Please help me maximize my dps

Hello I have come to a wits end in regards to maximizing my rogue's dps. I play sub. and try to stay up to date on new methods to do more damage. Below is a link to The Butcher on heroic. I did 33k dps with i think ~670 ilvl. This is what i thought a perfect pull. I have since been unable to reach this number but i feel this 33k could be higher.

Im requesting you "Pro Logger" readers out there to scrutinize me as much as you please. I wish to improve and I can take constructive criticism.

Believe my opener was premed > SnD > Prepot > ambush > low Rupture > top off nrg > coin / SR / Dance > Rupture > ambush etc

warcraftlogscom
    /reports/yBXJKCrT1vN32zYP#fight=4

I apologize for the inability to post links, please see what i put and copy and paste it into your address bar <3<3 i thankyou for any help i receive.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    If you Sim out your gear with Simcraft what DPs does it show you should be able to output? I can't look at logs right now but 33k DPs doesn't seem too low.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're doing fine from what I can see, regarding your opener you should hit SR before your first rupture, it will duplicate it for the duration of the cooldown.

You might also consider using a greater gem for that socket, but I can understand not wanting to waste your gold on that.
    Last edited by Nihrd; 2015-01-22 at 12:11 AM.

using shadowcraft i sim at near 30.5k dps. It is just really frustrating , i feel like im trying to squeeze every single number out that i can just to compete.. I must have too low multistrike.
    As for the opening rupture, i put it up right after ambush to get buffs rolling, during the pool b4 i use coin/sr/dance. downside to this is when i pop cd's i am forced to ambush for combo points to apply the SR rupture.

I may need to consider an alternate opener..

7+ Year Old Account
    I Premed>SnD>PrePot>Ambush>Hemo>SR>Rupture>Shadow Dance Etc

I'll give that a go tonight, thanks

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ididthatforyou View Post
    using shadowcraft i sim at near 30.5k dps. It is just really frustrating , i feel like im trying to squeeze every single number out that i can just to compete.. I must have too low multistrike.
    As for the opening rupture, i put it up right after ambush to get buffs rolling, during the pool b4 i use coin/sr/dance. downside to this is when i pop cd's i am forced to ambush for combo points to apply the SR rupture.

I may need to consider an alternate opener..
    If your pulling more than 2.5k over shadowcraft I think you are doing really well. I'm my experience shadowcraft usually over estimates by 1-2k. For openers I'm going to throw out the one I have been using if you want to try that out. Premed, garrote, snd, ambush, ambush, sr, rupture, SD. Gets sv up asap and snd up after your first energy spend and feels really smooth IMO.

Deleted
    Market for Death -> Slice and Dice -> Pré-pot -> Garrote+Premed -> ShadowDance+ShadowReflection+Coin -> Ambush -> Rupture -> Ambush -> Ambush -> etc...

worldoflogs.com/reports/oiiehq0sbswahy6e/
    I'm almost always over what ShadowCraft is saying. Saddly i can't record butcher but i was at 35k after 3mins and with BFury at 40%.

This opener gaves you :
    - full Slice and Dice, so you don't need ton refresh it during the first ShD and Vanish.
    - full benefits from Master of Subtlety, because with Subterfuge it extends Master of Subtlety during all ShD (+15% damage).
    - full benefits from your trinkets and 690 ring, mostly because they trigger at the opener.

Don't use Hemo while under Find Weaknesses. And on logs i see your potion used after a FindWeaknesses... Between two Vanishs, try to use it during Shadow Dance instead.
    Last edited by mmocb42723eb5b; 2015-01-22 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayanaelle View Post
    Market for Death -> Slice and Dice -> Pré-pot -> Garrote+Premed -> ShadowDance+ShadowReflection+Coin -> Ambush -> Rupture -> Ambush -> Ambush -> etc...

worldoflogs.com/reports/oiiehq0sbswahy6e/
    I'm almost always over what ShadowCraft is saying. Saddly i can't record butcher but i was at 35k after 3mins and with BFury at 40%.

This opener gaves you :
    - full Slice and Dice, so you don't need ton refresh it during the first ShD and Vanish.
    - full benefits from Master of Subtlety, because with Subterfuge it extends Master of Subtlety during all ShD (+15% damage).
    - full benefits from your trinkets and 690 ring, mostly because they trigger at the opener.

Don't use Hemo while under Find Weaknesses. And on logs i see your potion used after a FindWeaknesses... Between two Vanishs, try to use it during Shadow Dance instead.
    I've read somewhere that using marked for death for slice and dice prepull is a dps loss over using marked for death inside your first shadow reflection. I guess using marked for death pre pull makes your opener a lot more comfortable, though.