Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prem View Post
    I don't know - but the same happened in my main's guild where two raiders with the exact same kills got different boxes (literally the same kills - both had 100% attendance and only raided with the guild). I just think there's more to it than the 15 kills theory (which in all other regards seems to check out).
    Whatelse could it be, what you're saying makes no sense. Did they add an RNG on the mission saying after you complete 15 kills lets roll the dice to see what mission we give you? I highly doubt that. Kills that you are saved are still giving credit, so it is possible that one of those raiders killed more bosses to help out a friend or something and that increased their kills. It's hard to say but I can't think of anything other than kill count that would enable you to unlock one mission rather than the other so it makes no sense 2 people with absolute same progress getting different missions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Or they changed it in one of the past hotfix. Prem, when did this happen ? I've heard people talking about a tweet where a dev said they would take measures so we can't skip a difficulty entirely so maybe we have to get 1 normal cache before being able to get a HC cache which is also mandatory to get the myt cache.
    That doesn't check out either cause someone earlier said they had 8 kills in mythic HM and recieved a heroic BRF cache when they leveled their followers to 660.

Quote Originally Posted by Prem View Post
    I don't know - but the same happened in my main's guild where two raiders with the exact same kills got different boxes (literally the same kills - both had 100% attendance and only raided with the guild). I just think there's more to it than the 15 kills theory (which in all other regards seems to check out).
    Keep in mind that the level is locked for a mission once it appears on the mission screen. So one might have unlocked his HM mission before the 15th kill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Or they changed it in one of the past hotfix. Prem, when did this happen ? I've heard people talking about a tweet where a dev said they would take measures so we can't skip a difficulty entirely so maybe we have to get 1 normal cache before being able to get a HC cache which is also mandatory to get the myt cache.
    I did the HM mission on my alt 2 days ago. The guild one happened a week after HM opened - but admittedly it wasn't to me but a guildy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Keep in mind that the level is locked for a mission once it appears on the mission screen. So one might have unlocked his HM mission before the 15th kill.
    The heroic mission popped about 12 hours after the mythic one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bekro View Post
    Whatelse could it be, what you're saying makes no sense. Did they add an RNG on the mission saying after you complete 15 kills lets roll the dice to see what mission we give you? I highly doubt that. Kills that you are saved are still giving credit, so it is possible that one of those raiders killed more bosses to help out a friend or something and that increased their kills. It's hard to say but I can't think of anything other than kill count that would enable you to unlock one mission rather than the other so it makes no sense 2 people with absolute same progress getting different missions.
    We didn't see any reason for it either - the heroic cache went to the raid leader who if anything would've had more kills. A bunch of us got our caches the same reset with no further kills and all that had 15+ kills got mythic.

sorry if this question has been answered already, But when BRF comes out and i jump into heroics and get 21 kills.. will i be entitled for a mythic mission, or do io have to do something like 21N kills 21H kills in that order to unlock it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ma73 View Post
    sorry if this question has been answered already, But when BRF comes out and i jump into heroics and get 21 kills.. will i be entitled for a mythic mission, or do io have to do something like 21N kills 21H kills in that order to unlock it?
    It's unclear, some folks say blizz stated that you'll need to do more than 'just farm boss 1' to get mythic caches.

To be clear... AFAIK you cannot upgrade your followers to 660 iLvL until 6.1 and you need a couple at 660 to start getting BRF missions, right?

So, we should not be seeing any BRF follower missions until 6.1.

6.1 is almost assuredly not coming out on Feb 3rd and probably not the next week either. So, it could be two weeks (or more) before any missions unlock.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    Assuming it works like the old mission best plan would be:

Upgrade your full foundry follower team to 655 and make sure you have enough to bring them all up 5 ivls.

Go clear foundry with your guild, sit back and wait until everyone else reports the numbers,

Do whatever you need to unlock it

upgrade 2 guys to 660

upgrade last guy

100% mythic mission
    What if you have enough upgrade pieces to instantly upgrade every follower you have to 660? Not quite there but when 6.1 drops, which will probably be in a couple of weeks, I most definitely will.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    I'm not upgrading my followers until I have enough BRF HC kills to get Mythic cache's.

