Breaking the PVP 4 piece for Mythic Gear?

I was able to obtain a mythic chest piece through my garrison missions yesterday. At the time I was using the PVP set pieces, specifically the helmet, shoulders, chest, and gloves.

Right now my character sims higher now that I've broken the four piece.

Is this the case now, after they nerfed it a little while back? My sim showed roughly a 500 dps~ give or take increase. However I'm still hesitant, is all.

Now that the four piece is broken, I am pretty much open to just start replacing the 660 pieces with heroic gear, I'm assuming, correct?

Thank you so much for the help. I'd try to figure things out on my own but I'm not very sim-savy. I only really understand the basics and not so much under the hood stuff of it.

My armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...istaris/simple

Still hoping to find out a bit of information!

On a patchwerk style fight through sims, with the four piece PVP set, I'm simming @ 28,259, and replacing the chest piece alone with a mythic chest, I sim @ 28,765. Roughtly 500 or so DPS increase.

Is this wrong? Not quite sure if I'm doing something wrong in the actual program or not, as I'm not too experienced using it. I was under the impression that the four piece would carry through blackrock foundry, as I don't really raid mythic at all, at least at this point in time.

Thank you all!

The pvp set bonus got a big nerf to the % dmg and the duration it's not better than mythic highmaul gear now (let alone mythic brf).

The duration nerf really hurt using SW/Sera or SW/FV, try sim'ing with DP/FV or HA/FV instead as you need more frequent finishers to keep the buff up, that's probably the best case scenario for it now.
    Last edited by RagnorZ; 2015-01-26 at 04:29 AM.

Thanks for the reply! I figured the nerf hit it kind of hard.

Guess I can start equipping 670 gear now at least, lol.

I'm really not sure about this to be honest, and the reason I say that is because for myself atleast the PvP 4 set with 660 gear beats two Mythic pieces (Helm and chest) BoE 665 shoulders and 670 gloves. The PvP set sims 200 DPS higher, so I'm not entirely sure why or how for someone with lower ilevel gear yours would sim as a DPS gain unless...

When was the last time you dowloaded Simcraft?