

You can also do the Warzone weekly/dailies and GSF weekly/daily to help you level.
    Last edited by gamz247; 2015-01-22 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pourekos View Post

The new non-heroic tactical flash points are Battle of Rishi and Blood Hunt. The are 56-60 IIRC.

You can still run the old tactical flash points but Kuat in the group finder at 56. Kuat doesn't show up.

Kuat Drive Yards (lvl 15-54)

Czerka Corp. Labs (lvl 55)
    Czerka Core Meltdown (lvl 55)
    Korriban Incursion (lvl 55)
    Assault on Tython (lvl 55)
    Depths of Manaan (lvl 55)
    Legacy of the Rakata (lvl 55)

Blood hunt (lvl 56-60)
    Battle of Rishi (lvl 56-60)

and yes, you can run the new stuff as group content.

These 4 have tactical and HM levels.
    Korriban Incursion
    Assault on Tython
    Depths of Manaan
    Legacy of the Rakata

The 2 new ones currently only have tactical difficulty level but you can do them as a group if you want.
    Blood Hunt
    Battle of Rishi

HM for those 2 are supposed to come in 3.1

As a side note. If you are trying to complete the weekly for clearing 3 FP's as tacticals, the quest says level 55's count but so far they do not. If you want the daily reward as well you have to run 2 tacticals if you want the daily and weekly credit.

Once with everything checked and then once again with just battle of rishi and blood hunt as currently those 2 are the only ones counting toward the weekly even though the quest text says otherwise.
    Last edited by quras; 2015-01-22 at 06:47 PM.

Thanks for the answers to gamz and quras, it's much appreciated.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    This probably doesn't fit here too well, but guess I'll just ask. I've always liked the game a lot, always had all classes on max level (50 & 55) but quit shortly before they introduced the Galactic Starfighter (?) thing and didn't play since then.
    How is the content on lvl 60 - Is there stuff to do? Anything special I missed?
    Thanks!

Just regular sub (100% xp). Without using boost items.

How many hours to level from 55 to 60?

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Just regular sub (100% xp). Without using boost items.

How many hours to level from 55 to 60?
    For $20 you get about 6 hours of leveling per toon roughly but with guild bonus and legacy perks that can be shortened as well (not including EXP boost from packs)

I've been Preferred since I started 2 years ago, so while I can tell you how SoR has gone for me, I don't have any experience as a sub to compare it to.

The new content will give you 3 to 3.5 levels, so pick your poison: running Oricon/Czerka before you start, or extra dailies on Yavin once you finish.

I ended up doing some of both, to finish off my Oricon rep, then run Yavin for MK-10 components & rep. In 2 months, I've gotten 3 toons from 55 to 60, probably averaging 6-8 hours per week.
    Last edited by jkutswings; 2015-02-06 at 09:09 PM.

You missed.

Wait for double xp weekend.
    Problem solved.