Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    They're changing how the formulas are shown, not sure that indicates anything right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryzvwald View Post
    I think he pretty accurately described you.
    This comment doesn't even make sense in an abstract way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhokz View Post
    Explosive Shot You fire an explosive charge into the enemy target, dealing [*59.7% of AP* [*55.3% of AP * (1 + 8 * .01) * (1 + $@versadmg)*;] Fire damage initially and every second for 2 sec. Requires Ranged Weapon. Hunter - Survival Spec. 15 Focus. 40 yd range. Instant. 6 sec cooldown.

buff / nerf / tooltip fix???

dont get it.
    This looks like a change in the formula used. not a real buff or nerf. Instead of 59.7*(1.011 versatility damage or what ever your versatility is) its the new formula. 55.3(1.08*(1+versatility damage))
    Last edited by rickhunterr; 2015-01-23 at 08:44 AM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    They're changing how the formulas are shown, not sure that indicates anything right now.
    Already questioned Chadd about it on twitter. It's tooltip fixes.
    (can't post pictures here since I never use this place)

http://postimg.org/ image/mnlpjmmqb/

Obviously remove the space.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drkmalice View Post
    We only overperform on 1 fight and I think if most guilds even bothered trying casters on
    brackenspore I bet they would do comparable.

Hunters are middle of the pack as far as dps goes so I seriously doubt any hunter nerfs. PvP I am not sure of but PvE nerfs would surprise me.
    +
    We perform well on Brackenspore ONLY because of flamethrowers.
    We are middle on every fight. Even on high movement fights..

I am not saying we are in bad shape, we are not.. BUT far away from needing a nerf.

Deleted
    Why the hell are you talking about nerfs, guys? Did you lose your mind?
    We are performing badly. Can not compete on single target (basically almost all the classes fck us on butcher) and pls, do not even talk about aoe bosses... horrible
    All in all, I dont know why would they nerf us at all, I expect buff.

As long as there are bad players of top dps classes that get beaten in dps by middling hunters people will always cry for hunter nerfs. It is known.

Deleted
    i expect buffs to all of our specs, and i expect HUGE buff to our aoe. And i repeat....HUGE.

Quote Originally Posted by ganodorf View Post
    i expect buffs to all of our specs, and i expect HUGE buff to our aoe. And i repeat....HUGE.
    Buffs would be nice, but as usual with Hunter buffs, don't hold your breath. I'd have thought it was obvious to anyone the effect of removing Wild Quiver on MM's already lackluster AoE, but the Dev's didn't see it...

LOL , you say Uh oh like were fucking beasts or something ?

So people saw hunter toping dps in LFR , gratz.

Honestly, I think Surv needs to have the stats rebalanced. Any time it becomes worthwhile to drop down a tier of gear for better stats (in this case, Multistrike), it goes specifically against the design tenants. Haste is near worthless for SV hunters, and needs to be brought up, while Multistrike needs to be toned down (perhaps preventing AS/MultiS multistrikes from proccing SS). Additionally, SV's playstyle needs something to keep things interesting. Perhaps a cooldown that speeds up DoT ticks? Maybe let kill shot make a return, but rather than make it a hard-hitting instant, make it buff DoTs for SV (or apply it's own, hard-hitting dot with a weak initial hit)? There's a lot of really interesting stuff they could do here.

That being said, balance between the specs is pretty darn close right now (closer than between other classes right now), and hunters are in a solid but not overpowered place right now. I'd hate to see them bust out some heavy-handed swings of the nerf-bat over QQ and poorly thought out decisions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhokz View Post
    Explosive Shot You fire an explosive charge into the enemy target, dealing [*59.7% of AP* [*55.3% of AP * (1 + 8 * .01) * (1 + $@versadmg)*;] Fire damage initially and every second for 2 sec. Requires Ranged Weapon. Hunter - Survival Spec. 15 Focus. 40 yd range. Instant. 6 sec cooldown.

buff / nerf / tooltip fix???

dont get it.
    Tooltip fix most likely.

