Struggling as Disc, Advice?

Hi guys, I just feel like I'm plateau'ed as a disc priest and I'm not getting better, and on Heroic Imp, we're dying and I feel like it's at least partially the healing.

If someone has some time, could they take a quick look at this?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&fight=30

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Azcora/simple

I really have no idea what I'm doing wrong or could do better. All 6 imperator wipes, I'm right around 30k HPS, and I'm curious whether I'm doing something just fundamentally wrong.

Thanks!

15+ Year Old Account
    Your other healers seem bad.
    Those shamans are low and both you and the druid could do better. You can't run 4 healers and have that low hps.
    On our fist hc imperator kill our druid was on 37k hps and i was at 35k.
    Get a paladin healer on top of the others.

You have only 13 Cascade casts in over 11min? Penance is under 10%. You're shielding a lot, but can't blame you. However my PW:S is usually between 38% and 50%. Depending on the situation. Is the tank or raid healing an issue?
    Pop channeled mana pot just as the first or second intermission starts (depending on your mana). Spam Clarity of Will on the tank before the reaver is active.
    Try to pre shield people who get arcane wrath and focus the tanks. Let the others heal the rest.

We had our first kill of Imperator HC on this Tuesday. I was disc and we 4-healed 19man raid. Take a look on my logs (But cast prayer of healing less unless you have best possible mana gain option or you will run oom).

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/gdwt7...s=9598&e=10268

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...3#type=healing

Deleted
    You can also make use of empowered Archangel on the force novas, I usually just use it on the melee after it's hit them. The fight relies on your healers having a cooldown rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Your other healers seem bad.
    Those shamans are low and both you and the druid could do better. You can't run 4 healers and have that low hps.
    On our fist hc imperator kill our druid was on 37k hps and i was at 35k.
    Get a paladin healer on top of the others.
    You do realise it's a 13 man raid, right? 4 healers for 13 man is heavy overkill, doing 30k hps there is actually reasonable since there's so much "competition" for the healing done.

Our first HC Imp kill was 3 healers for 13 man, and second was 3 healers for 15 - it's quite comfortable when people don't take unnecessary damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potta View Post
    You do realise it's a 13 man raid, right? 4 healers for 13 man is heavy overkill, doing 30k hps there is actually reasonable since there's so much "competition" for the healing done.

Our first HC Imp kill was 3 healers for 13 man, and second was 3 healers for 15 - it's quite comfortable when people don't take unnecessary damage.
    Yeah, my bad for not noticing it.
    But still, ours wasnt that larger, we were 15-17, can't remember exactly, but that's only a few more.

So I just looked at a few things quickly. It looks like your healers are using their external defensive CDs rarely. Over the course of your attempts, iron bark was only used I think 8 times total. That's a 1 minute CD that is a decent damage reduction on the tanks. And you only used PS once all night. I always try to save it for our warrior because he gets trucked.

I also see you were using WoM all night. It strikes me as an odd choice because of your comp. With a druid and 2 shamans, raid healing shouldn't be an issue at all. The free healing from a PoM wouldn't be much of a benefit. I would have ran with CoW to help stabilize the tanks. Just my input.

Here is the logs from our kill this week.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/tJZ27fKQrnPxCAkm#fight=8

Few things i do to maximize myself
    -Always PW:S the player with branded
    -I like to have Empowered AA up during the Aberration spawn
    -use Power Infusion as much as you can making sure it up during the phase transitions
    -Pair PI with Empowered AA during the adds dying during the phase changes
    -Put all melee in groups 1&2 and make sure to keep them shielded before nova go out in all phases
    -Cast cascade about 5 seconds after Aberration spawn
    -Solace on CD with occasional smite so have 5 stacks of Evangelism for Aberration spawn

Thank for all the replies so far. It's frustrating to me because I've played a DPS my entire wow "career" and I always knew exactly how to improve, but as a healer I am so lost.

Looks like CoW will have to be the choice. I read random guides on mmo champ and people suggest WoM but absolutely I should've taken my healing comp into account.

My AA usage is really haphazard. Usually I hit it prior to 5 stacks or just for a single cascade or something. I'll be more cognizant of its usage.

How would you suggest using external CD's more effectively? I've always gone with letting the tanks call for a CD, but you're right that I should be a bit more proactive.

Thanks for the list of specific things Nahdu! I doubt I'd be able to implement all of them at the same time, some things I already do (like shielding branded and basically using solace on CD - at least in the half of the fight where my mana wasn't 100%), but it's nice to have a list of things that I can work and improve on.

I call healing CDs as Follows:
    Phase 1:
    -Tranq during first abberation/nova, this is not needed but it saves the other healers mana as this is a long fight
    Transition 1:
    -nothing
    Phase 2: Nothing
    Transition 2:
    -Priest bubbles on melee while adds go down
    -Spirit link in ranged while adds go down
    -Tranq when raid reaches 50 or 60%
    Phase 3:
    -Healing Tide Totem during add if needed
    -Possible revival as well if we have it/need it
    Transition 3:
    -Same as transition 2
    -Edit: I also pain sup the tank here, followed by iron barn from a druid. We stack the reaver on one of the warmages and kill them both at the same time. I just listen for the tank to call when he runs outs of cds.
    Phase 4:
    -Devo Aura/Mage Amp when raid drops below 50%
    -HTT if needed
    Last edited by Nahdu; 2015-01-22 at 03:47 PM.