Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Uh-Oh Celestalon is talking about class changes

Duck low and hold on tight, I feel hunter nerfs coming.....

Deleted
    Why would they nerf us?

Quote Originally Posted by Donkeykong View Post
    Why would they nerf us?
    'cause pvp balance.

Deleted
    Hunters dominate Brackenspore with Flamethrowers(well not really, 50/50 with balance druids). That's obviously unacceptable and nerf is only fair.

I heard that Celestalon, while making all these changes by himself without any other input from anyone else on the Dev team, actually talked to Ghostcrawler to ask him for advice.

Deleted
    I think Celestalon better should vanish from Twitter, and let the CMs do the work. They actually know how to react to negative feedback.

15+ Year Old Account
    With multistrike being above and beyond all the other secondaries I can't help to think there will be a change to at least survival.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Thankfully rickhunterr will be here to update his guide and tell us what are the best talents.

Quote Originally Posted by rickhunterr View Post
    Duck low and hold on tight, I feel hunter nerfs coming.....
    We only overperform on 1 fight and I think if most guilds even bothered trying casters on
    brackenspore I bet they would do comparable.

Hunters are middle of the pack as far as dps goes so I seriously doubt any hunter nerfs. PvP I am not sure of but PvE nerfs would surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    I heard that Celestalon, while making all these changes by himself without any other input from anyone else on the Dev team, actually talked to Ghostcrawler to ask him for advice.
    that cant end well at all, tho in all seriousness id be surprised if we were nerfed bm could do wiht a slight buff to bring it up to par with the other 2 or maybe a slight nerf to the other specs pve wise. i dont pvp so i wont coment there

Deleted
    Like I've said ever since they removed the visual quivers of the back of hunters.

I expect anything from Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drkmalice View Post
    We only overperform on 1 fight and I think if most guilds even bothered trying casters on
    brackenspore I bet they would do comparable.

Hunters are middle of the pack as far as dps goes so I seriously doubt any hunter nerfs. PvP I am not sure of but PvE nerfs would surprise me.
    BM and MM do really well in PVP, there are counters to them, but people LOVE to qq about hunters for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    Hunters dominate Brackenspore with Flamethrowers(well not really, 50/50 with balance druids). That's obviously unacceptable and nerf is only fair.
    Druids and hunters only do well on bracken because of the speed we can generate to build stacks (as u cant do it with the flamethrower alone anymore).. Hunters are the go to people though because they can feign the stacks from infest and det the wave if need be

Quote Originally Posted by Rickdiculous View Post
    Thankfully rickhunterr will be here to update his guide and tell us what are the best talents.
    I could, but it would be triple redundant already. But nice try troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    If GC was involved, nerfs would be guaranteed. (Yes I realize the sarcasm here).

Quote Originally Posted by Zomath View Post
    BM and MM do really well in PVP, there are counters to them, but people LOVE to qq about hunters for some reason.
    Ten years of tradition. No really. Until 1.7, we were ridiculously weak from being shoe-horned in right before release. Consequently, when 1.7 brought us up to the other classes' levels, any hunter who'd learned to work around the crap design was suddenly fantastic. Combine that with "you run away!" idiocy (remember, unlike casters at the time, we couldn't even use our real attacks in melee) and people bitched about us.

It was only made worse over the years with the arms race between gap closers and gap openers. Further, improvements like Focus led to 100% mobility, because if we can't cast our regen shot on the move, it's easy to focus starve us with pressure. Most people here should remember the old Fox macros. Since that was leading to a ton of server spam, they simply allowed Steady/Cobra on the move, as it was the least clunky solution. Thus, we're hated for full mobility too.

By now, "nerf hunters in pvp" is simply an etched-in-stone meme, due to poor design over the years.
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2015-01-22 at 11:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Deleted
    I hope they revert the Blood Boil nerf for Unholy DK's.

I hope they buff MM just a bit and BM just a big bit. Or they can just nerf SV and MM to BM levels and say "fuck hunters!", but I hope that doesn't happen.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that SV shouldn't be tied to FS for max DPS? I mean, being an elemental damage mobile spec together with BM, and replacing your elemental damage focus generator for a turret-like physical damage focus generator, doesn't sound really good... Actually, I'd LOVE EM buffs, especially for SV.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Ometius;31867008]Also, am I the only one who thinks that SV shouldn't be tied to FS for max DPS?QUOTE]

Lone wolf benefits Surv less because we dont have KS anymore and most of our dmg is SS ticks. Lone wolf is still the favourite though because Focusing shot only pulls ahead if u dont have to cancel it to move (and even then its minimal).

I really wish exotic munitions was a thing.. If the damage of it was buffed and u could toggle between them like aspects it would definitely be my favourite. But instead the dot gets capped really quite low and the explosion is moderate/weak for what it could be, let alone having to do a 1.5 second cast to change it hahah

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I think Celestalon better should vanish from Twitter, and let the CMs do the work. They actually know how to react to negative feedback.
    Accept for maybe Bashiok. He's kind of a d-bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

Quote Originally Posted by rickhunterr View Post
    I could, but it would be triple redundant already. But nice try troll.
    I think he pretty accurately described you.

Explosive Shot You fire an explosive charge into the enemy target, dealing [*59.7% of AP* [*55.3% of AP * (1 + 8 * .01) * (1 + $@versadmg)*;] Fire damage initially and every second for 2 sec. Requires Ranged Weapon. Hunter - Survival Spec. 15 Focus. 40 yd range. Instant. 6 sec cooldown.

buff / nerf / tooltip fix???

dont get it.