Discussion: Jhazrun Style of Holy Healing

Looking to have a discussion with people more familiar with this style of healing. From my understanding, it is used optimally when there is only 1 priest in the raid. The healing style consists of keeping renews rolling and refreshing them with a combination of Glyphed PW:S, Glyphed Binding Heal, and PW: Serenity.

Anyone familiar with this play-style that can shed more insight? Do you just keep CoH on CD, keep Renews rolling on the raid with the above methods, and then just Cascade/PoM for filler? How effective of an HPS increase do you find this play style to have (given the higher skill cap)?

Anyone who has used this play style please share some details with your experience, thank you!

It's pretty mana intensive, Jhaz usually used the spirit trinket with haste use and the spirit, haste, vers off imp. With that said I don't think you use CoH unless needed. The HPS I have found is not great, it's really hard to parse as well as Jhaz with it but he has had a lot of practice. It's not all about parsing high, the spec allows big single target heals on low targets for triage while rolling renew for raid heals oh and they did have a disc priest, he was not the only priest healer.

IIRC you just blanket renews and then use Binding Heal + Serenity + glyphed PWS to keep them refreshed. And hit CoH on cooldown, of course.

Has there been anything to suggest he's doing that in warlords? Holy is remarkably different from what it played like in SoO.

Quote Originally Posted by Aparthia View Post
    Has there been anything to suggest he's doing that in warlords? Holy is remarkably different from what it played like in SoO.
    From what I understand he/she (dont think anyone outside of Paragon knows?) is using this chakra.
    Worth noting that this playstyle will only see its true strength when renew and mastery hot is able to tick for a while. This makes it particularly strong on progression but only when you undergear the content and there is a reasonable amount of raid healing required.
    Additionally, in these circumstances mastery becomes much more valuable as a stat.

In the perfect circumstances and with a very high level of skill I'd wager this is the best performing spec currently in the game.
    It is very hard to maximize its full potential, or even get close to it. With lots of practice it can be very rewarding.

Its quite fun to play regardless of its weaknesses outside of progression though.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be taking clickable lightwell over pw:s glyph. Takes a lot of coordination to use as a raid CD but 50% increased healing is quite a bit when used efficiently.
    Guardian spirit and spirit of redemption modifying glyphs have their place too.
    Last edited by appro; 2015-01-22 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by appro View Post
    From what I understand he/she (dont think anyone outside of Paragon knows?) is using this chakra.
    Based on what? Their logs are private and he's not showing his PoV during their kill videos.

Based on what? Their logs are private and he's not showing his PoV during their kill videos.
    Based on the fact that he was using the shield glyph during all of their kills.

Tried it last week and the Serenity style of healing is only effective if your raid doesn't over heal and if there's raid healing needed for extended periods. I also don't see it working too well if there's already a Disc Priest in the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstorm View Post
    Based on the fact that he was using the shield glyph during all of their kills.
    Again what do you have to show that he did?

Deleted
    Again what do you have to show that he did?
    In the last month or so whenever i went to his armory (yes i am a fanboy) he always had glyph of biding heal and glyph of power word shield for holy.
    Unless he actually unequips those before every raid and puts them on after every raid i think its pretty fair to assume he is using those.

It's not unheard of that top guilds are trying to confuse you by logging out in bizarre gear, so if all you have is 'he logged out with the glyph active', that's a really weak logic. You have nothing to show that he actually use it in combat.
    Last edited by Aparthia; 2015-01-22 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by appro View Post
    he/she (dont think anyone outside of Paragon knows?)
    He is male. You can ask him on #paragon irc channel. He will answer your questions if he is online.

It's not unheard of that top guilds are trying to confuse you by logging out in bizarre gear, so if all you have is 'he logged out with the glyph active', that's a really weak logic. You have nothing to show that he actually use it in combat.
    well if you look at their mythic kill video, you see serenity being cast. but yes, there is no obvious evidence that he was only using yellow chakra. it's completely possible and not weird in any way to switch chakra depending on the situation, esp now when its not nearly as punishing.

also you have a good point, its alot harder to manage renew refreshes now due to:
    1. Changes to Cascade
    2. Fix to bug mechanisms - Renew followup after Heal doesn't refresh renew to non-glyph times +additional tick (~16s)
    3. Changes to Haste (you are not able to get renew to last ~14-15s via 16.66% haste - the first break point to extend duration the longest after refresh with the additional tick; or 50% haste - 2 additional ticks with longest duration extension, which was possible in SoO), now it simply stays at 12s no matter haste.
    4. Rapid renewal doesn't give auto 1s gcd on renew, and realistically we will never get 1gcd on renew again with how good multistrike is.

That being said, things that make it easier is that BH is unfathomably cheap compared its MoP counterpart (healing is lower but all we care is cleave heal and serendipity) and pw:s is actually worth casting as holy in terms of mana efficiency and helps with renew management.

I'm not sure whether developers are aware of alternative playstyles and actively enforce it. Pretty sure, jhazrun solo heal on garry kill sure sparked some interest - renew sure is in the spotlight these days.

Deleted
    It is incredibly strong on Butcher. I tried this on our mythic kill this week and i found it to be incredibly good. Because of how the fight works 2x Bindings into 1x Prayer will be very strong on your cleave groups, meanwhile keeping your renews rolling. Also having throwing out Holy Word Serenitys when off cd is pretty neat.