10+ Year Old Account

Option to hide threads

Can we have an option to hide threads? I am not interested at all in the slightest threads about anything political or anything with the words "Putin", "gun", "rape", "gay", "gender", "feminism", "Obama" or "police" in the title. I'm also not interested in most news that simply been copy/pasted from a news site, most news sites have discussion areas underneath the article, discuss it there instead.

This would be an awesome feature and would free up all of the unwanted clutter.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can exclude the General Off-Topic forum by clicking the filters button under Recent Threads. That's where pretty much all of those kind of threads are in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for that, I realize you can filter out whole forums but seeing as there is no news and politics forum I'm asking for a feature to filter out those individual threads so I can enjoy reading the rest without the clutter. Sort of like an adblocker for politics threads.

Actually that would be a great idea for an browser addon, a forum thread blocker.

You can add people to your ignore list if they mention those words, and the forum will hide the content of their posts.Then you won't see their posts. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Actually that would be a great idea for an browser addon, a forum thread blocker.
    Yeah, that would be your best bet, and not super super hard to do most likely. Adding it to the actual forum is unlikely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    You can add people to your ignore list if they mention those words, and the forum will hide the content of their posts.Then you won't see their posts. Good luck!
    They still show up in the "Recent forum threads" section.

I'd pay money for them to just disappear permanently. If I could get rid of 5 or so troll's threads, my recent threads would be so much cleaner and so much more useful.