Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I like it. I just got the 690 pve spi/haste ring, but whatever.

I especially like that they are adressing trinkets specifically; gives me hope that they remember that there is a whole game mode that revolves around pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Why is this a human buff?
    Trinket buff = human buff
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Trinket buff = human buff
    Wouldn't that be technically a human nerf then? If everyone but humans are using the trinket, that just means everyone but humans gets bumped up a tad. Humans stay the same.

Unless I'm missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by ablock87 View Post
    Wouldn't that be technically a human nerf then? If everyone but humans are using the trinket, that just means everyone but humans gets bumped up a tad. Humans stay the same.

Unless I'm missing something.
    Humans use 2 trinkets, so humans benefit more from trinkets (and buffs to it) than other races
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Humans use 2 trinkets, so humans benefit more from trinkets (and buffs to it) than other races
    I'm still in the old mind set of there only being "1" pvp trinket. I thought humans still only used 2 pve trinkets (because of their racial),

Quote Originally Posted by ablock87 View Post
    I'm still in the old mind set of there only being "1" pvp trinket. I thought humans still only used 2 pve trinkets (because of their racial),
    Yea there's three now. On use, on proc, cc breaker I'm hoping blizz meant they're buffing the cc breaker trinket that only humans don't use. Which in turn will mean a nerf to humans like you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    It means that Blackrock Foundry Mythic gear won't be over the top broken, it only scales down afaik?
    That makes sense. I was quite confused haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Humans being buffed. Let the shitstorm begin!
    Maybe they buff only insignias

Quote Originally Posted by muppetpilot View Post
    Lol at this whole situation, really.

Remember the good old days of BC, when PvE gear in PvP would get you destroyed, as it should? Of course, this was back when you took full damage, even in PvP gear, and stuns/cc were few and precious....yep, those days are long gone, lol.

Can you imagine what the outcry would be from the raiding community if PvP gear were viable in raids (not LFR, I mean raids), or if people in greens/blues had their gear "normalized" or "scaled" (or whatever euphemism Blizz uses now) so that they were instantly "competitive" in those raids? Like I said, lol at this entire situation, looks like it has actually gotten worse since MoP somehow.
    conquest gear was mandatory intro raid gear for my guild :P we all ground conquest once we hit 100 and gave us a nice bump. it was similar in MoP and Cata as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    thats nice. nerf pvp gear in pve.
    This. The scaling should swing both ways.

Deleted
    So will pvp gear scale down in PvE as well? Suffering the cancer that is 2v2 arena to get my 660 gear (although now it's useless) is horrible.

Deleted
    It's fucking stupid that PVE gear has ANY use in PVP combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    conquest gear was mandatory intro raid gear for my guild :P we all ground conquest once we hit 100 and gave us a nice bump. it was similar in MoP and Cata as well.
    That's quite sad really. I'm going to assume you aren't a top 100 Guild; if that's the case, your GM sounds pretty insecure about the capabilities of your raid team. Considering he/she didn't feel confident that you guys could clear it successfully in the gear it was tuned around.
    If I joined a Guild that made PvP grinding mandatory for PvE content, I'd be gone before the door swung shut.

Deleted
    Although I can understand that it might be frustrating for pure PVP players when raidgear is superior, I can't understand why people here wish PVE gear in PVP made you useless.
    A PVP player can enter a raid and while perhaps not reaching the highest numbers can still be competitive - especially now that hit and expertise are gone.
    Blizzard wants PVE players to try out PVP and MANY still refuse (I play on a RP PVE server and most desperately hate any kind of PVP here).
    Nevertheless: Imagine the average raider who wants to try PVP and gets obliterated - not only due to inexperience but also because his gear is worthless. Do you think he will say "Oh, ok, I think I will have to play punching bag for the next weeks until I can get some pieces of gear"? Chances are that he will never return.
    Sadly from my experience most PVP player don't care. But blizzard does.

Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    That's quite sad really. I'm going to assume you aren't a top 100 Guild; if that's the case, your GM sounds pretty insecure about the capabilities of your raid team. Considering he/she didn't feel confident that you guys could clear it successfully in the gear it was tuned around.
    If I joined a Guild that made PvP grinding mandatory for PvE content, I'd be gone before the door swung shut.
    Capping conquest is hardly a grind. And why wouldn't you want your raiders to have the best gear available to them at the time. And why are you assuming he's (or she's) not in a top 100 guild?

Deleted
    Putting in as much effort as Mythic requires should give an advantage IMO. PvE game is PvE.

But what do I know, all the PvP pros KNOW that PvE is easy, eh?

Edit:
    On the subject of PvE players trying out PvP, I actually started as a PvP player, and after Cata just quit it entirely as Blizz fails so hard at balancing. Removal of talent trees kinda ruined it IMO. It's clear that PvP was an after thought and playing this game 'competitively' in PvP is more or less a joke, if you're trying to prove you're skilled at games.
    Last edited by mmoc06b16d6b77; 2015-01-23 at 09:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebbars View Post
    Putting in as much effort as Mythic requires should give an advantage IMO. PvE game is PvE.
    They have an advantage - in the part of the game where they obtained their gear. There is no reason why they should have an advantage in other parts, though, especially not in PvP over people with actual PvP gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbars View Post

But what do I know, all the PvP pros KNOW that PvE is easy, eh?

Edit:
    On the subject of PvE players trying out PvP, I actually started as a PvP player, and after Cata just quit it entirely as Blizz fails so hard at balancing. Removal of talent trees kinda ruined it IMO. It's clear that PvP was an after thought and playing this game 'competitively' in PvP is more or less a joke, if you're trying to prove you're skilled at games.
    By making the talent trees the way they are now HELPS with balancing. Less talent choices (and usually only a couple of good choices) makes things much easier to balance.

And how is your post 'on the subject pf PVE players trying out PVP'? It just seemed like a rant about your perception of the state of PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    Capping conquest is hardly a grind. And why wouldn't you want your raiders to have the best gear available to them at the time. And why are you assuming he's (or she's) not in a top 100 guild?
    If individual members wanted to grind the PvP gear, then more power to them.
    Telling everyone in the raid team that it's mandatory to grind PvP gear in order to beat level 630/645 content just screams of lack of faith in the abilities of your Guild members.
    I assume that they aren't top 100 because if they were, the GM would have sufficient faith in the raid team to not feel the need to rely on out-leveled PvP gear as a crutch. Also, members of a top 100 wouldn't need to be told something like that was mandatory. At that level of play you're well aware of your own responsibilities towards yourself and your team mates.

In my opinion, PvP gear should always scale to equivalent PvE entry level gear for that particular Tier/Season. All current PvP gear should scale down to 630 during tier 14 for example. I'd be more than happy for all PvE gear to scale down to entry level PvP gear in exchange. The two disciplines should be kept as separate as possible without making the gear entirely useless in either.
    There are more than enough PvE/PvP catchup mechanics in place to not need to grind one type of gear to stay current with the other.

Why is this a good change? Mythic pve gear is hard to obtain why does it have to be worse than pvp gear which is ridiculously easy to get. Just tune down the trinkets like they did with Scabbard.