Deleted

How about a glyph for ghost wolf to fix mobility?

We can all agree that elemental mobility is somewhat lacking (and Blizzard admitted as much). We can also agree that lightning bolt castable on the move is too big of a fix in the current paradigm (would bring shamans from least mobile caster to most mobile caster).

How about this?

Glyph of the ghost bolt
    Your Ghost Wolf no longer increases movement speed and has a 40 second cooldown, however, it now allows you to cast lightning bolt while moving for 5 seconds after activating. Deactivating Ghost wolf before it expires reduces its cooldown based on the remaining duration when deactivated. Also removes the global cooldown on Ghost wolf and allows it to be cast during lightning bolt.

The idea is that your ghost wolf turns into a miniature SWG/Ice Floes combination, but just for lightning bolt. you can also choose to deactivate it early in case you have moved enough.

Thoughts?

There's already Spiritwalker's Grace and Glyph of Spiritwalker's Focus. I don't think the devs would consider making a glyph and that would turn Ghostwolf into a spell that basically mimics an existing spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is how mobility got out of hand in the first place. Blizzard starts to give an inch and by the time they are done everyone has a mile.

That said, I think all casters should have at least SOME mobility. Its all over the place right now. Some are barely untouched from MoP while others cant move at all. They need some kind of balance across the board. Either that or take away some of the melee gap closers. I don't see that happening though.

I hate that they admit yet they do nothing. Damnit.. Shitty developers

10+ Year Old Account
    I apologize but this just sounds really awkward to use. I was expecting you to come out and say that the Glyph turns Ghost Wolf into a sort of pseudo-Displacer Beast for us but I guess not.

Regarding my views on mobility: they need to remove the sprint we gain from Unleash Elements and then redesign Tier 3 (Level 45). I have a pretty good idea of what we should get that I've written below but with additional points such as Glyph of Ghost Wolf staying as a Major Glyph, Spirit Walk staying as the Enhancement-specific gap closer and Thunderstorm's cooldown being reduced from 45 sec to 25 sec. This leaves us to chop-and-change Glyph of Ghost Wolf with other glyphs dependent on composition to keep it interesting. As many Glyphs there are that we need to be baseline, we wouldn't have any if that were the case. Meanwhile, Enhancement gets to keep their specialization-specific gap-closer and Elemental's ability to create windows for itself is increased.

Talent 1: Elemental Acuity - Your successful Shock spells increase your movement speed by 30% for 3 sec.
    Talent 2: Phase Shift - Teleports the Shaman 20 yards forward phasing him/her out of the material world, activating Ghost Wolf and reducing damage taken by 60% for 3 sec. diminishing in effectiveness by 20% every sec. 30 sec cooldown.
    Talent 3: Spirit Tether - You tether your spirit to a totem, leaving your spirit behind for 5 min. Use Spirit Tether: Recall to recall your body back to its spirit. 30 sec cooldown.

Reasoning: These talents are strong and beneficial to us, while being unique in that we can only use one at a time. Elemental Acuity removes the need for the Unleash Elements perk, turning our Shock abilities into a mock-Long Arm of the Law and giving Restoration the chance at a small sprint. Phase Shift acts similar to Displacer Beast but instead of an additional 50% movement speed increase for 4 seconds there's a damage reduction defensive component that diminishes over time. Spirit Tether works similar to Transcendence which Monks have, but instead of simply switching locations with your spirit like what happens with that ability, your tethered totem is destroyed and you have to re-summon it at a new location.

As far as balance is concerned, these aren't overpowered and fit just right into our class theme. Cooldowns could be adjusted but apart from that it gives us a good choice while also being fun.

Aside from the awkwardness of this, I think you'd have a much better chance of persuading Blizzard to give you a way to make up for DPS lost while moving through some kind of buff gained during movement that is discharged after the fact.

Static Charge
    You shuffle your feet while moving, gaining 1 stack of Static Charge every 3 seconds. Each spell cast will consume 1 stack of Static Charge and gain X% additional Multistrike chance. Maximum 3 charges.

Obviously, it would require refinement/tuning, but it would allow you to recoup some DPS without destroying Blizzard's goal of reducing your DPS output while moving.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    Aside from the awkwardness of this, I think you'd have a much better chance of persuading Blizzard to give you a way to make up for DPS lost while moving through some kind of buff gained during movement that is discharged after the fact.

Static Charge
    You shuffle your feet while moving, gaining 1 stack of Static Charge every 3 seconds. Each spell cast will consume 1 stack of Static Charge and gain X% additional Multistrike chance. Maximum 3 charges.

Obviously, it would require refinement/tuning, but it would allow you to recoup some DPS without destroying Blizzard's goal of reducing your DPS output while moving.
    Do we get a cool new dance animation to boot?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post

Static Charge

Issue is this is just a flat buff for us, so they would have to nerf us standing still to give us this. I could see that being the case, and I wouldn't mind a Sniper Training-esk spell myself, but it would definitely come with a nerf to how we already stand for them to implement this.