Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Looking at the data sub's rupture going from 672% to 700% is a 70% increase wat?
    Not sure where you are getting 672%. I'm seeing 411% to 700.8%. (I only read from the post, I don't know the actual live numbers, which is what I assume you are looking at?)

Which is crazy, nearly doubling the damage of rupture. I wonder what spot this will put us in overall? I already thought I was doing alright, but I'm no Mythic raider and maxed out at 28k (I'm 658 with 645/640 wep *Cry* blizz hates me) sustained in Heroic HM, and I see much higher numbers from other classes.

Looking forward to it. Hope to see this going through sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by Kelzs; 2015-01-30 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Words

Quote Originally Posted by Kelzs View Post
    Not sure where you are getting 672%. I'm seeing 411% to 700.8%.
    http://www.wowdb.com/spells/1943-rupture

What you see on the frontPage is comparing venomous wounds to sub rupture .....
    Last edited by Wow; 2015-01-30 at 06:24 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to leave the numbers alone until tomorrow (i.e. off the front page) and I can confirm changes with some time and a spreadsheet. Going to task a dev with figuring out why the diffs initially produced the wrong info too.

Only change we made this build on our end was adding support for $versadmg and that shouldn't have affected calculations.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    snip

What you see on the frontPage is comparing venomous wounds to sub rupture .....
    Ahhh, I was comparing it to the "Old - Normal" damage.

Deleted
    I think I'm going crazy I saw a note that Rupture for sub was increased 70%, now I can't find it at all? Tried looking everywhere I'm almost 100% sure I saw it. Some help me

Think the combat new pvp 4pc. will effect DFA? If so a deep insight vanish (with night stalker) dfa -> killing spree will hit hard as fuck.

Nightstalker doesnt work with the second part of DFA. Also, this change is probably the laziest change I have ever seen they just copied Sin's 4-set and called it a day. These guys are really starting to bug me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebbars View Post
    I think I'm going crazy I saw a note that Rupture for sub was increased 70%, now I can't find it at all? Tried looking everywhere I'm almost 100% sure I saw it. Some help me
    I can't find anything about a rupture buff anywhere O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I'm going to leave the numbers alone until tomorrow (i.e. off the front page) and I can confirm changes with some time and a spreadsheet. Going to task a dev with figuring out why the diffs initially produced the wrong info too.

Only change we made this build on our end was adding support for $versadmg and that shouldn't have affected calculations.
    Look at this post guys and stop looking for that rupture "buff". It's just like that versa dmg they did with Eviscerate. It's a buff, but only a very slight one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like in the last build alone, the only change was a nerf to Crimson Tempest (for all specs), and that change honestly just looks like lazy rounding on Blizzard's part. In one part of the equation, there was a 0.0602, and in the other half, there was a 1.5. Now, there is a 0.09 (0.0903 rounded to 2 places, probably) on one half and a 1.0 on the other half. I doubt that small nerf is representative of any class design.

There are other changes in the previous build (19533) that we missed at the time due to not supporting their new $versadmg variable. (Among them was the buff from 672% to 700% for Rupture for Subtlety, for example.)

Added some tickets to get Curse devs to fix the mismatched comparison tooltips and incorrect difference text.

Sorry for the confusion!

Deleted
    Why would they buff the tank class rouge?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    There's still a 5% nerf to the healing.
    Its crazy its not a 5% nerf to the leach, its a 33% nerf to the leach, which is massive

Got confused. What's happening? Is envenom getting a buff or not? ... Time will tell, I know, but patience is not one of my virtues

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripax View Post
    Got confused. What's happening? Is envenom getting a buff or not? ... Time will tell, I know, but patience is not one of my virtues
    No. Technically, Envenom was slightly nerfed because they nerfed Assassin's Resolve from 15% to 10%. Unless this is a tooltip change for Live, anyway. I haven't kept up with non-Paladin hotfixes.

I don't think the 4pc set bonus for combat is designed in a good way. You need to spec into Anticipation to avoid wasting combo points (vanish -> 5CP you do a finisher then Ambush if you're specced into Subterfuge, otherwise ambush then finisher).

That is actually the only way to get full advantage from it.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    No. Technically, Envenom was slightly nerfed because they nerfed Assassin's Resolve from 15% to 10%. Unless this is a tooltip change for Live, anyway. I haven't kept up with non-Paladin hotfixes.
    I believe Assassin's Resolve is 17% on live.

Deleted
    So, the only Sub's Rupture up has been the versatility included in the damage? Or was it only a tooltip change? Is there a buff at all?

So wait...Assassin rogues got nerfed?

WTF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I don't think the 4pc set bonus for combat is designed in a good way. You need to spec into Anticipation to avoid wasting combo points (vanish -> 5CP you do a finisher then Ambush if you're specced into Subterfuge, otherwise ambush then finisher).

That is actually the only way to get full advantage from it.
    Yeah unless you time vanish to refresh SnD before Ambush I suppose, just saw it and it it does look kinda weird, almost like someone over there thought anticipation was baseline.

Deleted
    Time to head to twitter to try avert the next dev debacle on the rogue class