10+ Year Old Account

Question Highmaul LFR looting woes.

This is a pretty simple question, really:

Is everyone a bit underwhelmed with the somewhat shoddy loot in Highmaul LFR compared to well itemized dungeon gear?

I play a Protection warrior, gearing largely for bonus armour, mastery and then critical strike because I much prefer to be as easy to heal as possible. I'm currently looking at three LFR items in my bag, two of which are 10 levels higher than what I'm wearing (the other four, due to my dungeon piece being Warforged), and I'm torn between equipping them and not equipping them. In the case of the helm, I'm trading critical strike and mastery for multistrike and versatility - which there's really no way I'm going to do. I'm generally happy with the different priorities for playing offensively or defensively but the helm that dropped, Crown of the Crags, seems to be itemized against itself as a result of this.

You might be wondering what the issue is. "Don't equip it then, Amulree". That's fair enough... But I'm also conscious of the fact that players in the group finder solely care about item level when picking you, and not whether you're actually better geared because of better itemization. Naturally I could just equip the shoddy pieces to meet the item level demands, then equip my real gear, but I suppose I'm wondering whether or not this is common with most classes and specs, or if it's just specific ones.

What are other people finding?

I'm afraid you won't find any sympathy here. Most will be glad to gear you are getting crap gear in LFR.

Personally about 75% of my Boomkin's gear has Mastery on it and all of that is from LFR or Garrison quests so I am satisfied with it. I just ran my first LFR with a Gladiator over the weekend so my results there may vary.

10+ Year Old Account
    The LFR highmaul gear is a bad "one sized fits all" design that doesn't really fit all and has useless specs on alot of the items for certain classes. You either take your poorly itemized purples or stick with heroic gear although honestly I just took the 640 stuff anyway to boost my ilevel since ilevel is all people care about these days anyway.

When you are super low item level, EH is the best stat. Equip the higher ilvl pieces for the stamina alone.
    Pew Pew Pow Pow Bam Pop Smack

First the gear from normal+ highmaul isnt itemized all that well either, but remember its an entry level raid for the expansion and blackrock foundry is where the tier sets and such enter in.

Second LFR is really just a way for someone that doesnt really raid to see content and get some minor rewards, the target audience of this difficulty level does not care about min/max or how well their gear is itemized. If you do care then maybe you should step up to normal as you are probably aiming to play at a higher level than LFR.

Since LFR is basically just an interactive cinematic and nothing at all like the actual raiding it should not have rewards anywhere near that of raiding. If you are not a pve player or raider then you are running it just to see the content and dont care how well the gear is itemized really. In that case you are the target audience and that is fine. If this bothers you, then you should step up to normal rather than running LFR b/c you are not the target audience, in this case LFR gear might be a stepping stone for you as you are starting normal, but its quickly replaced so you shouldnt worry too much about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonned View Post
    The LFR highmaul gear is a bad "one sized fits all" design that doesn't really fit all and has useless specs on alot of the items for certain classes. You either take your poorly itemized purples or stick with heroic gear although honestly I just took the 640 stuff anyway to boost my ilevel since ilevel is all people care about these days anyway.
    Ultimately, that's my issue in a nutshell.

"I'm sticking with my heroic gear because bonus armour and mastery are best for cushioning the damage I take; not haste and multistrike".

"lol ilevl 2 low".

Quote Originally Posted by TheIrish View Post
    Second LFR is really just a way for someone that doesnt really raid to see content and get some minor rewards, the target audience of this difficulty level does not care about min/max or how well their gear is itemized. If you do care then maybe you should step up to normal as you are probably aiming to play at a higher level than LFR.
    Not really, bud. I might try and do some normal via the group finder, but that's where my problem comes in. I suppose the argument of whether it matters or not falls to who it matters to. Maybe only me. I just have a philosophical issue with going for a purple item, just because it's purple, when something slightly worse (but better itemized) is actually better for my TDR.

But it does seem that most people are saying the same thing, as I mentioned it tonight to some of the folks in trade. LFR gear just seems to have stats randomly slapped onto it because nobody will really care that much beyond the item level boundaries. To be honest, given the target audience, I suppose that's fair enough.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Highmaul just has a ton of awful pieces. Doesn't help that LFR gear has been watered down to shit either.
    Nice thing about heroics was, if you did them enough you'd eventually get good stat combos and be good to go. LFR doesn't have random loot like that.