Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Huayra is actually kinda ugly. Besides, I'm sticking with something I'd actually like to drive around town in my "favorite modern car." I'd never feel comfortable in the Huayra. Would never want to park somewhere it could be scratched, and of course it's so wide as to be uncomfortable parking. Plus, I could never drive anywhere without attracting notice, and the gas mileage would be horrible.

Tesla Model S anyday, at least if I had a house with a garage to charge it in.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    None of my favorite vehicles are still in production but they're the: 1986 Ford F-350(bulldog nose ford trucks) cab and a half 8 foot bed 4x4 with an International 6.9L V8 Diesel motor and the Saleen S7 twin turbo 2007 with some nice aftermarket rims ;D
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by holyforce View Post
    None of my favorite vehicles are still in production but they're the: 1986 Ford F-350(bulldog nose ford trucks) cab and a half 8 foot bed 4x4 with an International 6.9L V8 Diesel motor and the Saleen S7 twin turbo 2007 with some nice aftermarket rims ;D
    If you aren't pulling tractor trailers, I couldn't imagine why you'd want a 6.9L engine.

15+ Year Old Account

This beast is quite the beast. Did i mention beast?
    Druid since Feb. 06

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    If you aren't pulling tractor trailers, I couldn't imagine why you'd want a 6.9L engine.
    I'd take one, but not in a truck. I mean, the Veyron has an 8L engine, heh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    I'd take one, but not in a truck. I mean, the Veyron has an 8L engine, heh.
    Yeah again, I can't imagine why you'd want a Veyron unless you spend an awful lot of time at a track. You aren't going to drive it anywhere near its potential on surface roads, and you'll constantly be worried about damaging it. Meanwhile your gas mileage will be awful and you won't be driving it any faster than a more reasonably priced car.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't imagine ever buying a Veyron, but if someone gave me one, I'd definitely take it.

I couldn't imagine ever buying a Veyron, but if someone gave me one, I'd definitely take it.
    And pay that 40% gift tax on it? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

10+ Year Old Account
    So would I. Then I'd sell it and buy a Tesla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah again, I can't imagine why you'd want a Veyron unless you spend an awful lot of time at a track. You aren't going to drive it anywhere near its potential on surface roads, and you'll constantly be worried about damaging it. Meanwhile your gas mileage will be awful and you won't be driving it any faster than a more reasonably priced car.
    Well, the OP asked for our favorite modern cars, not our ideal or most practical cars. You can have a "favorite" car simply because you like its looks, track performance, its absurdly high displacement, etc., it doesn't necessarily have to be something you'd want to drive around every day.

I think the Huayra is actually kinda ugly. Besides, I'm sticking with something I'd actually like to drive around town in my "favorite modern car." I'd never feel comfortable in the Huayra. Would never want to park somewhere it could be scratched, and of course it's so wide as to be uncomfortable parking. Plus, I could never drive anywhere without attracting notice, and the gas mileage would be horrible.

Tesla Model S anyday, at least if I had a house with a garage to charge it in.
    No offense but why would I choose a Honda Accord. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I love the styling, especially the interior. Everything is machined and made of only the highest quality materials. Of course I would not ever drive it as my every day car but I don't care. I actually hate the douches who on Bugatti's and park them on the sidewalk while they run errands.

Even your Tesla example, you still do have a great running time due to battery technology. I'm not crapping on the Tesla, its a great car.

- - - Updated - - -

So would I. Then I'd sell it and buy a Tesla.

Okay we get your point. You LOVE a Tesla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    No offense but why would I choose a Honda Accord. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I love the styling, especially the interior. Everything is machined and made of only the highest quality materials. Of course I would not ever drive it as my every day car but I don't care. I actually hate the douches who on Bugatti's and park them on the sidewalk while they run errands.

Even your Tesla example, you still do have a great running time due to battery technology. I'm not crapping on the Tesla, its a great car.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay we get your point. You LOVE a Tesla.
    I do. I love a lot of other non-electric cars too, and it's fine to like whatever you want to like. Absurd displacement though is always something I found kind of strange as something people go for, particularly in non-performance cars.

