Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    Arthas wanted a better body. He transferred his mind into helmet. Allowed Frostmourne to be broken. He has erased bolvar just like he did with Ner'Zhul. Yes, he will come back.
    "Arthas" also expelled his own humanity. The entity "Lich King" was a truly new entity, which merged characteristics from Ner'zhul and Arthas, being none of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    Arthas is expelled from the Lich King, but remember that Ner'zhul and Arthas had merged long ago into one entity. The Lich King is the creature merged with Bolvar now, not Ner'zhul.
    If Arthas and Ner'zhul fused to form the Lich King, and the Lich King expelled Arthas' body and soul in the final raid, shouldn't that leave just Ner'zhul, the evil spirit haunting the Helm? Or in other words, Ner'zhul is back to his Warcraft 3 form except with Bolvar as new host? Sounds most logical to me, but I guess Blizzard just likes to name the Lich King a nameless, characterless evil?

Arthas wanted a better body. He transferred his mind into helmet. Allowed Frostmourne to be broken. He has erased bolvar just like he did with Ner'Zhul. Yes, he will come back.
    Bolvar's body got burned beyond recognition by dragon's fire and was tortured by Arthas for a good while (at least several days, considering how long it was between the Wrathgate and time we actually encountered Arthas in ICC). Seems to me like the body Arthas already had would've been in much better condition.

If anything, it would've made more sense to go for Tirion. Although....Tirion was about to put the helmet on before Bolvar stopped him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas is dead.
    Ner'zhul is dead.
    Bolvar is Dead.
    The Lich King is the only one who's alive in this.
    The reason Bolvar's voice changed was because he was becoming the Lich King.
    This was a ridiculous post/theory.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    Arthas is dead.
    Ner'zhul is dead.
    Bolvar is Dead.
    The Lich King is the only one who's alive in this.
    The reason Bolvar's voice changed was because he was becoming the Lich King.
    This was a ridiculous post/theory.
    I'm right, you are wrong. Arthas is still there, preparing to use his enhanced fiery scourge again!

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    What happened to Bolvar? We haven't seen him reign in the scourge at all. What's he doing on the Throne?
    DK: It wasn't an easy transition for him. You gotta give him a little bit of time. He was kind of melted for a little while and then he was stuck in an ice cube. It's tough. That's a hard thing to go through.
    CM: The Scourge and Cult of the Damned currently operating in Plaguelands are likely autonomous. The idea with Bolvar putting that helmet on, attempting to contain the Scourge... It's really about Northrend. "I just got on a boat yesterday and those quests are still happening." Ideally, if this thing had a clean timeline, which it does not... If we were making a movie... If we were writing it as a novel, with him on that Frozen Throne, the Scourge has gone to sleep in Northrend. But obviously it doesn't play out that way in the game. You can still go back and do all those quests.

But that is the intent of the fiction. That things aren't as bad as they were and he is not a monstrous Lich King. He's actually trying to keep everybody chill. There won't be any major crazy new Scourge attacks... for some time. But the Scourge operating in Plaguelands, it's more helpful to look at them as autonomous. Although, we haven't really dug out a lot of lore to substantiate that. "How are they autonomous?" "Who's driving these critters?" "Zombies don't have free will."
    DK: Well certainly as Arthas' power waned, he lost control of the Forsaken. So we got a new Lich King getting his feet wet.
    CM: Totally. (BlizzCon2011)

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalwarden View Post
    Please no more Arthas. I always felt Ner'zhul was more interesting than Mr. Purdy Boy. Just leave him gone. That well worn character is done.
    Oh god. Are you jealous of a fictional character? Arthas' story is way more interesting than Ner'zhuls. But very similar. His story was arguably the greatest time in wow.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    Player DKs also have an echoing sound, doesn't mean they are possesed. Arthas got the end he deserved, everything else makes him into a Saturday morning cartoon villain (which he kinda already was in WotLK)
    i never get people who have this arguement
    because he showed up a bunch of times? it was always in his plans for us to defeat everything he could lay before us to make us stronger, he says so when you fight him in icc

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm right, you are wrong.
    Well damn, I can't argue against this logic.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    "I'm tired of being young, strong, and full of power. Let's transfer myself into an older, charred corpse."
    I lol'd
    ''
    OP theory sounds plausable, but the voice change at the end always felt odd to me. Also I never liked the way the to 'deep' voice Arthas had through WotLK
    The first cinematic we saw, hes voice was the same as Warcraft 3 which made me excited:/

Frostmourne and evil Arthas are connected. Without the sword, he would revert back to his regular self as seen in his death vid. So he may actually be dead and gone.

Thinking Bolvar has full power.
    Last edited by MikeBogina; 2015-02-07 at 03:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought it was explained that Ner'Zhul(Or I guess if you want to say he's no longer Ner'Zhul, just "The Lich King" since technically him and Arthas "fused") was still in the helmet. Thus, Bolvar is in a constant internal battle with him to keep control of the Scourge/himself? That was always my understanding of it, at least.

/tinfoil hat
    Ner'zhul had foresight. When Arthas put the helm on, he also saw some visions, one of which was seeing the mists parting from Pandaria. It couldn't be to hard to presume that Ner'zhul had seen visions of Garrosh at some point as well from after this leading into the events of WoD. Scroll forward to Shadowmoon Burial Grounds, when we fight AU Ner'zhul. From what we know of our timeline's Ner'zhul, we have this from Wowpedia:

"Ner'zhul having since recovered, had isolated his clan in Shadowmoon Valley, where he began seeing visions of death (potentially a foreshadowing of his future fate). He painted his face with a white skull."

He painted his face with a white skull......note that AU Ner'zhul has ALREADY DONE THIS. Now, it could be argued that when he drags us in that other realm, that we are fighting just his spirit there. Either way we are left with a Ner'zhul body, one that the one from our timeline lacked by being made into The Lich King. Was this a long game for Ner'zhul to get his ORIGINAL body back?

/remove tinfoil hat

Had this thought for a while since WoD been announced, but don't think myself this would come to pass. Can make head-canon though