Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I know, right? In 7 years, 1915-1922, over 2 million ethnic Armenians, Greeks, and Assyrians died in Anatolia, and the Turks had a fraction of the tech and resources Israel has had.

If Israelis really wanted to do the same to Palestinians as was done to Jews in WW2 or Christians in Anatolia, it would have been done by the end of the 1950s.
    Armenian death toll is somewhere around 600 - 700k (give or take 100k). I very much doubt more than 1.3m Greeks and Assyrians are killed.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2015-01-23 at 01:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    No, I was responding to the special individual who I quoted. If you're going to accuse one side of pandering, you can't ignore the flagrant pandering done by the other side as well.
    No sane person is denying that Hamas is scum, and those who understand the politics of the region know that Hamas has an invested interest in continuing the conflict, because once Israel is no longer sending in tanks over stray rocket shots people are going to start to wonder why they're letting a group of people who murdered over 600 politians and activists to get into power, and have continued that trend continuously for the past 8 years, stay in power. The objection is that everyone recognizes Hamas' crimes, but two nations have large portions of the population sticking their fingers in their ears and screaming every time someone criticizes an event like a 13 year old getting shot in the head. I mean, saying something like "well we don't know the facts of that shooting so we really can't draw anything meaningful from it" to that event is pretty disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkis View Post
    Fancy way of saying "shit, i got nothing".

And it proves exactly what? The fact that if Israel wanted to obliterate Palestine it could've done so dozen times already? Or the fact that if you try to use a stick to kill someone with a gun - you will get what's coming to you?

Am i supposed to be insulted by being called a jew? I'll give you some pointers then - you can also call me "whitey" or "ruskie".

Poor chap couldn't control it anymore, his nature got the best of him and exposed him for what he is

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Armenian death toll is somewhere around 600 - 700k (give or take 100k). I very much doubt more than 1.3m Greeks and Assyrians are killed.
    Sources I read said 1.5 million Armenians, 600,000-700,000 Greeks, and 300,000 Assyrians. That could include forcibly deported as well, or it could have referred to deaths, I don't recall.

Either way the point stands, compared to the Holocaust and the Anatolian Genocides, it's hard to put the treatment of the Palestinians in the same category. That doesn't mean everything is fine and dandy with their situation or that they haven't suffered though. I just don't see the genocide the more extreme types say it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidutajs View Post
    Oh Im not - if it came out that way, sorry.

Israel isnt the poor sheep as well but also not the wolf on the hunt as most pretend it is.
    Ive read and written lots about the thuggish policy of settlement and larceny that happens but in no way Hamas` response to that is proportional.
    I agree with you completely. What I meant is, that from legal PoV Israel can be, up to a certain degree, be held responsible for civilian casualties. However, when we take into consideration the facts, that Hamas is literally using civies as human shields, while provoking armed response - it's no wonder that people die in numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since this thread is now about a host of things absolutely not related to the original post I'm closing this.

Next time stay on topic.

CLOSED.