Was using moroes famous polish, and noticed that the bump on the male belfs feet was gone. thought they had fixed it.. was wrong

Then i tried without the boots on.

Oh well.

No active sub, but I used the new feature where you can log in and play characters below level 20, and create new characters, even when you're not subscribed. Played around a bit with both new Belf models.

What stood out to me was how good their facial emotes are. Any emote I tried, both the male and female look great. The male Belf makes hilarious faces while dancing -- but unlike e.g. the Draenei or Night Elves, who try to look hilarious while dancing but end up looking distorted, the Belf emotes look much more natural and believable.

Another positive thing is that, after trying it out myself, I don't find the new female run to be that abhorrent. The old one was smoother and more graceful, and I'm still hoping the new one might get polished a bit more to get some of that grace back, but the new one is okay as well. Not good, but okay.

The male run, however ... ouch. Holy hell. That one looks like it shouldn't have made it live, it looks unfinished. The back / shoulder / arm area looks so stiff, hard to describe. It just looks like the animation isn't properly done yet. I'd say it's on par with the 6.0 male Night Elf run, and as such, I'm strongly hoping it will be improved in the future. That's one part that really sticks out in the otherwise really well animated Belves, and unfortunately, the running animation is the one you see the most out of all animations.

And the male faces, well ... the :3 is annoying. What I found though is that when you /walk, and then look at his face, he doesn't do the :3 thing. His face becomes more stern then, though he still has that very thin upper lip.
    Ultimately, I am and will continue to keep arguing for more freedom in terms of being able to choose an idle face expression, for all races. I wanna choose whether my Nelf smiles or frowns, and I wanna choose whether my Belf has a :3 or a stern look on his face.

The female faces are just great. How come their lips look so much more natural (as in, like real lips) than the lips of some of the other models? Gnome lips look "glued on", and Human, Draenei, Undead etc also don't have such great looking lips. Belves however, simply amazing. Maybe one day we'll see better lip options for the other races as well.

There are minor mishaps, like that "elegant" hairstyle being wrong, or (a bit less minor) the formerly stern freckle face now has a smile, which doesn't quite fit. But I'm hoping the former will be fixed, and that the latter will someday become a non-issue with personalized idle expressions. *hopes*

/ramble
    Last edited by Awbee; 2015-03-16 at 09:28 PM.

Male emotes looking great? They look derp during most animations and the jaw colapses when hes talking. Expression during fall animation is great though, it looks like hes just done watching adult stuff...

Hm, I was mostly admiring the /dance and casting emotes. But I tried the different talking emotes (., ? and ! ) as well, and didn't notice anything egregious. I might have to go and take another look ^^

7+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Laze View Post
    Was using moroes famous polish, and noticed that the bump on the male belfs feet was gone. thought they had fixed it.. was wrong

Then i tried without the boots on.

Oh well.
    Nice feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    I still wonder why that matters.

Why are you staring at your character's panties?

Deleted
    Less crotch time, more foot time imo.

We can see the latter, and as the above post but one shows, they look awful :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashiraya View Post
    I still wonder why that matters.

Why are you staring at your character's panties?
    Probably because I can.
    Do You care if character will stick out third hand from the hip?
    Ie - these questions are not relevant. What shouldn't be - shouldn't be (such a pun).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    I had never noticed DKs had different underwear. Is it just for new female BE models ? Or do I just not strip my Undead female DK often enough to notice ?

Deleted
    i checked the PTR today but saw no direct changes or tweaks to female Blood Elf ... has anyone else noticed something?

Quote Originally Posted by WarpGuN View Post
    i checked the PTR today but saw no direct changes or tweaks to female Blood Elf ... has anyone else noticed something?
    These are the more of obvious ones I've came to notice. I've included some pics as a links in the text to avoid cluttering the post with images.

Ruby earrings are back, I updated the old picture I used back then to show the issue to have the ones in the current PTR

There is something they changed about their underwear, you can see it when you look at the golden ornament. This hasn't however changed how pants sit on them from what I've seen. Ptr on left and Live on Right.

Boots are now fixed when you wear robes/kilts.

Some issues still remain however that I'd like for them to look into, those being

Sitting animation still fails to loop after a small time.

Some faces (2, 4, 9 & 10) are still lacking their unique eyes for when you stray away from the first skintones.

Death Knight glow still hangs to the side.

Elaborate hairstyle still has the band to it.
    Last edited by sylvira; 2015-04-17 at 10:43 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvira View Post
    These are the more of obvious ones I've came to notice. I've included some pics as a links in the text to avoid cluttering the post with images.

Ruby earrings are back, I updated the old picture I used back then to show the issue to have the ones in the current PTR

There is something they changed about their underwear, you can see it when you look at the golden ornament. This hasn't however changed how pants sit on them from what I've seen. Ptr on left and Live on Right.

Boots are now fixed when you wear robes/kilts.

Some issues still remain however that I'd like for them to look into, those being

Sitting animation still fails to loop after a small time.

Some faces (2, 4, 9 & 10) are still lacking their unique eyes for when you stray away from the first skintones.

Death Knight glow still hangs to the side.

Elaborate hairstyle still has the band to it.
    Nice, thank you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    Less crotch time, more foot time imo.
    Ah, I see you're a foot person. Personally, I prefer the crotch.

Deleted
    Blood Elves were okayish, but to tell the truth, i went back to my original race, Orc(male).

I still believe that from all the new models, the male Orc, both model and animation wise, is a step above anything else, along with Dwarf.

Blood Elf males suffer from way too stiff animations, duck lips, and the female blood elves suffer from boot geosets being blocky compared to the other models. The work was average to be honest, females are a bit better, but still...

