View Poll Results: How upset are you to hear that Garrisons might not be coming back next expansion

Voters
214. This poll is closed
  • Very Upset

62 28.97%
  • Not Upset at All

95 44.39%
  • Meh.

57 26.64%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Next xpac we shall have our own planet, and I shall be GOD!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Garrisons as such may not return, farms as such didn't. I suspect we'll see future variations depending on the expansion. In a sense, they have to keep altering it. We built a farm in Pandaria, we ain't there now. We built a garrison in AU Draenor, we ain't gonna be here forever. Who knows what the next stop will bring, a citadel as we begin to confront the Burning Legion?
    I want to see a "mobile" Garrison, like our own customisable and upgradeable boat or airship to use in the next campaign :P

10+ Year Old Account
    In all 3 pages I'm sure this has been said but...

They're not doing away with the idea of Garrisons entirely, they just won't carry over your
    Draenor Garrison into the next expansion. It's a fine way to do things, it would suck if I had to
    still maintain that silly farm from MoP. Give out proper information, not sensationalism to get views.

I'd like to see the time investment on garrisons be tuned way down. I like the idea of having a few fun, somewhat compelling things to do there, as kind of an alternate way to feel like your character is progressing, but I don't like having to feel like I'll miss out on something if I don't spend an hour a day logging into my alts. I'd like to spend no more than 15 minutes on "chores" for all of my dudes, even if I have ten level 100's. I don't think that's terribly unreasonable.

I'd also like to be spending more time in capital cities and less in my garrison. As a matter of convenience, they moved basically everything of value into the Garrison; I would've preferred to just have a direct portal from the capital cities to the garrisons, and vice versa. Keep the important stuff in the capital cities, keep the flavor stuff in the garrison.

The mine and the flowerbed gotta go.

EDIT: As an aside, I admit that I always get a kick out of people who say things like "garrison time requirements are no big deal, it takes me like 45 minutes tops to do maintenance!" That's like an entire gaming session for many other games, and here it's like people don't even bat at an eye that kind of daily time spent on repetitive throw-away tasks :P

Well. That sucks. The feature is so incomplete but with more work, it could be easily most peoples favorite aspect of the game. I hope they DO bring it back, after perfecting it, I think a lot of people would really appreciate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, its one of the worst things they've done in the game. Stupid mini game that takes up hours per week, and nobody asked for. The traveling it causes is extremely time consuming. The garrison is a bore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    Thank god, worst thing to be added to the game since LFR/LFG. Glad to see it go. Just another thing that overly promotes solo play in an MMO.
    I agree, I hope they drop them.

They took something players wanted, housing, and turned it into a little town with a grind fest.

The worst feature they have ever implemented in 10 years. It will be the catalyst for the mass exodus that will occur in the upcoming year.
    The sooner Garrisons get deleted the better.

Think it needs fine tuning, removal or restrictions of the mines and herb gardens,

What ever the equivalent of savage bloods are need to be removed as well as what ever the primal spirit currency, savage bloods are cheap as chips now its ridiclous for getting every Tom dick and Harry getting decent crafted gear, seriously last night, two people were selling 655 to 665 upgrades for 10k a piece.

They still need to be included in the levelling system, but not every 2 maybe 100-105-110, and a better city to draw people out of the garrisons,

Perhaps change the level system of the garrison, and change how you get plans etc.

The thing is, no matter what changes they implement, what's going to fuck people off is that, if we get a new area for an expansion we have to start at stage 1. There is absolutely no logical reason, for us to be restricted for example we'll have all the main building plans learned. They could pull a stunt like, khadgar or Jaina moving your garrison (similar to how data or max was moved) but I could see that rattling a few cages

What about a war room in a capital city? You upgrade it, choose specific factions to ally with, for example going with X gives specific Dailys at where ever that gives you specific rewards etc.

