Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eternal Darkness for the Gamecube was very good, I think it was released around the same time as RE: 4 which is probably why it didn't do so well.

Jade Empire is one of my favorite RPGs ever, with very unique world (as far as western RPG's are concerned).

Dragons Dogma by no means an amazing game but it's combat is easily overlooked and it's one of the best I've seen in a hack and slash fantasy action game.

Darksiders I and II awesome series, in my opinion way better than God of War (and I loved 1-3).

Shin Megami Tensei series not so much underrated but unknown outside of Japan. Always enjoyed it more than Persona.

Way of the Samurai series and Yakuza series very funny games with an enormous amount of replay value.

Sleeping Dogs enjoyed it more than GTA 5 story wise.

Empire Earth 2 I don't know why but back when Red Alert 2 was all the rage I use to play EE 2 much more. Something about the map maker was just much more fun in that game.

Rogue Squadron series my most played game on the Gamecube after Smash and Zelda. This series needs to come back.
    Last edited by Fullmetal89; 2015-01-23 at 03:33 PM.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Murdered: Soul Suspect. I fell in love with this games - liked everything about it. Especially when they gave me the ability to possess cats unfortunately, because of how it was received overall there will never be a sequel =/
    Last edited by Nerevar; 2015-01-23 at 03:37 PM.

tenchu 1, great stealth game but the music is where it shines, check it out if you like samurai x (rurouni kenshin) its the same composer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wachimingo View Post
    tenchu 1, great stealth game but the music is where it shines, check it out if you like samurai x (rurouni kenshin) its the same composer.
    It's still to this day the best ninja game I've ever played, I liked it more than Ninja Gaiden Black. It's a pity it fell from grace, I even mildly enjoyed Tenchu Z for what it's worth. I wonder how long it will be until someone makes another good Ninja game. We already lost Tenchu and Ninja Gaiden franchise.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Sacrifice for PC and Luigi's Mansion for Gamecube were probably two of my favorite games that really had no hype around them.
    Luigi's mansion had a massive hype around it. It was covered by every gaming show on TV and every gaming magazine when it came out.

Deleted
    Mist of Pandaria

Bullet Storm! Such a fun game that didn't take itself seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
    Shows how subjective the topic is as I consider KoA to be overrated personally .

Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    I wouldn't say they were underrated. They were highly praised by most, and rightfully so: They're awesome games.
    True, I guess I meant that it feels like it's not as well known as it should be rather than underrated by those who know it .
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Sacrifice, and Giants: Citizen Kabuto.

I'm very happy to see a lot of people here mentioning Sacrifice. It is the most original game that no one has ever bought.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wachimingo View Post

i fkin loved this game.
    Was one of my first games on the ps1.
    Oh my god... the memories.
    Never new what i was doing kinda walked around in the first mission for ages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Sacrifice for PC and Luigi's Mansion for Gamecube were probably two of my favorite games that really had no hype around them.
    Sacrifice is one of the best games ever made.

Tomba 1 and 2 for ps1

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    Umm... Parasite Eve?
    Yeah that was a great game and my first PS1 game actually. I think people liked it, but it just got overshadowed by that other RPG franchise Square Enix has.

It has always been difficult for me to sum up underrated games, as I'm more into mainstream gaming. But I'd say Alan Wake, that game was amazing but it doesn't get that much recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    In recent memory...

Just finished playing Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. I don't remember hearing much about it, and from just seeing the previews it didn't grab me...but man was it a fun ride once I started playing it.
    Don't think it's too underrated actually, lots of people love that game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    You just made me want to get this game now. I've never really heard or seen gameplay of this until now. I even looked up the first game and want to get that too. Only thing is is that I guess the first Valkyrie Profile game is one of those rare expensive games. Looks like another mission for me. Valkyrie Profile 2 shouldn't be too hard to get.
    That's specifically why I haven't played the first one, it's very pricey, and I'm not fond of emulators beyond the SNES era. One day, though.

VP2 is cheap since it was reproduced into a "Greatest Hits" title, expect to pay $20 for a sealed copy. Great way to spend $20!
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

well id say Conker's Bad Fur Day on N64. might not be very underrated but its super entertaining. ive never laughed so hard at an N64 game in my entire life. even using the PC emulator PJ64 its still good. also the characters are actually voiced, which was rare at that time.

also Goldeneye and Super Mario 64.

as for recent games. been playing Path of Exile, its free, pretty decent very grindy though, if they made it less grindy and had more to do at higher lvls it'd be great. Swtor isnt that bad either, its free to play atm and u can get some good laughs outta it.

Shenmue. nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    That's specifically why I haven't played the first one, it's very pricey, and I'm not fond of emulators beyond the SNES era. One day, though.

VP2 is cheap since it was reproduced into a "Greatest Hits" title, expect to pay $20 for a sealed copy. Great way to spend $20!
    They need to put up the original or the PSP remake onto the PSN store. I don't understand why this isn't a thing because I'm sure it would be popular.