Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhackin View Post
    Agreed. Kill the old people! Tired of them complaining about their "fart needles" anyways.
    Well we do have death panels now...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    You know, I'm completely on your side, yet you use my example to mock the situation.

Many children that are teased are spineless cretins that wouldn't stand a chance in society to begin with. In my case, I was put in a class with an average IQ 50 to 80 points below me and I became the class target due to being different. Having an entire class pick on you because you read 364 books a year and are more intelligent, for 7 to 8 years, every day, any day, is an extreme form of bullying.

I'm built like an athlete (by birth) and moderately intelligent, but my placement among monkeys took a chop out of 15 years of self confidence. Yeah, bullying can be bad.

Read it again (hint; little time, many posts, no content)
    don't u sound delightful

10+ Year Old Account
    they can ask all they want but fuck em if they think they are gonna get the password.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    don't u sound delightful
    Well..assuming you know the English tv series called Shameless. That was sort of the scenario. 90% of my old class are now hooligans.

They can't prove it's your account <.< >.> People make accounts of other people all the time. You don't have to give the password of someone else's account.
    Welcome to New Blizzard where everything ages backwards, dead servers are left gasping for breath, homogenization is disguised as uniqueness, leveling mirrors the progression of travel in the last 150 years, and gold is just a nuisance.

@ winter blossom I agree, but when it was bought with their money and you take it away cant it be seen as theft? again, i 100% agree with you im just thinking about laws. then again laws work differently in diff. countries so im not sure about yours.

Deleted
    Well..assuming you know the English tv series called Shameless. That was sort of the scenario. 90% of my old class are now hooligans.
    Everything you said shrieked of somebody with an unpleasant superiority complex which explains why your class took an instant dislike to you as nobody likes a snob

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I'm completely on your side, yet you use my example to mock the situation.

Many children that are teased are spineless cretins that wouldn't stand a chance in society to begin with. In my case, I was put in a class with an average IQ 50 to 80 points below me and I became the class target due to being different. Having an entire class pick on you because you read 364 books a year and are more intelligent, for 7 to 8 years, every day, any day, is an extreme form of bullying.

I'm built like an athlete (by birth) and moderately intelligent, but my placement among monkeys took a chop out of 15 years of self confidence. Yeah, bullying can be bad.
    I don't think he meant it like that. More like today's society is going against bullying (among many things) in very "wrong" ways - like this Facebook password thing. I'm not saying that actions shouldn't be taken against bullying, but that actions should be taken to help children deal with bullying. Because in the end it's impossible to protect everyone from every bad thing there is, might as well do something to help them cope with it.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Destump View Post
    @ winter blossom I agree, but when it was bought with their money and you take it away cant it be seen as theft? again, i 100% agree with you im just thinking about laws. then again laws work differently in diff. countries so im not sure about yours.
    Short of severe physical abuse or neglect, children have essentially zero rights in the US to challenge parental authority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't speak about other countries, but in here the child has no say in that matter.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Deleted
    It would only be considered illegal if they were of legal age and even then it's unlikely a court would be in favour

my bad, then. a friend of mine was in almost the same situation(but it was about a pc, not a phone) but he was just under or just above 18, he mustve been over 18 then. (edit: I saw your post adam86, and my friend did win his case. his dad had to give him back the pc + pay for any damages. granted, they were/are both filthy rich so I doubt the money was a problem for them. just a matter of both wanting to win I guess)

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Everything you said shrieked of somebody with an unpleasant superiority complex which explains why your class took an instant dislike to you as nobody likes a snob
    Yeah, because children regard eachother in that manner. I wasn't even aware of their IQ's until I started crawling out of my inferiority complex in my 20's. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    I don't think he meant it like that. More like today's society is going against bullying (among many things) in very "wrong" ways - like this Facebook password thing. I'm not saying that actions shouldn't be taken against bullying, but that actions should be taken to help children deal with bullying. Because in the end it's impossible to protect everyone from every bad thing there is, might as well do something to help them cope with it.
    Agreed. It's definitely the wrong way.

Not if they are minors. Minors technically can't own anything. It all falls back to the parent or guardian. Once they are 18 things might be different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Congrats Blizz. Everyone who wanted a Vanilla realm will get it with WoD. So much for never moving backward. Though, it will not be a pure vanilla server since you can still fly in the old content, and you don't have to farm things just to raid. Just wanted to congratulate Blizz for giving the folks what they wanted, a classic vanilla world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Or, maybe instead of making a strawman, they could just get a lvl 1 pony after they complete a quest in the starting zone

MENTAL terrorism.
    Terrorism IS mental. It just happens to typically involve violence and, by definition, is in service of some agenda. Bullying is not terrorism. Terrorism is terrorism. Bullying is bullying. That guy who called your bullshit out was right, using different words (incorrectly) to try and make something sound worse than it actually is, only serves to cheapen terrorist acts and the victims of actual terrorism. Someone calling you names and laughing at you is not even close to someone blowing themselves up in a market/subway, flying planes into buildings, or locking all the doors to a school and burning it down with all the students inside.

Terrorism? Definitely not. Doesn't matter how many times you recite your childhood.
    • Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
      Fashion magazines not trying to appeal to men is misogyny.
    • lol

Quote Originally Posted by jordonus View Post
    Terrorism IS mental. It just happens to typically involve violence and, by definition, is in service of some agenda. Bullying is not terrorism. Terrorism is terrorism. Bullying is bullying. That guy who called your bullshit out was right, using different words (incorrectly) to try and make something sound worse than it actually is, only serves to cheapen terrorist acts and the victims of actual terrorism. Someone calling you names and laughing at you is not even close to someone blowing themselves up in a market/subway, flying planes into buildings, or locking all the doors to a school and burning it down with all the students inside.

Terrorism? Definitely not. Doesn't matter how many times you recite your childhood.
    I respect your opinion Potato. I respect it.