[QUOTE=Zomath;31867235]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ometius View Post
    Also, am I the only one who thinks that SV shouldn't be tied to FS for max DPS?QUOTE]

Lone wolf benefits Surv less because we dont have KS anymore and most of our dmg is SS ticks. Lone wolf is still the favourite though because Focusing shot only pulls ahead if u dont have to cancel it to move (and even then its minimal).

I really wish exotic munitions was a thing.. If the damage of it was buffed and u could toggle between them like aspects it would definitely be my favourite. But instead the dot gets capped really quite low and the explosion is moderate/weak for what it could be, let alone having to do a 1.5 second cast to change it hahah

FS is hands down the favorite of the vast majority of top SV hunters.

- - - Updated - - -

Barrage Nerf o_O.

Deleted
    Focusing Shot should always be slightly ahead of the others otherwise nobody would use it because of the mobility penalty. Whilst it would be nice for EM to be a viable alternative, the ability to trade mobility for a slightly higher DPS talent is good.

Because of the PvP implications, it's entirely fair for EM to remain a PvP only talent due to the cold ammo. Blizzard will only care if talents are NEVER used, not if they aren't used in a specific facet of gameplay. The fact that *NO* level 90 talents are worth using against a single target (as SV, at least) will probably garner more attention from blizzard than EM not being used in PvE.

Inb4 15% serpent sting nerf and 10% explosive shot nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by rauta View Post
    Inb4 15% serpent sting nerf and 10% explosive shot nerf.
    I can believe a serpent sting nerf is in the cards if it came with other buffs, but explosive shot is already so weak for a spec-defining ability that I can't imagine they'd nerf it; if anything it needs a buff. Hitting it just does not give you the sense of "I'm doing damage right now", and in fact arcane/multi shot is preferable with a scales proc. The main saving grace of ES is that it is often free, but that doesn't make it particularly powerful. In fact, the average tick (looking over my logs from just H. Kargath last night) is WEAKER than serpent sting. ES is just cheap or free to use, that's why we use it.

Barrage Rapidly fires a spray of shots for 3 sec, dealing [*960% of Mainhand Damage3* [*525% of rw + 525% of RW*;] Physical damage to the enemy target and an average of [*480% of Mainhand Damage3* [*262.5% of rw + 262.5% of RW*;] Physical damage to each other enemy target in front of you. Usable while moving. Requires Ranged Weapon. Hunter - LvL 90 Talent. 60 Focus. 40 yd range. 3 sec cast (Channeled). 20 sec cooldown.

I don't understand what this is saying with the change in mainhand to rw, is this a nerf/buff/tooltip fix?
    Last edited by Ozzayel; 2015-01-23 at 08:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    Like I've said ever since they removed the visual quivers of the back of hunters.

I expect anything from Blizzard.
    Pulling an arrow out of your ass with "magic" is more immersive than from a quiver anyway. What if you run out?

*sarcasm*
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzayel View Post
    Barrage Rapidly fires a spray of shots for 3 sec, dealing [*960% of Mainhand Damage3* [*525% of rw + 525% of RW*;] Physical damage to the enemy target and an average of [*480% of Mainhand Damage3* [*262.5% of rw + 262.5% of RW*;] Physical damage to each other enemy target in front of you. Usable while moving. Requires Ranged Weapon. Hunter - LvL 90 Talent. 60 Focus. 40 yd range. 3 sec cast (Channeled). 20 sec cooldown.

I don't understand what this is saying with the change in mainhand to rw, is this a nerf/buff/tooltip fix?
    Its a tool tip fix they are just rewording the tool tip. The damage is still the exact same.

If there is any change to be made, it's going to be the interaction between ArS/Multishot multistrikes and SS ticks. Hopefully SV will get a bit of a buff to account for that nerf, but we'll see.