Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Top 3 Games You Always Wanted to Play, but Never Did.

The sad truth of life as a gamer: When you're young, you have all the time in the world to play games, but not enough money to buy them. Then when you get older, you have enough money to buy all the games you want, but not enough time to play them.

For me, the biggest games I wish I played are older ones:

1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - I went the PS1 route, and since I was super young at the time I could only pick one system. The only time I got to play N64 was over a friend's house, but we mostly played Goldeneye/Perfect Dark and not much else.
    2. Soul Reaver: Legacy of Kain - I remember a commercial for this and was blown away. I wanted it bad, but at the time I remember I could only get one game for my birthday that year and I think I went with Final Fantasy 8.
    3. Dark Cloud - I'm not even sure how this game turned out but I remember seeing a spread for it in a gaming magazine and was intrigued. But I never got it.

1.) The Last of Us. It sounds like an amazing game, but 30 FPS is a deal breaker for me. While I have a PS3, I'd rather wait to get a PS4 and get a better experience there.

2.) GTA V. Getting really impatient about this game. Rockstar needs to hurry and port it over to PC. Really praying that they do a good job with it, as their previous ports (aside from Max Payne 3, from what I hear) have been pretty bad.

3.) Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth. I love me some Persona, but only own a first generation DS. I really need to get with the times...

1. Chrono Trigger

2. Warcraft 3 - I'd rather wait for the remake of it in the SC2 engine with the rest of the trilogy.

3. Final Fantasy VII - PS2 broke, and I can't find the game disc for under $500.

I have about a hundred in my Steam account waiting to be played! Need to make time! Lots of old series I've tried to catch up on but I keep winding up back on the Warcrack instead.

1) Halo - believe it or not, never played it. Never owned an XBox and I hear the ports are shitty.
    2) Original DoTA/LoL - not really an online PVP guy but seeing as every man and his dog plays it, feels like an omission.
    3) Smash Bros - fooled around with it once but seeing as I didn't have anyone to play with, never really played it.

Hmm, on reflection these are all PVP games.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    1. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - I went the PS1 route, and since I was super young at the time I could only pick one system. The only time I got to play N64 was over a friend's house, but we mostly played Goldeneye/Perfect Dark and not much else.
    If you haven't, it's worth picking up an emulator or a second hand N64 to play this game, it's still awesome today. Also, Starfox 64, for my money the best game of its generation.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    2. Soul Reaver: Legacy of Kain - I remember a commercial for this and was blown away. I wanted it bad, but at the time I remember I could only get one game for my birthday that year and I think I went with Final Fantasy 8.
    IMO, good but not as good as Blood Omen. Also buggy as hell on my version.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    2. Warcraft 3 - I'd rather wait for the remake of it in the SC2 engine with the rest of the trilogy.
    Worth picking up, it hasn't aged that much, just low res graphics really.

P.S. Warcraft 1 and 2 are 100% worth playing still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Prey - It's not sold on any digital service on PC. =/

Soldier of Fortune 1 & 2 - A game from Raven Software that I've always wanted to play. It's not on any digital service either. Could someone please bring these games to GOG?

Vanquish - I don't really like shooters on consoles, so I haven't purchased this game. I hope Sega brings this to PC, I don't like missing out anything from Platinum.

You can buy FFVII From psn ������ and zelda;ocarina can also be played on gamecube! Go for it ������

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanquish - i dont like shooter but this game looks amazing
    FF VII - played a bit on pc a few years ago, but not much

cant think of a third one right now :x

The Last of Us

Bioshock Infinite

Endless Legend

Final Fantasy X

Secret of Mana

Legend of Zelda The Windwaker
    :::: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d w/ NZXT Kraken Elite 240
    :::: MSI Meg X670E Tomahawk
    :::: 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 6000mt/s CL36 DDR5
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Windows 11 Pro

Deleted
    Mostly PS3 exclusives because I had a 360

Demon Souls - Played Dark Souls 1 to death and of course a lot of DS2 as well. Only played Demon Souls at a friend once. Fuck exclusives in amazing series
    The Last of Us - Was interested before release, has sort of died down. Want to play it, but I doubt I would love it as much as people say. Story seems great, gameplay not so much.
    Ni no Kuni - Ghibli fucking rocks.

Ni No Kuni (don't have a PS3)

Soul Sacrifice (don't have a PS Vita)

Dark Souls II (have it, but don't have the time)
    /Zetsumei

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Wait, are you saying they have already done the other 2?

Basically my list of full of console exclusives. I don't do consoles and really I never will.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Max payne 3 till i heard it was broken as hell for pc

Splinter cell conviction till i find out it can't run more than 37 fps on low settings and locked at 19fps during cinematic scenes so i went back with the classic real stealth games

Any games with pre-order bonus i never play because 50% of the content is ripped off the game and sold as DLC's or game ends up being 2 hours long and have to buy rest of the content that should of been included for a 60 dollar game not 230$ per game content

Xenosaga Trilogy
    Valkyrie Profile 2
    .Hack Series

Some of these like the .hack games I've played but never got around to finish. I really want to take the time one day and plow through all these old PS1/2 era games that I missed. JRPGs tend to be my favorite games and it makes me sad I missed them. Such is life tho when that era had a crap ton of awesome games.

I'm also glad I'm almost done with my PS3/360 backlog as there's 3 games and a few of the HD remakes left for me to play through. There's also the new Tales of game and Persona 5 coming up but other than that I'm done. It'll feel great when that happens and then maybe I'll finally catch up on my old games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I had an Xbox and no PS3...

-Demon Souls

-Heavy Rain

-Last of Us

Honorable Mention: Dragon's Crown

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    It's flawless on PC for me. Fantastic game actually, I should really play through that trilogy...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post

Splinter cell conviction till i find out it can't run more than 37 fps on low settings and locked at 19fps during cinematic scenes so i went back with the classic real stealth games

Any games with pre-order bonus i never play because 50% of the content is ripped off the game and sold as DLC's or game ends up being 2 hours long and have to buy rest of the content that should of been included for a 60 dollar game not 230$ per game content
    max payne 3 and splinter cell conviction play pretty well on PC (and i have a mid range PC). both good game game. they haven't aged yet.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. City of Heroes

2. Star Wars Galaxies

3. Tabula Rasa

When I want to play a single-player game, I'll make time for it, but sadly I have no time machine to get around the fact these three games have been shut down.

that's tough, the few games I "wanted" to play, I did. But let's try anyway.

1.Shadow of the Colossus
    2.Beyond: 2 souls (I heard it's bad, but still want to play it)
    3.Any metalgear

Deleted
    Only three? Hmm...
    - Ultima (I'd like to play most of them, but I'm looking forward to 7 the most)
    - FF (Never played one of those, I probably take a look at the hd remakes - afaik 3, 7 and 8 are done - when I've got the time)
    - Chrono Cross/Trigger (I only heard good things about those games, and I love the soundtrack especially of Chrono Cross. I'd have to look for an emulator for PC, though, but that's usually not really hard to find)
    There are lots and lots of others, though.