15+ Year Old Account

Holy for mythic twins?

I play as disc, and while it's good, I actually find holy a better choice for that particular fight.
    Anyone agree?

I feel holy is better if everyone is executing the fight properly, as it gives an extra raid CD during the weapon throw fires, whereas PW:Barrier is almost useless. Disc can however cover up mistakes if people are getting hit by fire and shield charge a lot.

Deleted
    I would disagree, there are solid 10 seconds of standing around once quake starts till you have to move out of fire, so PWB is decent there. Also this fight is kinda better for disc, since all damage is either on tanks or from 3 predictable abilities. While quake is good for holy, allowing you to bonce around 3-4 PoMs, PWS shine here as well.

It doesn't really matter that much. Disc probably has a slight edge just because damage is very predictable, and it's hard to precast PoH (and even harder to keep 2xSerendipity for when you need it), but if your raid's wiping, it's unlikely it has anything to do with the spec you're playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Deleted
    While there are good arguments for holy, unfortunately trying to discuss them here is always difficult. The disc-priest taliban are everywhere and you know what heretics have to expect.

Considering the twins: The most dangerous mechanic is quake/fire. Divine Hymn (preferably with aspect of fox) is huge here.

Deleted
    Both would probably work i just feel disc has some advance here like others said with predicatable damage. I use Pwb on the first Enfeebling Roar when everyone is stacked up, works great tbh. Being able to shield players with fire/magic debuff (or even charge stack if people are bad) is nice. Theres alot of times at the fight you can blanket pw:s (with and without PI) and just avoid alot of damage aswell.

Deleted
    it's a really good fight for holy. In terms of max hps it's quite similar, my best holy rank is 56k, best disc is only 53k. That said, I'm better at holy than disc and it's dependent on your raid actually taking damage but if raw hps matters then they're both viable options.
    In terms of being useful on the fight; I value divine hymn over barrier, raid is often spread when the big damage is happening (pulverize with quake up). There's ticking damage which is good for renew and the time between spikes of damage is also long enough for HoTs to be effective. Couple that with some well timed PoH on the spike damage. I also rate lightwell extremely highly on this fight, I found keeping range on everyone was an issue and the lightwell certainly saved people that ended up in China during progression.

great fight for both..renew spam is great for holybut disc is especially great if youre really proactive about shielding raid prior to quake, enfeebling, pulverize...equally as effective imo

Deleted
    Renew spam to win, run around dodging fires and keep spamming meters to TOP! But yes, if people are failing hard with fires discipline could help with her PW:S.