Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    these threads quickly happen to go in one certain direction as already happened, so i do like to point out that this is not about atrocities only japanese people are capable of
    How did you take a post that lists a dozen atrocities that had nothing to do with Japan, quote that post, then pretend someone is saying Japan is the only one capable of atrocities? Nobody in this thread has made any such claim! Nobody is hating on the Japanese nation or people, just the specific people that did this.

So please stop with the emotional reaction and misquoting people.

Deleted
    At first I did not know of these things and thought that what Germany did to Jews was bad but then I started finding out of what the Japanese did in the conquered zones, the things the Germans did start to pale in comparison. Mass raping, torturing, murder, total destruction, enslaving, testing the survivability of humans (all ages, from children to elders) by cutting their arms/legs and seeing how much they can live more or by injecting viruses to see if they can treat them.
    The Japanese were inhumane, they were monsters, and many of them escaped with tiny prison sentences of 5-10 years because the japanese people supported making their prison time smaller and in the end they were classified as victims of war! VICTIMS OF WAR, they, the murders, the rapist and pillagers, they, victims of war?!

I'm a big fan of anime and manga. In the older stuff you find a lot more, I think it's called "sienen" or media for adult males 18+. Rape and extremely brutal rape is often portrayed in those. I don't know if it's a cultural thing but maybe.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    The Japanese war atrocities that ended with the end of the second world war are amongst some of the most cruel that have been recorded, possibly in part due to how it was easier to record things than it used to be.

I don't know why people are either defending this or pretending it didn't happen or even particularly shocked, it's essentially common knowledge to anyone who has looked into history of that region between 1900-1945.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    What makes you think that?
    Lack of proofs provided.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Summoner View Post
    I personaly am from a country
    Which country would that be?

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Judging from the comments I think I'll save this one for some nice before bed time reading...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    How did you take a post that lists a dozen atrocities that had nothing to do with Japan, quote that post, then pretend someone is saying Japan is the only one capable of atrocities? Nobody in this thread has made any such claim! Nobody is hating on the Japanese nation or people, just the specific people that did this.

So please stop with the emotional reaction and misquoting people.
    i was only explaining why i´ve asked the question he had answered, because this:

Quote Originally Posted by Valerean View Post
    I still hope to this day that this is a portion of the Japanese psyche we permanently scorched out of them at Hiroshima / Nagasaki.
    already came up in this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Mass raping, torturing, murder, total destruction, enslaving, testing the survivability of humans (all ages, from children to elders) by cutting their arms/legs and seeing how much they can live more or by injecting viruses to see if they can treat them.

they, victims of war?!
    Your list can be applied to german facilities, or soviet, and since US was on the winning side of conflict, they have a say about history classes. And we don't even have to go far back in history, what about countries where sharia law is applicable. American soldiers shooting civilians and laughing at how they are bleeding out. You'd never want to end up in the hands of a chechen soldier, you can't imagine how handy they can be with their torture methods unless you read about them. In Africa, they kill people by putting tires full of gasoline around people's necks and waists. And all of this is present. Right now, as you are reading this, there is a woman somewhere being cut, her unborn child taken out and nailed to her breast with a knife. The world is full of crafty monsters, however you must realize even you can become one given right circumstances.

And these circumstances are not that hard to come by, that is the creepy part of human nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Which country would that be?
    Slovakia.
    Last edited by mmoc1c1d6a1668; 2015-01-21 at 02:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    Lack of proofs provided.
    Japanese war atrocities are common knowledge, there is so much proof out there on the internet that it's not even funny. Japan have even admitted it. They haven't apologized, but they admitted it.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Slovakia.
    You don't really think your country never commited any atrocities or crimes, right? Especially AFTER WW 2 when what they were doing was completely unchecked and they killed quite a few of the German minority, attacked returning jews and robbed/killed them?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Japanese war atrocities are common knowledge, there is so much proof out there on the internet that it's not even funny. Japan have even admitted it. They haven't apologized, but they admitted it.
    Partly because they're raised to respect their veterans (regardless of what they do), they're a more polite society in general (which is a bit contradictory for lack of apologies), they're quite proud, and most of those fuckers or the ones who gave them orders are dead now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Actually it seems they're backing away from that position slowly but steadily. Common consensus seems to be that they were "victims" citing things such as the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings. The worst part is, people are buying it. Even in this thread you see people actually defending Japanese with "but the others" arguments or outright denying it.