10+ Year Old Account
    When did the modern age of cars start? Seatbelts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm.... Dodge Challenger I would say, with the Dodge Power Wagon a close second.

Hmm, McLaren 650S (not the P1, steering wheel is on the wrong side)
    I do also like the Nissan GTR

10+ Year Old Account
    The new Ford GT, like oh god. And the new 2015 Roush Mustang stage 3. Looking back into early 2000s, Give me a 2003/04 Cobra.

Not many new cars interest me, seems I got out of the interest a few years back. Even when I tried to look at cars, places seemed to not want my business.

I did some work for someone who had a Maserati GranTurismo it looked impressive, granted I was 2 feet from it trying to avoid a disaster

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'd imagine its because I pull 20 foot trailers filled with lengths of lumber. Move farm equipment. Oh and in general pull heavy shit. But that's not even the largest displacement engine I have operated. The largest I have is an 8.5L I6 lumber de-barker. And wanna know what the real kicker is? My turbo'd 6.9L V8 diesel probably puts out less C02 then the common 4-banger gasoline motor. All the "Smoke" you see is unburnt fuel that has been carbonized and goes through the exhaust system and goes out the pipe and falls to the earth as soot. Gasoline burns a lot "Dirtier" then diesel because of a higher octane level and if I remember correctly different petrochemical make up. Wanna know why? Because 1. my motor is in perfect working order. 2. It burns fuel more efficiently then a gasoline powered motor. Weight of the vehicle IE the truck has almost nothing to do with what it can be rated to pull. here is a little formula for you weight of trailer + cargo + tow hitch class(1-3-5) if applicable a 5th wheel(this requires a different formula and depends on your trucks suspension( 1/2 ton 3/4 ton 1 ton) and rear differential gearing && rear differential gear ratio + drive shaft tensile strength and or rating = towing capacity.

For example: Say I have a 1 ton DRW(Dual rear wheel) 2x6 with a class 3 hitch and a 290 HPS drive shaft, and 4:10 gearing in the differential. I'm ball parking this but without more accurate numbers(statistics) I would not pull more then 12,000 lbs including cargo + trailer. When towing large amounts of weight DRW or multi-axle is preferred.
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by holyforce View Post
    Well, I'd imagine its because I pull 20 foot trailers filled with lengths of lumber. Move farm equipment. Oh and in general pull heavy shit. But that's not even the largest displacement engine I have operated. The largest I have is an 8.5L I6 lumber de-barker. And wanna know what the real kicker is? My turbo'd 6.9L V8 diesel probably puts out less C02 then the common 4-banger gasoline motor. All the "Smoke" you see is unburnt fuel that has been carbonized and goes through the exhaust system and goes out the pipe and falls to the earth as soot. Gasoline burns a lot "Dirtier" then diesel because of a higher octane level and if I remember correctly different petrochemical make up. Wanna know why? Because 1. my motor is in perfect working order. 2. It burns fuel more efficiently then a gasoline powered motor. Weight of the vehicle IE the truck has almost nothing to do with what it can be rated to pull. here is a little formula for you weight of trailer + cargo + tow hitch class(1-3-5) if applicable a 5th wheel(this requires a different formula and depends on your trucks suspension( 1/2 ton 3/4 ton 1 ton) and rear differential gearing && rear differential gear ratio + drive shaft tensile strength and or rating = towing capacity.

For example: Say I have a 1 ton DRW(Dual rear wheel) 2x6 with a class 3 hitch and a 290 HPS drive shaft, and 4:10 gearing in the differential. I'm ball parking this but without more accurate numbers(statistics) I would not pull more then 12,000 lbs including cargo + trailer. When towing large amounts of weight DRW or multi-axle is preferred.
    So that makes sense then, as I said.

The new Nissan GT-R. Love the styling and it has performance to match.