Thread: $1200 laptop

$1200 laptop

Hey guys you helped me with my custom so I thought id come back. I got a buddy that wants a laptop $1200 or under maybe a little more. Any good deals out there?

Thanks
    It's like picking between two block's nacking your wife.- G nev

There are a lot of decent options available at that price point. What is your buddy looking for? All out performance? Mobility?

10+ Year Old Account
    If they're planning on gaming on it, I'd say a Sager NP8651. i7-4720HQ, 970M graphics, 8GB ram, 1TB hard drive, with space to add an M.2 SSD, another hard drive, and up to 32GB RAM, for $1270.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    hello thank you for responding to my buddy's post it is very appreciated. I'm the friend that is currently looking for the new laptop. I'm looking for around 1200 for a laptop ,but I can spend a bit extra if I really need too. I used to have a very nice desktop in vanilla that played everything on top settings ,but currently I'm on a laptop now( desktop died a while back, using brothers laptop) and I prefer a laptop now. The laptop I'm using now plays WoW on the lowest possible settings with 15-20 fps. I'm looking for a laptop that is good performance and if I can possibly get a 17" screen on it that would be wonderful ,but I'm also willing to go with a 15" if needs be to get a good performing computer. If you mean by mobility the heaviness of a laptop , that doesn't bother me at all I'm willing to have a heavy laptop if it means the game runs good. I would say then that I am looking for performance , so I can play WoW and possibly other games on at least some good settings. Again thank you for your guys help it is very appreciated.
    Last edited by dks; 2015-01-23 at 05:21 PM.