Things like this are what convinces me, one should NEVER ever admit having done any wrong, always deny and plead innocent. Eventually people will start believing you. If you admit to anything, you'll never live it down and people will just assume what you did was even worse than to what you admitted. Kinda sad, really.

15+ Year Old Account
    Slovakia.
    uhm, a country that´s independent for only 22 years? not much time to commit atrocities
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    If you classify (at the time understandable, even if not acceptable) cases of discrimination against minorities as a war atrocity, then yes.

uhm, a country that´s independent for only 22 years? not much time to commit atrocities
    We did however exist in one form or another throughout the ages, even during WW2 as an independent state (by independent understand a state under german occupation), or as a part of Czechoslovakia. However my point still stands, even if it wasn't important in the discussion. What bugs me however is your need to point to whatever you can just to say something completely irrelevant.
    Last edited by mmoc1c1d6a1668; 2015-01-21 at 03:09 PM.

Deleted
    And they already did, not on the scale of some of the others but they're far from saints.

- - - Updated - - -

If you classify (at the time understandable, even if not acceptable) discrimination against minorities as a war atrocity, then yes.
    Shooting hundreds of people up to and including children, driving jews through cities who just returned to their homes beating them up and killing them and quite a lot of other stuff. Yes I would count that kind of thing as atrocities in the vein of what other nations did. Nowhere near to that number but then again the country is smaller and had less chances to commit these things on a larger scale.

Historically you're the same as everyone else, isn't that great?

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually it seems they're backing away from that position slowly but steadily. Common consensus seems to be that they were "victims" citing things such as the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings. The worst part is, people are buying it. Even in this thread you see people actually defending Japanese with "but the others" arguments or outright denying it.

Things like this are what convinces me, one should NEVER ever admit having done any wrong, always deny and plead innocent. Eventually people will start believing you. If you admit to anything, you'll never live it down and people will just assume what you did was even worse than to what you admitted. Kinda sad, really.
    It's a different culture, the idea of familial honour still pervades daily life to an extent very unfamiliar to western values. They can back away all they want, because they've already admitted it, newer generations tend to wake up anyway, and in this particular instance as newer generations come about that means the old ones are gone and it slowly fades in memory as that's what people do, we move on. It's still a fact in history textbooks around the world, and an indisputable one at that, with an overwhelming amount of evidence.

Deleted
    Merrin, the difference is still noticeable. Just have a look at the Axis for example and the way people from those countries are seen and treated nowadays. In general their approach seems to be way more self serving and effective to deal with a dark past. Pretend it didn't happen or outright ignore it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Merrin, the difference is still noticeable. Just have a look at the Axis for example and the way people from those countries are seen and treated nowadays. In general their approach seems to be way more self serving and effective to deal with a dark past. Pretend it didn't happen or outright ignore it.
    Yeah well that's their own problem. If they want to ignore their own history they're more than welcome, but that doesn't make it go away and it doesn't mean the rest of the world will forget. It's not necessarily a bad thing that they're trying to move on and be past it, because you don't want to and don't deserve to be known for something like that - as long as that sort of behaviour is not the norm. Germany seems to manage just fine. It's embarrassing to them and understandably so, and the relevance will fade with time. It's not like they're going to be doing it again any time soon...

Deleted
    The real question is: Why do we NEED to read this? What am I supposed to do with that info?
    Don't commit atrocities? Don't start wars? I really can't help what they did to others when I wasn't even born. Even right now, do you expect me to risk and sacrifice my life for strangers or do you think that writing a strong worded letter will make people stop beeing cruel?
    They don't give a fuck about morale or what I think about them, if they did they would not do such thing in the first place.