Poll: Which browser are you using?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Firefox here because it suits all my needs and requirements. Chrome is my second choice.

Quote Originally Posted by CheezusCrust View Post
    Firefox craps out when you change the default sound in Windows, no bueno.
    I just changed the default sound in Windows and Firefox didn't crap out.

Opera. Other browsers just can't compare in convenience to it: mouse gestures, bookmark management, not having the whole browser closed when closing last tab.
    New versions of it sucked for a long time, and when the good old 12.17 was no longer compatible with major websites, I tried to switch to Chrome. But it was awful, and even with tons of extensions (which were clunky, heavy, and one even required a registration after some time) it could not compare to Opera's basic utility.
    At the moment though, last Opera version fixed some of the mistakes that the new generation brought, so I use it all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used firefox for like 5 years but it just kept getting worse so changed to chrome early last year.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've continued using Chrome for a few years now, and I can't really see a compelling reason to switch. I love the password/bookmark/extension syncing, allowing me to use a browser that's configured essentially the exact same way on my desktop, laptop, and tablet.

I also traditionally use Chrome on my Android phone, as well. The fact that Firefox for Android has extension support (including Adblock!) has been enough to keep my attention for a little while now, but I still find the overall experience of Chrome to be superior.

Chrome for the past few years but seeing how much RAM it's been using while only having a few tabs opened is kind of bothering me. I may switch back to FireFox for this reason in the future though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gkai View Post
    Chrome for the past few years but seeing how much RAM it's been using while only having a few tabs opened is kind of bothering me. I may switch back to FireFox for this reason in the future though.
    Firefox is honestly not that much better, you can try it though.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Chrome right now....primarily like others said for syncing..... but super interested in Spartan and its ability to use Chrome pluggins. Win 10 can't come fast enough!

Quote Originally Posted by jcheerno11 View Post
    Firefox with Adblock Plus and Ghostery for everyday use. Internet Explorer for work. Chrome on my phone.
    Same here. Tried firefox on my android, its pretty terribad.

Windows 7 desktop I use Chrome.
    Mac laptop I use Chrome.
    Linux laptop I use Firefox. (It dual boots to windows 7 where I use chrome though.)
    Safari on my iPad. (Because internet keeps refreshing kind of every once in a while and on Chrome anytime that happens keyboard disappears.)
    Chrome on iPhone.
    Silk on Kindle lol.

Andddd that's it? I used to have a Windows 7 laptop too but I use that as a linux server now lol so no browser obviously.

I really like chrome. It's convenient, neat, and the easiest to make changes too.

IE > Opera > Chrome > Pale Moon.
    Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    operax64. its like good ol opera before it was ruined a couple years back.
    I will try finding this one, I still list Opera out of memories, but truth is I hardly do use it these days. Because of ruin. Thanks for giving me something to dig in.

Mainly use Firefox, but I keep Chrome and Explorer just in case. I've actually had issues with a few websites that just work better with different browsers. hell, I even had one that I wouldn't link from Firefox or Chrome, thus had to use Explorer.

edit: tho on mobile, I'll typically use Dolphin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Firefox b/c of adblock.
    Just so you know...Adblock Plus supports all browsers.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

Opera made a stupid call by disintegrating mail client from the browser which was their best feature imo. I used a depreciated version (15.xx) for a quite while until it was pain in the ass to browse. Now I am using Chrome and hating every single minute of it...
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2015-01-28 at 03:06 PM.

Torch (for "mainstream" browsing), Tor and I2P while behind a vpn among other things when being bad...lol
    Last edited by Bytch; 2015-01-29 at 12:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lloose View Post
    Which browser are you currently using? Post why in your a comment.

I am using Chrome because of the bookmark/extension syncing. I've been having some issues with it and some extensions I use (memory leaks), but I have a hard time switching to other browsers like Firefox because I like the extensions on Chrome better than the addons on Firefox. I mostly use Google Hangouts (which does have a Firefox addon, but it doesn't work as well), and a few others for work that aren't available for Firefox.
    Would be nice if people would stop assuming that using only 1 browser is the way to go.

For me it's as following:
    Main browser - Firefox
    To do research and random stuff - Chrome
    For when I need to use outdated websites provided by my government - Internet Explorer

10+ Year Old Account
    Prefer chrome even with its nasty memory leaks. all the other browsers just generally suck compared to chrome usefulness.

Yes firefox is pretty good as well but for me it runs so slow compared to chrome, and the design of firefox is just bad in general.

If I am not using chrome then its internet explorer, even with its bad reputation back in the days it has become much safer, and while it lacks any useful "add-ons" its really fast and gets the job done.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

At work I have Internet Explorer and Firefox open all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Prefer chrome even with its nasty memory leaks. all the other browsers just generally suck compared to chrome usefulness.
    You haven't seen a Firefox memory leak then. I caught the Firefox plugin process using 8GB RAM. Although it was the buggy unofficial 64 bit version, still...

Chrome FTW.
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Chrome!

I used Firefox for years and made ample use of add-ons, but Chrome felt faster and looked a bit cleaner, and I needed less extensions. It's been smooth sailing since, and I've come to use a lot more Google products like Drive and a Chromebook, so the choice is pretty much nonexistent. Very happy with Chrome.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