Thread: Well..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
    If people are this bad during their first game and don't realise that new players will take time before they pull off perfect MLG plays then I doubt it'll change.
    This is a MOBA, you can expect foul language and "blame gaming" in 85% of the games you play.

This is the internet.

How can you guys be so lucky with your games? At least a quarter of my games have had someone screaming in chat since the closed beta started.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
    Decided to buy in to the beta since I never get given the beta unless I somehow pay for it. Played 5 bot games before going into my first real 'PvP' game, enemy team got 5 levels ahead at the 8 minute mark and the only thing I saw after is the following;

"Omfg noober team i quit"
    "Bad team ever"
    "Why attack we lose just afk"
    "Omg F this stupid shit team"

Amazing game, fantastic community, 10/10.
    I guess then that the game has really become "puts on sunglasses" a new LoL.

Yeaaaaaaaah...
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

I stopped playing largely because of the teams/people as well, but I've been in since november. This seems like it could be an ok game if you have a good group of friends/guild to play with, but otherwise I just don't have the patience for random groups. (Also not into moba, but I figured I'd give it an honest attempt)
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

There's a massive influx of brand new players right now, so HotS in soloq is a little... uuuh... well, it's something, alright. Needs some time to settle down. In particular, needs some time before the new players stop playing it like it's LoL. Seen so many games lately where people just try to lane, staying in one lane for the entire game and never leaving.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    How can you guys be so lucky with your games? At least a quarter of my games have had someone screaming in chat since the closed beta started.
    I am not yelling, I am trying to help them if they seem lost instead. But people seem to have a really hard time reading the chat while playing for some reason..

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I am not yelling, I am trying to help them if they seem lost instead. But people seem to have a really hard time reading the chat while playing for some reason..
    My problem isn't the people who are new to the game, it's to be expected. My problem is the people who are new to the game who think they know what's best and refuse to take any constructive input to heart, and instead start CAPSlocking in chat. I've met quite a few of them.

Another group is the type of player who goes into hero league, instantly picking whatever favourite hero they like without regard for overall team composition, and then continues to slag off the rest of the team because we don't do well. It makes me sad, it really ruins my enjoyment of a game that I otherwise really like.

So far toxicity hasn't been much of a problem at all, which I think has quite a bit to do with the limited alpha/beta access until now. The broader the audience and the more mature the game gets the more jerks crop up.

Kind of a shame, wish it could stay the way it is forever. In the future I will probably default to my "play it with friends over voice chat or not at all" rule, vastly improves the experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, it's probably gotten a lot worse lately with the beta and now founder's pack. The population has grown substantially.

When I first started playing, there was a very small pool of people (<1000 on at any given time) and it's expanded quite a lot over the months. Things are generally better behaved in smaller groups because you might play with the same people repeatedly if they have similar active times or play a hero type frequently matches with your hero type. And since the early waves were mostly streamers, fan sites, and serious gamers, there was probably more incentive for them to act more professionally. So, yeah, I probably wasn't lucky... I was just playing with different people.

On the positive size of the increased population, I'll bet the verses games are less brutal now because there's a lot more "average joes" to balance out the people who game for a living (either pro players or streamers). Early on I played a few teams that were streaming the games and were obviously high quality players on premade teams that would just stomp the fuck out of us. Nowadays when I queue for a verses, I'm probably more likely to play with and be matched against people who are similar to my skill level.

But yeah, my sample is skewed to the alpha. I've only played a few vs matches since the game went to beta. Lately I've just been in the mood for laid-back coop.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    On the positive size of the increased population, I'll bet the verses games are less brutal now because there's a lot more "average joes" to balance out the people who game for a living (either pro players or streamers).
    That goes both ways. I had a 15 losing streak the other day...

Deleted
    My problem isn't the people who are new to the game, it's to be expected. My problem is the people who are new to the game who think they know what's best and refuse to take any constructive input to heart, and instead start CAPSlocking in chat. I've met quite a few of them.

Another group is the type of player who goes into hero league, instantly picking whatever favourite hero they like without regard for overall team composition, and then continues to slag off the rest of the team because we don't do well. It makes me sad, it really ruins my enjoyment of a game that I otherwise really like.
    I have played around 10-15 games today. And maybe 5 have typed or trying to comunicate. Annoying as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    That goes both ways. I had a 15 losing streak the other day...
    Yeah, but I'd rather lose because our whole team is mediocre than lose because the other team are gods among gamers.

At least with the former I feel like I got to play the game. The latter just feels like getting hit with a bat over and over again.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Usually in my games it's that ONE GUY who seems to be ignoring teamfights and off in lala land doing his own thing that costs us the matches :\
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Usually in my games it's that ONE GUY who seems to be ignoring teamfights and off in lala land doing his own thing that costs us the matches :\
    There's also the reverse of this - when we have a huge double-merc minion wave barrelling towards our fort, and I ping it and peel away to clear it out, and then my team runs off and picks a fight ten sec later (which they lose) - guess who gets the blame?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    It's like you're begging us to not take you seriously
    MOBA games are not tough. It's about timing and learning which buttons to hit.

Turning off new players by being a dick is also not great for any community. I prefer easy going people over the dickheads who go into elitist mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, those comments sound pretty funny.

been in hots alpha since closed f/f test. every time it opens a new.. stage. i stay away for a few weeks. to avoid the toxic behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    It's amazing how accurately you can judge something after one fucking game.

/sarcasm
    No matter what I am going to have to agree with this. One game is not enough to judge it. Give it ten games at least before reaching a conclusion as you will see those responses in a game every so often. I think out of the hundreds I've played since Alpha I've seen maybe a handful like that? If you think the comments are directed at you, or if you wanted, then why not ask them what went wrong and how to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    A lot of it depends on the hero. Especially pre-nerf Gazlowe was the one guy you wanted on your team to be off doing his thing, merc'ing lords, because it was a big boost of a push and on some maps help pushed a victory. Even now with the nerf I find merc'ing to be effective, but not as much as before. Not to mention that's his playstyle that I go, which helps the team. (Not all teamplay means you need to stick with your team the entire time) Sure I agree 90% of the time you have someone off on their own they don't know what they are doing. Though at the start of the match it can help squeeze out a little more XP quicker than they would. Which means faster lvl 4 talent that could sometimes help push out farther.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2015-01-23 at 02:45 AM.

Man I can not get enough of all the threads about how nice the Moba community is. From League of Legends, SMITE and HOTS its full of supportive people that enjoy the game they play with levels of respect and dignity that you could not find anywhere else.

Words That I Wish Were True.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

You will always have this kind of behavior in basically any multiplayer game with chat. Even on console games you just get flamed in a private message after a game. Best thing is just to ignore those people, and if it isn't directly aimed at you, stand up for the person it is aimed at. That will make that person feel infinitely better and you might even make some friends. In 90% of the cases I found these ragers to often be the worst player on the team themselves. I remember the day beta came out someone who had 2 games under their belt was telling me I had no idea how to play and should uninstall the game (I've been in alpha for months) because I didn't help him when he kept diving into 1v5's.