Or what about the main keep or town hall in the main city of the expansion, like tor does, there's buildings all over the place that are class - individual specific, why not do the same in wow but with just 1 main building, how awesome would it be to wise, your character in charge of a full on city like the shrine
    Last edited by Rotted; 2015-01-23 at 11:58 PM.

Well obviously the garrison will not be moved intact to the next expansion. They'll iterate on it and make something fresh and new, like they iterated on the farm and it became the garrison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Garrisons where kept in it's current state, I would be rather annoyed. If improved upon, greatly. Then I wouldn't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    It is fun, and was fun for a few months, and probably will be interesting after each patch. But do we really want to go into a new expansion and just ´find´ new followers, or just take the ones we have and continue to level them up?
    I felt the same about daily quests 6 months into WOTLK. They were fun for about a week every patch and then it got boring again. Yet they've kept daily quests as the majority of their non raid content for 7 years.

I can give 2 rats arses about the Garrison. What I am really into is the Mission system.

Ditch the Garrison for all I care, just bring back the Follower+Mission system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrisons may not return. The technology that underlies them may very well in some form. I was hoping when they started talking about garrisons that they would be more of a building game than they have turned out to be. There's no reason they can't throw out what they think didn't work, add some things that they think did and add it to something baselike in the next expansion.

I never thought that we would take this specific garrison into the next expansion anyway. I wouldn't mind taking a limited number of my followers along but bringing people from Draenor back into the "real world" of the main storyline is sort of a problem.

So not upset about garrisons specifically but hope the technology continues and gets some iteration and improvements.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't lie, I'm pretty disappointed that the concept as a whole won't be moving forward. Whatever scenario WoW throws at us - another rogue dragon, invasion, etc - a base of operations would be useful, and I'm attached to some of my followers. :/

And yeah I get that we may still see some of the systems from garrisons in play, but I'd rather the feature as a whole carry on. They aren't perfect (desperately in need of more reason/incentive to invite other players to them) but they're still a great addition IMO overall.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Well, I find it a bit counter productive to be honest. It all goes back to disallowing flying in Draenor. I distinctly remember one the main reasons they wanted to force the use of only ground mounts was because they wanted to get people to go out an explore the world and the dangers and rewards it has to offer without being up to just pick up and land where ever one wanted. I totally agree with this. As someone who has fond memories of first getting my epic mount and running all over Azeroth and discovering all the hidden gems and out of the way lore, I was totally excited to see this mind set come back. However, with the introduction of garrisons, this completely rendered this feature moot. Every single person on my friends lists is in one of three locations. Warspear, near (or inside) Highmaul or sitting in the garrison. Which, unfortunately, is what I do. Once you get 100, and start finishing heroics, all the treasures, save for the fun toys and trinkets, become rather useless. Why would I want to jump around and figure out how to get this treasure, if I already know I have much better equipped? As it stands now, garrisons completely eliminate the need or really even the want to ever venture outside its walls. Other than completing your apexis daily, which many of stopped doing altogether as well, there is little to reason to ever bother leaving. It goes directly against the nature of this disallowing flying. At this point, continuing to not allow flying really isn't going to make a difference. If they turned it on tomorrow, guess what? I still wouldn't leave the garrison. There is no point in mining, herbing or farming leathers, and what activities they do offer outside the garrison are painfully inadequate to keep me out longer than needed to just complete what garrison mission I might have.

Introduction of garrisons, in my humble opinion, was a very big mistake if their intention was to get people to explore Draenor. I would be tickled pink if they never brought them back. Hell, whatever the next expansion is, disallow flying there as well, but for the love of God, give people more than crumbs as incentive to see all the hard work that goes into creating this world.

Maybe instead of a garrison, they need to expand on each zone containing a town you can build up and give each one a special feature. Maybe one has a bank, another various professions buildings or they add more and more quests as you build up said town. At least this way, if you want to do all the stuff garrisons currently offer, you would have to travel around. I know people will complain about having to travel around so much, but fuck em. They spend so much time creating this wonderfully detailed and beautiful world, but insist on giving next to no reason to ever see it.

Such a shame.