Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    A year or two ago I said to myself that ESO and Wildstar would prove once and for all whether sub-based models are viable outside of WoW.

I'd say 50% of that is answered.
    Well. FFXIV is pay to pay and has been so since August 27th 2013 and is doing very well with around 2.6 million players atm. And a new expansion coming out this spring.

I was pretty excited seeing the words "ESO dropping subscription", as then it would be worth playing (as there's an expansive in-game shop as it is). But then I saw the premium membership. I can understand faster leveling, but more gold? Wouldn't that impact not only the in-game economy, but also allow people to purchase items that could seem advantageous? I was also unaware that there was DLC being released that needed to be purchased, alongside initial purchase and subscription and in-game shop.

Never have I seen an MMO be so greedy with it's players, quality regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    The new ESO system seems reasonable for the quality of the game. I think Bethes overestimated the success of ESO and now they are finally brought back down to the reality of their situation.
    Bethesda didn't make the game, though. They've been working on the next single player Elder Scrolls.

Well I was expecting that. Almost reversing warrior buffs haha. Guess making warriors be above the middle of the pack is going to be a dream. Oh well. I'll have to decide on my 2nd toon to focus on aside from my hunter main and it's pretty close to the DK but I do enjoy ret too. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Haha over the years its been fun seeing how every big title coming in with ambition and not making through the first mile, simply because they all try to immitate instead of innovate, my respect to Blizzard grows with each passing minute

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    The new ESO system seems reasonable for the quality of the game. I think Bethes overestimated the success of ESO and now they are finally brought back down to the reality of their situation.
    More ignorance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    I'll actually probably play ESO as a f2p. It just wasn't worth a sub to me. Wonder how far behind my VR10 is at this point? I think they went to VR12 after I quit. Must go read up on it. Might be something to entertain me on non raid nights.
    You'll have to wait since it's not f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by baddog66 View Post
    Wildstar won't hold out much longer with the subscription model, mainly that game is not well made-- so many bugs and misaligned design issues.
    If Wildstar has to switch models to survive NCSoft will probably switch it to the Pay to Play model if they don't flat out cancel it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    You'll have to wait since it's not f2p.
    read the quote "when i quit" which means he already has the box, makes it f2p for him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I can see this being really good for ESO... WoW is hemorrhaging subs due to its complete lack of content. Why pay $15 a month when you can buy ESO for $30 and play for free... experience an entire fresh world, lore, quests, classes, gameplay?
    Oh, but I agree with you. Rather, what I find amazing are people who actually believed the sub model would work in the first place.
    It's a bit of a "mommy, I want to play with big boys" thingy. Pay-to-play is a dying breed, and to make it work, you need to be damn good. Which Bethesda is not MMO-wise (though they make amazing single-player games).
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-