Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by js3915 View Post
    sounds like they left out "in the gutter" in that quote as our single target is in the lower 1/3rd of all the classes
    Uhm, actually if we talk about classes monk is the lowest damage.

If we talk about specializations windwalker shares the bottom with such things as Gladiator, Marksmanship, Combat and Assassination plus Enhancement.

Quote Originally Posted by js3915 View Post
    sounds like they left out "in the gutter" in that quote as our single target is in the lower 1/3rd of all the classes
    Someone has to be in the lower third... presumably, 1/3 of specs should be in the lower third.

7+ Year Old Account
    Except I'm pretty sure blizzard's outlook is that gap shouldn't be large. I miss the days that melee were rewarded for needing to move more and needing to be within melee range.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=245900/p...tr-patch-notes

Ascension now increases Spirit by 10% instead of increasing maximum mana by 20%.
    Breath of the Serpent (Mistweaver) healing increased by 50%.
    Chi Burst damage has been increased by 51%. Also fixed a bug that caused its damage and healing to vary based on specialization.
    Chi Explosion (Mistweaver) healing while in Serpent Stance is increased by 40%, and is now usable while channeling Soothing Mist.
    Chi Torpedo damage has increased by 150% and healing has increased by 42%.
    Hurricane Strike (Windwalker) damage increased by 25%.
    Ring of Peace now incapacitates all enemies for 5 seconds (up from 3 seconds).
    Zen Sphere has been improved. Its detonation damage has increased by 97%, detonation healing has increased by 70%, but periodic healing has been reduced by 39%. Also fixed a bug that caused its damage and healing to vary based on specialization.
    The Breath + Ascension changes aren't bad. The others were sorely needed (esp. lvl30 talents).

Count the WW changes: 0.

And no, the Hurricane Strikes one doesn't count. It might as well be 1% buff, nobody was choosing it before and nobody will choose it now.

Mana Tea now restores mana equal to 3 times the Monk's unbuffed Spirit (instead of 4% of maximum mana).
    why ? 4 times the Monk's unbuffed spirit wasn't be enough ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukette View Post
    why ? 4 times the Monk's unbuffed spirit wasn't be enough ?
    I hope that's a typo. It's hard enough to get to 1600 spirit unless using two static spirit trinkets. And you need that for this change to remain intact.

Talent changes are decent, I guess.

Outside of that, not much to look forward to atm...

Hopefully, these PTR patch notes are very early, and don't include the "big class changes" Celestalon hyped for next PTR build.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCool View Post
    Talent changes are decent, I guess.

Outside of that, not much to look forward to atm...

Hopefully, these PTR patch notes are very early, and don't include the "big class changes" Celestalon hyped for next PTR build.
    I think they are...

https://twitter.com/Number_XIV/statu...02523088486400

10+ Year Old Account
    So some nerfs/buffs to numbers constitutes big class changes now.

That's disappointing.

Not much to look forward to in 6.1 if these changes are it.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, this does drastically change which talents Mistweavers choose for different bosses. PoM will not be the only choice for level 100 and the level 90 talents will now be an even bigger decision to make depending on how you spend your mana on a fight.
    Twitter: @Monkioh
    Twitch:http://www.twitch.tv/monkioh

I don't know if we'll actually get new options though.

Even with ChiX getting a 40% increase, it can't compare to uplift in any raid situation. For example, on Butcher. I can have my ReM on both melee parties+ tanks (10 people or so), and my uplifts heal base 9.5k. On live without raid buffs, I get 35k heals from ChiX, then 50% over 6 secs(totaling 52k), then I get 8 healing spheres which heal for 4.3k (34k about). Thats 86k total healing from 4 chi. With 11 ReM targets, uplifts for me are 104k. So 208k for 4 chi.

So even if ChiX healing is increased by 40%, its still only 106k total (it won't affect the 8 healing spheres). ChiX is also only an 8 yard radius around the target, whereas glyphed ReM is 40 yards. Also, ChiX will heal pets, taking a cut of that healing.

So even if they bumped ChiX by 100%, it would be useful, but only for single target/tank healing. Its just not a well designed skill for small groups.
    Last edited by Jaigar; 2015-01-24 at 06:14 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illitti View Post
    Count the WW changes: 0.

And no, the Hurricane Strikes one doesn't count. It might as well be 1% buff, nobody was choosing it before and nobody will choose it now.
    Chi burst will probably be a dps increase over chi wave on cleave fights, and maybe ChiT might be viable in fights with some quick AOE burst needed (like kargath stands). We can only hope for a buff before BRF drops.