Male belves suffer from being ignored. Cant see any changes. Hairstyle is still flying, his feet still look weird without shoes, his falling face is still derp, his facial animations still look weird, tabard still lcips into ass and crotch wearing the heavier pants model, duck lips are still there, his nose size on face 1 and 4 is still massive, 1 hand still goes trough his hips when sheated etc.

Male belves suffer from being ignored. Cant see any changes. Hairstyle is still flying, his feet still look weird without shoes, his falling face is still derp, his facial animations still look weird, tabard still lcips into ass and crotch wearing the heavier pants model, duck lips are still there, his nose size on face 1 and 4 is still massive, 1 hand still goes trough his hips when sheated etc.

Troll males would like to have a word with you :P

Some models have as much issues really. Especially male nelf. At least belves got nice body texture. I'm glad to see that those models got some tweaks, but it bothers me that the most rushed ones aren't adressed yet.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post

Some models have as much issues really. Especially male nelf. At least belves got nice body texture. I'm glad to see that those models got some tweaks, but it bothers me that the most rushed ones aren't adressed yet.
    My druid has had a word with me, and he ended up being shelfed. lol. I dont like the textures on the male troll, nor can i take the male nelf model seriously. I can barely take my super happy duck face belves seriously now either, so meh.

Nice body textures, sure, but my characters are always dressed, and the most skin i ever see is the head, as i love heavy armor, with high neck chests.
    Last edited by Laze; 2015-04-17 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post

To capitalize on this... The blood elf male has been on the "feels ignored" list "only" since the 24th of february... The troll male has been almost entirely untouched regarding its -big- issues since the original WoD beta.

I wholly sympathise with blood elf male players, because even with their model at least coming out much more finished than the troll male, the belf male suffers more from bad design and artistic -decisions- as opposed to just being rushed out before all the kinks were worked out.

I'm just bringing this up, not to bash you, but because at least the blood elf models get traction on the forums and are more likely to reach the dev's attention, but really, their priorities should be falling back on fixing the models that have been neglected the longest by now. By now they should perhaps be put aside a little only for the sake of finishing up models that are in even greater need, if it's so that they can only work on one model at a time and not split their artists between several...

My druid has had a word with me, and he ended up being shelfed. lol. I dont like the textures on the male troll, nor can i take the male nelf model seriously. I can barely take my super happy duck face belves seriously now either, so meh.
    However your time will come I'm sure, after all it's one of the most popular races in the game... Again, I can sympathise, despite how my post might have given a different impression; I hope neither of us have to wait a whole lot longer.

Nice body textures, sure, but my characters are always dressed, and the most skin i ever see is the head, as i love heavy armor, with high neck chests.
    The texture quality of the body directly affects the quality of the armour textures spread over it, but it's not overtly noticeable, I'll give you that...

Indeed that is a problem for the blood elf male, because it's not their body that's the biggest problem (except for when they're moving and their body warps and twists unnaturally like rubber e.e; along with other bugs you mentioned) - it's the face. Because even while being one of the latest models they've worked on they've still struggled with translating the original's faces to the new, with the new implementing unnecessary changes that I just can't comprehend how they managed to make it through into the game... I really struggle to understand how it was possible to go from the nigh-pitch perfect artcraft face, to the ones we have live.

The troll male has the opposite problem... Awesome face/head, yet half of their body (the underdeveloped geometry at the back of almost the whole model) is unfinished and with flawed textures, but I digress, this is a belf model thread, my apologies...
    Last edited by Oggudrai; 2015-04-17 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggudrai View Post
    To capitalize on this... The blood elf male has been on the "feels ignored" list "only" since the 24th of february... The troll male has been almost entirely untouched regarding its -big- issues since the original WoD beta.

I wholly sympathise with blood elf male players, because even with their model at least coming out much more finished than the troll male, the belf male suffers more from bad design and artistic -decisions- as opposed to just being rushed out before all the kinks were worked out.

I'm just bringing this up, not to bash you, but because at least the blood elf models get traction on the forums and are more likely to reach the dev's attention, but really, their priorities should be falling back on fixing the models that have been neglected the longest by now. By now they should perhaps be put aside a little only for the sake of finishing up models that are in even greater need, if it's so that they can only work on one model at a time and not split their artists between several...

However your time will come I'm sure, after all it's one of the most popular races in the game... Again, I can sympathise, despite how my post might have given a different impression; I hope neither of us have to wait a whole lot longer.

The texture quality of the body directly affects the quality of the armour textures spread over it, but it's not overtly noticeable, I'll give you that...

Indeed that is a problem for the blood elf male, because it's not their body that's the biggest problem (except for when they're moving and their body warps and twists unnaturally like rubber e.e; along with other bugs you mentioned) - it's the face. Because even while being one of the latest models they've worked on they've still struggled with translating the original's faces to the new, with the new implementing unnecessary changes that I just can't comprehend how they managed to make it through into the game... I really struggle to understand how it was possible to go from the nigh-pitch perfect artcraft face, to the ones we have live.

The troll male has the opposite problem... Awesome face/head, yet half of their body (the underdeveloped geometry at the back of almost the whole model) is unfinished and with flawed textures, but I digress, this is a belf model thread, my apologies...
    You have a good point, but the reason why im expecting changes to the male belf is because they are changing the female belves all the time. As far as i know the female troll model has been just as ignored as the male troll model, so seeing the female belf having all these changes while the male is just being left untouched angers me, especially as it is giving me hopes that the male will be touched, yet it crushed that same hope every patch i see changes to the female and not the male.