Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Arms nerf, Jan. 21 hotfix

Quote Originally Posted by January 21 hotfixes
    Warrior
    Arms
    Mastery: Weapons Master’s effects were overtuned and have been reduced in effectiveness by 18%. The mastery remains significantly stronger than before and is still 29% more powerful than prior to the hotfix from January 12.
    Guess this might make Fury the de facto butcher spec again?
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2015-01-22 at 01:58 AM.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thats unfortunate that they didn't reallocate the damage to somewhere else.

So this is a big enough issue to hotfix, but hunter traps wait until 6.1? Makes sense.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, that's sad.

mmm sad indeed, wish Fury didn't have so much tied into crit procs. bloodthirst crit gives raging blow, crit gives more rage and now with the new tier sets we can now pray that ragingblow crits for more raging blows. Here's hoping BRF has enough crit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    mmm sad indeed, wish Fury didn't have so much tied into crit procs. bloodthirst crit gives raging blow, crit gives more rage and now with the new tier sets we can now pray that ragingblow crits for more raging blows. Here's hoping BRF has enough crit.
    It's not as tied as it once was.
    BT has flat bonus crit chance instead of doubling crit, and Haste lowers its cooldown. Haste also helps proc Sudden Death more often and gives you more Rage.
    Not sure where your concern comes from. It's a playstyle.
    If anything I'm sad Fury's "store -> unleash gameplay with Colossus Smash" was replaced with a more whack-a-mole one.

As for the thread subject, it's not a nerf if it was overbuffed.
    You still got a buff compared to before - just smaller.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2015-01-22 at 05:46 AM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

you don't see the bad in having every single one of your other abilities gated by a single spell? no crit bloodthirst means no raging blow, also means no rage so no wildstrikes and soon will mean that you don't get a chance at another raging blow from the tier bonus (which also requires you to crit). Results can vary wildly on dps purely by chance, get unlucky during execute phase? welp there goes the biggest chunk of your dmg.

In MoP the crit from items was there to support it, it sure is a playstyle, but it's either amazing fun critting every chance possible or super frustrating seeing your dps plummet from bad rng, not much room for a middle ground.

So even though Arms isn't what it use to be I hope it stays competitive for all aspect of a PvE fight not just cleave/aoe. The only gripe I have with Arms is using WW as a rage dump as it creates situations where I am unable to rage dump without cleaving.
    Last edited by Ryanite; 2015-01-22 at 05:26 AM.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    you don't see the bad in having every single one of your other abilities gated by a single spell? no crit bloodthirst means no raging blow, also means no rage so no wildstrikes and soon will mean that you don't get a chance at another raging blow from the tier bonus (which also requires you to crit). Results can vary wildly on dps purely by chance, get unlucky during execute phase? welp there goes the biggest chunk of your dmg.

In MoP the crit from items was there to support it, it sure is a playstyle, but it's either amazing fun critting every chance possible or super frustrating seeing your dps plummet from bad rng, not much room for a middle ground.

So even though Arms isn't what it use to be I hope it stays competitive for all aspect of a PvE fight not just cleave/aoe. The only gripe I have with Arms is using WW as a rage dump as it creates situations where I am unable to rage dump without cleaving.
    My DPS as Fury is pretty static over all attempts at a given boss. It's really not nearly as crappy RNG as people make it out to be.

As fury i outperform any arms warriors in my guild so i dont see any problem with its rng issues u talking about,im not even top geared around 670 and its working fine,sure sometimes i get a 2 consecutive non crit bloodthirst but thats not such a big issue as ppl are saying it is

15+ Year Old Account
    you don't see the bad in having every single one of your other abilities gated by a single spell?
    Not when you can easily get enough Haste to lower its cooldown to a point where you get to cast it 3 times during its own Enrage with over 50% crit chance.

Perhaps BT could have "Crit chance is increased by 30% plus Haste." instead of its cooldown scaling with Haste.
    Alternatively (or combined with the above), I would make it store up to 2 charges (recharge instead of cooldown).

The one change I really thing was sad was removing Colossus Smash from Fury (it could also proc Enrage, by the way).

That's why Blizzard made BT get a flat crit bonus instead of doubling your crit and let Haste lower its cooldown.
    But yeah, a lot of cooldown based stuff (Storm Bolt comes to mind) that critting or not, specially during Recklessness - seem to make or break your end dps.

I hope all specs stay competitive.
    I think Arms vs Fury shouldn't be all about Cleave vs ST, but rather playstyle vs playstyle, with both good at cleave & ST.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2015-01-22 at 05:45 AM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Was expected. Still, I would rather play arms. If it will be at least middle of the pack ST before execute phase - I'm golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    I hope all specs stay competitive.
    I think Arms vs Fury shouldn't be all about Cleave vs ST, but rather playstyle vs playstyle, with both good at cleave & ST.
    I agree that would be nice, but as it is, Fury's cleave (and AoE in general) is total crap. It doesn't even come close to arms on fights like Tectus, Twins, and Brack. All you have to do is look at warcraftlogs to see that is the case. And unless there is some crazy overhaul of Fury's AoE mechanics, it's going to stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulrezaj View Post
    I agree that would be nice, but as it is, Fury's cleave (and AoE in general) is total crap. It doesn't even come close to arms on fights like Tectus, Twins, and Brack. All you have to do is look at warcraftlogs to see that is the case. And unless there is some crazy overhaul of Fury's AoE mechanics, it's going to stay that way.
    At least on tectus I see reasonably high fury logs.
    But well giving their tuning goals for warriors it was clear that having great single target right up there with other top patchwerk classes wasn't going to last.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulrezaj View Post
    Fury's AoE is far from crap, of course it will look that way when you compare it to Arms which is easily in the top 2-3 AoE specs in the game, however with Meat Cleaver and Bladestorm fury still have very strong AoE capabilities.

Deleted
    I raided as Arms last night without noticing too big a of a performance decrease tbh. 30k on Butcher hc and 37k on Koragh hc, a few 400k executes. I'll probably stick with Arms ST unless the 6.1 class changes mess something up.

Any numbers available how "hard" this change hits arms dps?

Deleted
    Hope arms are crap with more crap now... So i can get back to fury ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by Tgee View Post
    Hope arms are crap with more crap now... So i can get back to fury ASAP!
    Here's a thought: just respec to fury then without wishing arms spec to be crappy to justify it.

Deleted
    The fact is, The Mastery buff initially was too much. It had PvP implications.

You weren't gonna get that 18% put elsewhere. You're still + 29% on your original Mastery effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    The fact is, The Mastery buff initially was too much. It had PvP implications.

You weren't gonna get that 18% put elsewhere. You're still + 29% on your original Mastery effect.

Strange thing is 29+18 is not 57 for me? it is 47