I'm collecting Follower upgrades atm from War Mill/Salvage and Call to Arms LFD Bags.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2015-02-01 at 02:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    To be clear... AFAIK you cannot upgrade your followers to 660 iLvL until 6.1 and you need a couple at 660 to start getting BRF missions, right?

6.1 is almost assuredly not coming out on Feb 3rd and probably not the next week either. So, it could be two weeks (or more) before any missions unlock.
    Interesting, no need to worry about it too much then, most people should start with heroic cache in that case since you have 2 weeks to kill plenty of bosses. The only question is, do we have to do normals just the same even tho we don't need gear so that we don't end up with the normal cache.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    What if you have enough upgrade pieces to instantly upgrade every follower you have to 660? Not quite there but when 6.1 drops, which will probably be in a couple of weeks, I most definitely will.
    Is that a question? You should google that and find out the answer tho, seems like a tough call, be sure to share your findings with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post

^^^ This! Was just talking to my GF about this the other day - by the time 6.1 is out (my guess is small chance at 2/10 but most likely 2/17) for most people who are worried about this it will be a moot point anyway.

The only question is, do we have to do normals just the same even tho we don't need gear so that we don't end up with the normal cache.
    I don't even have 15 normal kills in Highmaul and I got a mythic cache. My guess is BRF will be the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz will not be so dumb to bring patch 6.1 out with all that class changes in the middle of a WF race. So 6.1 will only come after the WF race is over, most probably end feb begining of march.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avedas View Post
    I don't even have 15 normal kills in Highmaul and I got a mythic cache. My guess is BRF will be the same.
    Ah, good to know. Someone earlier was saying they got normal cache even though they had 17+ heroic kills. I guess it's possible they unlocked it before they actually got the kills and didn't realise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    Blizz will not be so dumb to bring patch 6.1 out with all that class changes in the middle of a WF race. So 6.1 will only come after the WF race is over, most probably end feb begining of march.
    I've seen them do dumber things, but that seems like a logical assumption, probably end of Feb, I doubt the race will take longer than ~2.5 weeks.

Any news regarding brf boxes containing tier tokens or not ?

10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't check out either cause someone earlier said they had 8 kills in mythic HM and recieved a heroic BRF cache when they leveled their followers to 660.
    Unless they are talking about the PTR that person is either deliberately spreading misinformation or confused: it is currently impossible to level a follower past 655 on live.

The ability to increase their ilvl to 660 is going to be introduced in patch 6.1 for which there is no release date yet and has nothing at all to do with the release of the BRF raid: there is a blue post about this confusion on the front page of MMO-C today.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

15+ Year Old Account
    On a side note regarding followers: don't upgrade them to 655, stop at 654. It's a waste of items to up them 1 item level to the cap, given they jump on multiples of 3. Stay at 654 and be ready for a 6 levels jump as soon as 6.1 hits.
    Won't be hard to be honest, people working on followers will have 20+ at or over 650 by now. I'm getting to the point where I could literally sell tokens were they not BoP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by allatar View Post
    Unless they are talking about the PTR that person is either deliberately spreading misinformation or confused: it is currently impossible to level a follower past 655 on live.

The ability to increase their ilvl to 660 is going to be introduced in patch 6.1 for which there is no release date yet and has nothing at all to do with the release of the BRF raid: there is a blue post about this confusion on the front page of MMO-C today.
    He was talking about PTR obviously

Deleted
    I was the one getting a heroic highmaul mission a couple of days after having 17 hc bosses killed (including emp). I had already unlocked the highmaul missions 2 weeks before and completed a normal one. I am sure I only got the mission 2 days after having the 17 kills as I was checking every few hours

It is confirmed that BRF missions will only come in 6.1.

What is unclear is whether boss kills will already count towards te higher caches from scratch, or it will only count after 6.1...

10+ Year Old Account
    "Blackrock Foundry missions will become available after Patch 6.1 goes live."

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...-warcraftdevs/
    Violence awaits. You can burn with me in hell. Viva la hate!